“bachelorette party”

Ranked #6 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio
“bachelorette party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was there on the night of 3/17. I brought my sister and her friends for my sisters bachelorette party. I contacted Jami Champagne before we arrived and explained the situation. When we arrved in the room there was chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne. My sister was so excited about the surprise and felt that she was really cared about at this hotel. The rest of the staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. Jami is amazing and I wanted to receognize her and say that we had an amazing time there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I was in San Antonio from the 13th-17th and my first impression of the hotel was wow, its really nice. Checked in, went upstairs to room #1038 and was happy with the appearance. I chilled in the room for a bit then I heard the first problem, the toilet was leaking and I was annoyed, but it wasn't a big deal, it was more of an irritating noise than a problem. The next day I woke up hearing a drip from the ceiling, I went to the restroom and stepped in a huge puddle of water. The ceiling had been leaking all night and drenched the entry way to the bathroom,(carpet and tile.) I went to the front desk. She said that she would turn it in to the maintenance person. At the same time I asked for a transfer and was denied, she said they were booked 100%. I said ok I want the problem fixed. I left and came back around noon. I checked my room, they had fixed the leak but the carpet was just patted down and was still very wet. I was furious! I was paying $220.00 dollars a night and I had to deal with this kind of problem at a highly rated hotel. I headed downstairs to the front desk and talked to a girl at the counter. I told her that they fixed the problem, but the carpet was still soaked( I didn't know whether that water was clean or dirty, and I didn't want to put on shoes just to use the rest room. B/S!) So I asked for a transfer and they moved me to room #624. #624 was better and but there was a noise that sounded like a fan that was on all day and all night that was in the ceiling. I was done complaining....I just dealt with it. Other than that, the Riverwalk side of the property was really nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sam P
JamiChampagne, Director of Rooms at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you Sam for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback about your experience at The Westin Riverwalk. I want to first apologize for the late reply. I apologize also for the condition your room was in during your stay. We have upgraded all our rooms and services since your stay.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope your experience does not deter you from staying with us again.

Jami Champagne.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

Let me begin by saying that I am a Westin customer. As often as I can, I try and stay at Westin properties. Their beds, bath amenities, level of service are always premium. The Westin Riverwalk was no different, on most points. The bellmen, the gentlemen who helped us with our car, and especially Joe Fonseca were top quality.
Our stay was during spring break, and unfortunately, the front desk help seemed a bit preoccupied, especially upon checkout.
We stayed in a corner suite, and the bathroom with its separate tub and shower were heavenly. The tub is long enough to stretch out in and almost become completely submerged.
Now, the only downside. We were only at the hotel one night, and coming in late from a Spurs game, we hurriedly climbed in to bed. Well, you can imagine my disdain the next morning when I noticed that on the inside of the comforter (facing the sleeper), there appeared to be blood stains on the white comforter. I could not tell if the stains were faded from washing or were recent. We were in a hurry to leave to our next destination or I would have complained more. It was disgusting. I mentioned this to the staff person who checked us out. She seemed to have an "I could care less" attitude. This was disappointing, and as I mentioned, this is the first time I have encountered a problem like this in a Westin property.

Room Tip: Check the linen before you go to bed!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mehh
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at the Westin river walk at San Antonio
It was definitely overpriced for its value
House keeping did not ce for 48 hrs inspire of us reminding the reception desk
Also our refrigerator was not working, hence we had to keep our medicines at the reception

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you Gj for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback during your stay at The Westin Riverwalk. I apologize for the late reply to your review. We apologize for the state your room was in. We pride ourselves in having all our amenities functioning.

Thank you for staying with us.

Jami Champagne.
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

My family's recent trip to San Antonio was highlighted by our stay at the Westin Riverwalk.

San Antonio is not much of a city, older but still has its charms especially around the Riverwalk which lead me into the Westin.

So the positive things about the Westin are:
1) location
so central to the alamo, rivercenter mall, la vallita and of course it's right on the Riverwalk and only 20 min. from the airport or 10 min. from the alamo dome

2) clean hotel and friendly staff, nice restaurant facilities and decent breakfast buffet, la marienda is a nice special touch where they have an afternoon drinks and snacks for guests

An average part of the hotel:

1) you cannot access the fridge: if you have kids or have takeout you want to bring home to refrigerate, you have to pay for this service. only in the U.S. does it happen and it feels like they are nickel and diming guests.

Overall i am a big fan of the Westin so enjoy your next stay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I scheduled a conference and from the original call to the time we wrapped up the conference the service was phenomenal. The rooms, food, even maid and bell porter service was awesome. Anyone going to San Antonio for a conference or for vacation won't be disappointed. I will say this has been my consistent experience with Westin hotels and resorts. I have scheduled conferences at La Cantera in San Antonio and in Virginia Beach and had positive experiences. The Riverside Westin is very well managed.

• Stayed March 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

An amazing front desk manager named "Joyce" went way out of her way to make sure our check-in process was the best I have ever experienced. We were delayed, only slightly, yet she still insisted on speaking with my wife and I personally, bought a us a drink by the Riverwalk at Zocca's, and brought our keys to us when the room was ready. I travel around the country often and this is by far the best front desk service I have experienced. Joyce obviously takes her job very seriously and understands the importance of real customer service. She personally got our stay off to a great start by taking the initiative to recognize and eliminate a possible small inconvenience for a repeat customer. Thank you Joyce - Tom and Sharon (Baltimore)

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the river
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business