“Great Overall Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Miami, Florida
“Great Overall Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Comfortable hotel. Friendly staff. Great room. Amazing location. Whole experience felt luxurious. Also, I want to thank Ingrid Schmidt hotels Executive Assistant for helping with all the small details that made this hotel experience stand out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank I A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,144)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've stayed many times at The Westin Riverwalk and I'm impressed each and every time by the staff's dedication to service. On my most recent stay, I did what all frequent travelers do from time to time: I mistakenly left a couple of things behind.

Discovering this on my return home, I called the hotel, and within minutes, thanks to the help of two dedicated employees, security officer Amanda Sanchez, and event manager Monica Castillo, the hotel informed me they'd made arrangements to ship my items to my home.

Couple this kind of service with the beauty of the hotel, its prime location on a quiet stretch overlooking the riverwalk, I never hesitate to recommend The Westin Riverwalk, whether for business or pleasure.

2 Thank John C
Bedford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I am a travel agent for Carlson Wagonlit Travel and recently stayed at the Westin and just wanted to say that I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone. It's a beautiful hotel overlooking the riverwalk and a wonderful place to stay. The bathrooms were excellent and classy with all the ammenities. The service was excellent all around and it was so peaceful eating breakfast outside overlooking the riverwalk!! I would recommend this hotel for the business traveler or for the leisure traveler.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Erinmarie17
Burleson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here for our 26th Anniversary. Beautiful hotel, right on the Riverwalk, which is what we were looking for. First evening of our stay, we were surprised by the concierge with a complementary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! We had one small mis-hap later as we were getting ready to go out for dinner. There were 3 hotel staff immediately at our door, including the security officer, Mr. Manuel Martinez. Mr. Martinez arranged for us to be moved to another room, where we were treated like royalty for the rest of our stay. Best customer service we've ever had! They turned our stay into a great and memorable experience and we will definitely come back!

2 Thank Kelly M
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Kelly M,
Congratulations on your 26th anniversary! Thank you for telling us about your stay. We're very happy to hear that you were taken care of and that you had a wonderful time. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Yesterday I was at the Westin for a Chamber of Commerce luncheon, and returned to my car in the ramp across the street, only to find the tire completely flat. I was in a dress and heels so did not want to change the tire myself. The Westin's kind valet staff tried to pump the tire with their air compressor, but to no avail. They told me that, unfortunately, they could not put on the spare for me due to liability, which I understood completely.

While waiting on the sidewalk for the tow truck to arrive, young cook Christoph from Zocca left his shift and saw me. He asked if I needed any assistance. I briefly explained the situation, and he immediately offered to put on the spare for me. I demurred, as I had the tow truck on the way and didn’t want to inconvenience him, but he insisted. I cancelled the tow truck (which had been delayed significantly) and Christoph proceeded to work in the 100 degree heat to put on my spare tire so that I could drive to my repair garage. It was very hot and unpleasant in the ramp, but he was gracious and fixed the tire without any complaint.

I sent a compliment to the hotel, and I'm writing it up here ,as well. I am so impressed with their staff in general, and with this young man in particular. Thank you, Westin, for hiring such quality people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank celesteandrick
Hi celesteandrick,
Thank you for telling your story. I'm sorry that you were put in a tough situation, but am thankful that you were taken care of by our staff. I will personally thank Christoph for what he did for you. We're lucky to have him.
We hope to see you again soon.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I ran an Educational Event here over the weekend. I've done multiple events in San Antonio in the past, but the banquet staff here far exceed all other hotels in the area. All of the staff were amazing to work with, but I'd like to specifically point out Jorge Galindo and Eujene Schlaff as top notch as they went above and beyond without skipping a beat! My event ran very smooth and it made my job very easy.

Room Tip: If you are staying at the hotel in a river view room, I'd suggest a lower floor so you can actua...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Whitney C
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

First off I booked my room 3 months in advance and requested a king size bed but received 2 double beds. Next I had requested a river view yet I recieve a view of the parking garage. To make matters worse there was a room with 2 small dogs next door that barked most of the night. The icing on the cake, we were given incorrect directions to a local restaurant by the hotel front desk. This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have EVER had. Will never stay at the Westin again!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Courtney R
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you Courtney R for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comment and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.