“Would stay here again”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #12 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a newer hotel on the riverwalk. I found it very comfortable although I had a great view of the parking lot across the street. It does not matter if you are on the riverwalk side when you are on the 12th floor anyway. The staff was nice. The bed was comfortable and I really had no complaints. There is a great restaurant downstairs as well.

Room Tip: Unless you are on a lower floor, does not matter.
2  Thank Zabe123
Write a ReviewReviews (4,166)

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I were staying in this hotel during Labor day. It's a nice hotel, friendly staff and location is nice. We didn't get a room with a balcony as we asked upon reservation but whatever, city view was also good. Just know that balcony rooms have a view of the river walk. These guys also have a pool on the roof with a nice atmosphere.
It was a pleasure to get a complimentary appetizer in the restaurant for checking in the foursquare.
The only bad things are coffee pot in the room which didn't work, dirty mirrors. Also we received the wrong bill, but when I called to the hotel they understood it and didn't charge to c/c more than they had to.
Anyway it was not bad for that period, capacity was high.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christina00000000000
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've been to SA twice now, staying at two different hotels on the Riverwalk. This Westin was definitily superior, but I'm surprised that a hotel in this area (especially a high end one like a Westin), and in Texas still struggles to provide an AC system that works well! Seems like I could get it cool during the day, and that it was true to the number on the thermostat but at night - HELLO HUMIDITY and DISCOMFORT! Food was ok, gym was adequate (though small for the size of the hotel). The staff was attentive, and I'd think of staying here if I returned to SA.

3  Thank KFerg
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hello KFerg,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. San Antonio can be rather humid this time of year, but it shouldn't impact your room. Our operational teams have been notified. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the quality of stay we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comments and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide you with a comfortable stay that you rightfully should expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

From the minute we arrived under the hotel's portico we were treated well.
The valet parking was an extra charge but well worth it. It never took longer than 4 minutes to have the car brought to us.Once inside the impeccably decorated lobby the ambience was very pleasant,the hotel was clean and beautiful. Zocco's restaurant was delicious and priced very well.
The staff obviously strives to deliver excellent customer service. As an example I asked about a certain paint color on the walls and was directed to Leo in the Engineering department who called me back with the information. That was impressive! We will definitely choose the Westin again for our San Antonio travel plans. Susan P.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Susan P
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at The Westin in San Antonio, Texas. Our experience during our stay was outstanding. From the time we drove in until the time we checkedout, the staff we encountered were extremely cordial and helpful. I would like to commed our server, Raul, in the Zocca Resturant for making our dining great. The housekeeper on our floor, Sikena, was so friendly when I stepped out of my room both mornings.

I noticed on our drive home that had I had lost a bracelet. So I called the hotel on Monday morning and spoke with Amanda in security. She informed me that they had my bracelet and it was turned in by Jenevy form the Zocca Resturant where I had lunch. We will return to this hotel in the future because we had such a wonderful experience during our stay.

3  Thank Joyce B

Hello Joyce B,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that our staff took good care of you.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Overall the weekend stay at the Westin Riverwalk Hotel was Impeccably excellent! Since the moment that I booked my room, I commented to the reservations clerk the purpose of our reservation and was immediatley upgraded to a lavish and spacious Mission Suite. The check-in process was smooth and placid and I was offered assistance for my luggage. The moment that I walked in to the Mission Suite I was breathtaken by the elegance of the Suite. Instantly the room phone rang and it was the hotels front desk asking me about the quality of the room and to inform me the Westin Riverwalk Hotel had a special surprise gift for me and the Bridal party. In exactly 10 minutes there was a knock at the door & we were gracefully greated by a Room Service attendant that was informing us about the special gift the hotel had for the Mission Suite Bridal Guests. It was a bottle of the Westin's "Silver Label 2010 Cabernet Savignon" accompanied by a tray of fruit and a special note from the hotel's G.M. wishing us a great bridal shower. Its was an extra special gesture from the Hotel!!! The overall experience was marvelous including the Westin Security Officer Mr. Manuel Martinez and his assistance with my bridal shower guests! We were treated as the Hotels VIP!! The hotel Pool was relaxing and the drinks at the hotel pool bar are prepared tasteful and delightful! I would reccomend The Westin Riverwalk Hotel to everyone especially if planning a special weekend with friends be prepared to be pampered with excellent service and attention! Thank you Westin for an unforgettable weekend in San Antonio, Texas

Room Tip: Mission suites are Luxurious and Spacious
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Patricia G
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hello Patricia G,
Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments - it's always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their special occasions while at our hotel!

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your bridal shower and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Omar Benitez was so patient and kind to me and the Women in the Green Industry John Deere conference group. Thank you so much for your attention to the details, it made my stay comfortable and memorable. Omar was able very professional handling all our requests and made but fun in the process.

• Stayed: September 2013