“Great Service on the Riverwalk”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #8 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
moonhope
“Great Service on the Riverwalk”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Best attitude among hotel service employees I have seen in awhile...helpful and committed. The hotel is right on the Riverwalk and exactly what you would expect from a Westin. Clean, trendy decor, coffee shop, nice restaurant, spa, super location, really nice work out room and a beautiful lighted pool area overlooking the Riverwalk. Parking is $15/day across the street if you self park or $30 if you valet. Easy walk to all the restaurants in the area...along the river. Wifi in the rooms was available even though I did not use it (had a Mifi). Small minibar, lockbox, robe, marble bathrooms, Wall Street journal and USA Today both available in the lobby. Meeting rooms were perfect and the food and snacks were top notch. One tip-rooms on the Riverwalk side may be a bit quieter without city traffic noises. Enjoyable stay overall.

Room Tip: Rooms on Riverwalk side may be quieter...not sure in busy tourist season, but certainly when we stay...
1 Thank moonhope

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,164)
  • Arabic first
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 15, 2012

It's perfectly located right on the Riverwalk and in terms of its location in the heart of San Antonio. The bed was really heavenly - maybe new mattresses. A little more space in the room would always be nice.

We used the gym two days and it's a fairly nice set up. Clean and brightly lit with plenty of equipment.

Room Tip: Try to get the river walk side for a good view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Absolutely delicious! Chef Jeff prepared an amazing lunch. I had a salmon entreé and it was perfectly prepared. The atmosphere was beautiful and the servers were very attentive. I can't wait to return!

2 Thank fostertx
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just had the most wonderful lunch at Zocco's in the Westin Riverwalk. The calamari (with tempura style asparagus) was wonderful - but the dipping sauce was what REALLY made it! I don't know what was in it - but it was delicious. Had the salmon which was great as well and the Tiramisu was divine!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Florence M
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel only to learn they didn't have my reservations even though I was sent a confirmation. I provided the front desk with a copy of my confirmation and I was told the manager "fixed" the issue. Then we were put in a city view room even though I paid for a river view room. I called the front desk and we were moved. The new room did not have a hair dryer like each room is supposed to have so one had to be brought to us. After all of this over an hour had been wasted. Then I wake up the next morning to learn the bill they left us was overcharged close to $100. When I went to the front desk to address this there was no apology and I was treated as if I was a burden. I don't even think the front desk attendant said two words to me while she fixed the invoice. I get mistakes happen, but this was ridiculous. The confirmation I provided them had all the correct information on it which they clearly didn't review. Never once did I see a manager. Very poor customer service. We ended up leaving earlier than planned due to all their errors. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Kms0111
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had the occasion recently to stay at the Westin Riverwalk. I got a call from their security today that I had left an item in the room. Ruby was wonderful enough to find it in our room and turn it in to security. The item is on it's way back to me! Many thanks for a wonderful stay and a diligent staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Nancy R
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was providing police escort for a college football team with three busses. We were met immediately by Byant and he made everything flow smoothly. Realizing we had two police vehicles, he worked with us on our specal parking needs. He was both friendly and professional.

4 Thank Joey A