“Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel has nice decor and in a great location right on the Riverwalk downtown. The staff was very helpful and the room was well cleaned. The room we had was not real large but had a table to work on and a small balcony that over looked the river. The bath had a nice shower but no ventilation. The room was a bit pricey at $329 a night but had a nice workout area and a pool. They had cheese and fruit in the evening but no breakfast. It was a nice stay we walked to the Alamo and just about anything downtown was close by.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Hello Dealsnphotos,
We really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments and for uploading your pictures!

Bill Petrella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,144)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Westin last year and enjoyed it so much we wanted to stay here again for our anniversary. We appreciate the quiet location, away from the hustle and bustle of the main riverwalk area. We cannot thank Patti B. and David S. enough for making our stay very special. Everyone was very courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms w/a balcony on the river side are a must.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a weekend get away a the Westin. We have stayed at several hotels on the Riverwalk but we keep coming back to the Westin. It is perfectly located (not too far from the restaurants but in a quiet area). We had a great room with a view of the Riverwalk. The amenities are great and the staff and service is great. Had some problems with AC in room. We were given another room and $50.00 food credit for the inconvience. The breakfast was good and our server (Danny A.) was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda A
Hi Amanda A,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the Westin Riverwalk. I'm glad to hear that we took care of you despite the AC issue.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was in San Antonio for a 2 day meeting in September 2013. Having flown in from Hawaii, I was pretty tired. I was greeted at the Front Desk by Grace, who was wonderful!!! She was very professional and friendly. Having an unusual spelling last name, she initially could not find my reservations, but after looking more in detail, she found my reservations. I did not have my SPG Starwoods number and again she graciously told me "no problem" and looked for my account and entered my number.

The meetings went well with a nice selection of food for the meals we had at the hotel. The hotel is right on the River Walk. As a hint, if you are going to the Mall nearby, it is faster to go to the street level and walk over, as the River Walk meanders and is not the faster way.

The staff of the Westin were friendly. Upon leaving the hotel, two bellman helped me get transportation to the airport. This is my third stay in three years and I would definitely recommend it to a friend!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SCA50
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Visiting San Antonio for the first time to house hunt and decided to stay at the Westin on the Riverwalk to de-stress. Greeted by GraceaBella at the front desk and was immediately impressed! She was so caring and attentive with our stay. She was personable and I felt was truly interested in my stay.
The room was beautiful and had an amazing view of the riverwalk! All of the staff were great, from the valet to the bellman to a very professional young man named Severino! Thank you ALL so very much for making our stay amazing and welcoming us to San Antonio! We will stay again at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013
Hi Angela S,
Thank you for telling us about your stay at the Westin Riverwalk and for pointing out various aspects of our hotel such as the staff, view and service.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we wish you luck in finding your new home!

Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I were able to enjoy the Westin for 4 nights while he attend the IPI conference. We had stayed at the Hyatt last year and I thought it was great but the Westin was so much better. It is on the quiter area but the most beautiful part of the Riverwalk. The setting area down by the restaurant was really wonderful for coffee or drinks. We also had coffee at the coffee shop down in the lobby and it was always good. Our room was great on the riverside with a balcony, the only down was no chairs on the balcony. I did hear some hall noise during the night in our room. George Cantreras was very helpful to us. Hands down I would stay here again as soon as I get another chance!

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

OUTSTANDING SERVICE from this Westin from an employee named JR Vasquez.
My husband was attending a medical seminar at your faculty today and thought the limo driver had his suitcase. Long story short my husband’s suitcase was left at the Westin hotel. I called in a panic asking for a taxi to deliver the suitcase to the airport. JR was very helpful in acting quickly and providing details of the taxi to us so my husband knew who to look for and in case it was stolen we know who to report.
We really truly appreciate JR’s proactive, thorough, and speedy process in helping to get our suitcase in time before the flight left Texas.
I highly recommend this Westin hotel, the rooms are comfortable, clean, and you will receive EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE from the staff.

3 Thank MelindaFlorida
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you MelindaFlorida, we really appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments. We're glad that JR was able to help you get your suitcase! We are lucky to have JR on our staff!