“50th Birthday Celebration.”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had an awesome time! The staff was very accomodating and friendly. It is located right on the Riverwalk and convenient to a variety of activities. We had a room with a balcony and could look out into the pool area and the river. The room was very nice, comfortable and had all the amenities we needed. I emailed Ingrid S. ahead of time to let her know I was celebrating my 50th and she was very quick to reply and made sure our stay was a pleasant, enjoyable, and memorable one. Thank you to all of the staff (especially Ingrid) for making our stay special. I would stay there again and would highly recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Higher, balcony floors are nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Both of us are sore after sleeping 2 nights here.

Quite overpriced.

Balcony is not one for relaxing. It's just a tiny one. I had expected a chair to sit on to relax out over the riverwalk, but no.

No back exit to the riverwalk that I could find. You have to go out the front door into the traffic of the all the Hummers parked out front and go around the block and down to the riverwalk. If there is indeed an exit, it was not apparent and I didn't find it.

Seems clean enough.

So crowded with big families, lots of small children.

Coffee is terrible and way overpriced.

Nice that they have 24 hour room service options.

One would think that with a $350 per night price tag, internet should be included, but no. It's $7.53 for 2 hours or $15.13 per day. That's gouging.

Staff was fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you pearl for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. However, it is unfortunate to read that you did not experience 100% guest satisfaction during your visit.

I'm sorry you didn't find your balcony to your satisfaction, perhaps next time you stay with us you might try the rooms with a terrace. Also, I'm sorry you had to walk out of the front of our hotel to get to the river walk. We have several exits to the riverwalk from our bottom floor, I wish you had asked one of our staff members to avoid this inconvenience.

Thank you again for your comments and we sincerely hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Westin Riverwalk is a conveniently located downtown hotel. Short walk to the Alamo, Rivercenter shops, the Convention Center and a wide assortment of restaurants both on or near the Riverwalk. The Westin has very comfortable rooms maintained by a very pleasant and dedicated staff. Sikira took excellent care of our room. The lobby is bright and comfortable. The restaurant food was enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello WorldTraveler332,
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments and for recognizing Sikira.

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Beautiful place. The patented heavenly bed is beyond what you could imagine. Though the weather wasn't great during our visit, the beautiful room, comfortable bed, and delicious room service food made for a great stay. Housekeeping is the only area that was not up to par. I left a note and tip for the housekeeper to add extra cream when restocking our coffee packets. Not only did she not leave the cream, she took my money! We requested towels and because of a long delay, we had to help ourselves to some off a cart to get to dinner on time. I also think they were slow on removing room services dishes etc from the hallways - not the most pleasant thing. All other aspects made the trip very enjoyable and above all restful .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2014

A very nice property and location on the riverwalk in San Antonio. The staff was polite, well trained and professional. The hotel itself is more than you would expect for the price. The rooms were good size with nice balconies to take in some fresh air. The in-room coffee maker did not match up to the Starbucks coffee packet in the room resulting in a so-so cup of coffee.

Room Tip: Very nice breakfast buffet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you travelingmarker, we really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had a nice stay at the Riverwalk Westin. I accidentally left some clothes in the drawer so I called security and talked to Rafael. He was very helpful. He went and checked the room right away and called me back to tell me he found everything. He mailed everything back to me. I'm very happy to have my things back!

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello Jmobille,
Thank you for leaving us your comment! I'm glad to hear that Rafael was able to find your clothes and mail them to you. Thank you for recognizing him.

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I think the title covers the generalities. The location is excellent being in a quieter area of the Riverwalk, away from the rowdier bars and restaurants. It is only a short walk - couple of hundred yards along the Riverwalk loop to the reach the lively strip, but you will appreciate the quieter nights, less pedestrian traffic, and more tree'd / groomed walkways. The hotel is in better shape, with higher quality appearance and feeling compared to the other major chain hotels on the Riverwalk. The rooms are in good shape, but amenities are predictable / standard. The patrons tend to be older, families and some conventioneers. Rooms are clean, but housekeeping tends to be frugal in replacing toiletry items. Minibars are well stocked, and a couple of bottled waters are complementary (not all hotels offer this basic amenity). The beds were very comfortable, with great pillows. For light sleepers, I suggest a high floor facing the Riverwalk, since you wont hear as much traffic, and since there are relatively few restaurants and pedestrians compared to other areas.

The hotels shines due to the excellent onsite Italian(ish) restaurant and coffee bar. The food is superior quality (compared to others along the Riverwalk), while service is also good. Breakfast menu is shorter but the food quality and serving size is very good. The buffet selections were good. Prices are competitive with other chain hotels.

The pool is small but pleasantly, its heated. Comfortable lounge chairs and umbrellas are available, and there are typically lots of towels poolside. The only issue was the poor / sporadic poolside service. There is small, poorly stocked bar, but in the 4 days of our stay, we only had service one day, and then the attendant came and went. There was no waiter, and I didn't see any menus, although I assume food service was also available. There is lots of room for improvement here... The gym is pretty good, with a selection of common, well-maintained machines as well as small change-facilities. We didn't try the spa.

Hotel staff were friendly, accommodating, and generally did as they were expected to do. Check-in and check-out were rapid. The concierge compared to other hotels was not as reliable unfortunately. There is a concierge desk, but as with the pool service, was sporadically attended. Fortunately in San Antonio, much of what you may want to see is easily found without assistance. I am sure that in the absence of the concierge, anyone manning the reception desk would be willing and able to assist.

Overall, this is in our opinion the best hotel choice on the Riverwalk in terms of quality, convenience, dining and prospect of a restful night.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family