“Exceptional Service from Raphael Hanson”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband is handicap so with all the extras we have to do for him (such as wheelchair, crutches, packing, carry bags etc.) we forgot some items in the dresser drawer. Raphael Hanson went the extra mile to not only locate the items but to also ensure that the items were mailed back to us. He left us a phone message identifying himself and letting us know how he was going to take care of getting our stuff back to us. We received the package in the mail and to our surprise Raphael followed up with a phone call to check to make sure we did receive the package...AMAZING!! Raphael demonstrated that he truly cared about us as a customer & wanted us to have a good experience with the Westin...what an awesome employee to have representing the Westin. We will definitely stay there again thanks to Raphael!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband & I chose the westin as our hotel when we went to the river walk lighting parade. It was a great choice from the moment I decided to book it. They were very helpful in matching the Internet special that I had found & gave me a discount on their restaurant. When we arrived the gentleman working valet was very nice helping us unload our bags & offering us more options than just valet parking. Then the girl working the concierge desk was very helpful in helping us figure out where we were supposed to pick up ours parade tickets & again the next day when we had my 8 year old nephew & were trying to decide on an activity that he would have fun with. Our room was clean & very comfortable. My only complaint & it's a small one is that the hot water in the room wasn't very hot & it took a long time for it to reach our room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I think this is the best option for places to stay on the Riverwalk. It is elegant, comfortable and well located. The staff was efficient, but not particularly outgoing or friendly.

My only concern was the daily housekeeping that did not quite seem to keep up with the cleaning, particularly in the bathroom area. Things were not replenished, and surfaces (like mirrors) were not always cleaned.

The restaurant on the river is a pleasant enough place to sit and enjoy, or for a dinner meeting, but the food was uninspired.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you Diegodad2 for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. However, it is unfortunate to read that you did not experience 100% guest satisfaction during your visit. Your comments have been reviewed and shared with our management team. We certainly apologize for the issues you encountered with housekeeping. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the type of overall experience that we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comment and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of stay and service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

Bill Petrella

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was a great place to stay and service was amazing. When I arrived home I realized I left my sun glasses in my room. I called and a security officer Manuel Martinez found them in lost and found and sent them to me. I received them the next day, great job Manuel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed here a few weeks ago and had great service and a terrific suite overlooking the riverwalk.The hotel has rooms with city views and riverwalk views. We tried both types of room views and enjoyed both. Our riverwalk view room was superb. The staff made us feel like family especially Alberto, Emily, Joe F., our bell man, The staff at Zocca restaurant in the hotel and witha great view of the riverwalk, were especially attentive and welcomon. Andi, our waiter and Jaime Torres were especially hospitable, suggestng appetizer and entree choices and enticing us to come back with a free appetizer. The free appetizer was great to have and a a nice touch but not necessary as the food was always really good and the service superb..We ate most of our meals over our 4 day stay at Zocca's.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a riverwalk view on a mid level floor. Try the Arancini at Zoccas!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I had an opportunity to spend a night at the Westin over the Thanksgiving holidays while visiting my wife's relatives in San Antonio on the river. We dropped off the kids at Grandma's, checked into the hotel, met some friends and went to a Spurs game and then we came back and grabbed a couple beverages at the Westin Bar/Restaurant downstairs on the river. The service was excellent. We then spent the night in complete relaxation enjoying the "Heavenly Bed". The accommadations were just perfect.

Thanks Bill P. for getting us set up.

Devon & Erica D.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Devon & Erica, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of our hotel such as the heavenly bed, service and Zocca Cuisine d'Italia.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon! Go Spurs!

Bill Petrella

Reviewed December 11, 2013

An awesome hotel with outstanding service. The rooms are spacious and and in typical Westin style, so very comfortable. We had some issues, not at all the fault of the hotel or staff, and they went out of their way to help. The late night drinks and food were delightful after sitting alongside the Riverwalk as the summer sun set. A definite return visit is in order!

Room Tip: The Riverwalk side is delightful!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business