“Always A Great Stay”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #12 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times and love the place. We take our grand kids with us so they can experience San Antonio. The owners of this property are attentive to great and personal service. Great place to kick back and relax. Try the Presidential Suite sometime.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Crudecows
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you Crudecows, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel such as your experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Bill Petrella

Write a ReviewReviews (4,166)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is absolutely one of the finest hotels we have ever stayed in! We are Starwood members, and upon early check in, were upgraded to the River Walk side and a premium room! The staff here is fantastic! Everything about this hotel is above board. The lobby is incredible. I was able to get a room without paying for the valet parking. We had no desire to leave. Zocca was a fantastic restaurant. The BEST hotel on the RW !!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaimietoys

Thank you Jaime, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel from the premium rooms, food and the fantastic service you received. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a quick trip to San Antonio to attend a business function. From the moment I entered the hotel it was a positive experience. The valet was prompt and courteous in helping with my bag and handling my car. My encounter with Manager Thomas Blanchard was welcoming and made me feel special. Thomas ensured that everything with my reservation and my stay at the Westin was positive - which it was. Thomas quickly found out the location of my business dinner for me and called my room in under 10 minutes with the information. When I entered my room I immediately fell in love with it. The bathroom was to die for. It was not your run-of-the-mill bathroom for a hotel. It was like a spa. The bedroom was truly inviting and as I found out, very comfortable. I had a great view overlooking the river and relaxed in a chair on the balcony enjoying the unseasonable cooler weather. My only negative was that I was not able to extend my stay for another night which I really wanted to do. I definitely plan on returning to San Antonio with my family next time and will choose the Westin Riverwalk again.

Room Tip: If you like to relax in your room, spend a little more money and get a room that overlooks the river...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barbara B

Thank you Barbara, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for also pointing out the various positive aspects of the hotel from the rooms to the service. I am also happy that Thomas Blanchard exemplified excellent service and he made your stay even better. I apologize that you were not able to extend your stay. We get reservations many months in advance and sometimes we cannot accommodate room extensions especially when it affects incoming guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The heavenly beds cover over a multitude sins, so I will always enjoy my stay at a Westin! This hotel, though, fell a bit short of awesome because of our experience at the spa and pool. If you don't care about either of those amenities, its all good! The pool is teeny tiny. We tried going down twice, and if there are 10-12 people already there, you can hang it up. One side of the pool has these big fountain shooters spraying water, so it limits the amount of space inside the already small pool. My massage was at the Woodhouse day spa inside the Westin. The prices were reflective of hotel spa costliness, but the quality was not correlative! The spa is tiny, with no lounging area for before or after. They don't give you robes or offer use of any saunas or whirlpools. I think my massage room was converted from what used to be a suite, as there were two glass French doors beside the table that would've opened up to the pool. Although there were drapes, the room was filled with sunlight and I could hear the whoops and hollers from the pool revelers the whole time. The actual massage was almost comical. I felt like I was in a bad movie. It was just odd. I actually began to wonder if they had asked one of the cleaning ladies to substitute for my masseuse when I saw her tennis shoes through the face cradle. I wouldn't revisit the spa again, for sure. Hotel all in all was nice, just not what I was hoping for!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank wineyes

Thank you Wineyes, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out the positive aspect of our hotel such as our "Heavenly Bed". We apologize for the inconveniences you received when you visited our in-house spa. Management takes your concerns very seriously and we have taking the appropriate steps to rectify this. Thank you for staying with us and we hope this experience does not deter you from being our guests.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I worked with their Night Manager, Heidi Gross, in setting up my reservation. Going on 12 years I have been a Preferred Planner/Platinum member for Starwood. I have worked with properties all over the world, from as faraway as Bali, Portugal, Vietnam, Germany, New Zealand, Thailand, Australia, etc. Please take it to heart when I tell you, Heidi stand's out and this property stands out, from among the properties that I've worked with, to being so accommodating, with both the precision to details to enhance the customer experience as well as the most thoughtful and creative. Heidi, if you read this, you have more than impressed me, with your take charge attitude and leadership in orchestrating such an incredible experience for our two young Air Force intelligence officers celebrating promotions with the Air Force. Your attention to details is quite impressive, as is your organization in keeping everything so proficient.

You and THE WESTIN RIVERWALK, working in tandem with Tanya, (my Starwood Travel Ambassador) have clearly created an outstanding experience that we will never forget.
And please thank Marisol for the creative origami with the towels :-) what a perfect patriotic touch!
Some notes on this stay:
· Upgraded to a luxury suites from a booked Corner Suite!
· Fresh strawberries/Moscata as a welcome amenity in the room!
· Marisol from Housekeeping created a washcloth animal to go into the room with the American Flag!
· Late check out granted!

I am humbled with your properties hospitality and I am eternally grateful.

Room Tip: Luxury suite or corner suite over looking the River
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Baba M

Thank you BabaDas, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel from the amazing property to the fantastic service you received from Heidi. We are exceptionally happy that Heidi, Marisol and all our amazing associates were able to make your stay an outstanding experience. Heidi extends her warmest regards and is very grateful for the accolades you gave her. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Actually stayed in February, and just never got around to a review. Great location, beautiful hotel, wonderful room. We had a lovely balcony over-looking the river. Very convenient to everything. We stayed at 3 hotels in Texas, and this was by far our favorite.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank roxanne207

Thank you Roxanne, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. No review is late. Thank you for pointing out all the positive aspects of the hotel from the location to the room. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel but I don't quite understand all the raves about service. Stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend. We had a good rate that included parking and internet. The staff were all fine but no more service oriented than at any other hotel chain in this category. It's a service business.The first night we noticed a leak in the bathroom which seemed to cause the carpet in a small area outside the bathroom to be wet. Before going out for the day we called simply to notify them---it wasn't a big deal. When we got back around 3 we noticed room hadn't been serviced and panels from the ceiling were on the floor. There was a message to call the front desk who informed us they would have to move us. We called, they said they would call right back with new room #. We repacked then waited at least 30 minutes. When they didn't call we called back and the young woman seemed a bit flustered and they put us in 1015, a corner suite. Much nicer than 909 but I feel it took too long to provide us with new room #. Hotel wasn't too busy that day. 909 and 1015 were both riverside but too high to see the river very well, and 909 had no chairs on the balcony. 909 clean and pleasant but forgettable. 1015 more nicely decorated. Go for the corner suites if you can and ask for a lower floor. Lots of hotels on the riverwalk so if we were to return we would probably try one of the others.

Room Tip: Riverside balcony on a lower floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Westshore
executiveoffice1667, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Greetings Guest,

It is sad to hear that you feel your experience at our hotel was anything but stellar. We did not intend to make you feel uncomfortable. Regarding our maintenance, we try to coordinate repairs around our guests schedules. But when we could not do so I'm happy to find out that you were presented another room. Rest assured, your comments are valuable to us and they will be shared with our management team.

We hope that you are able to give us another chance to shine on your next visit!