“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Staff!”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #12 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The Westin Riverwalk is an exceptional hotel! We originally booked the Crowne Plaza, and were disappointed with everything. We switched to the Westin and could not have had a better experience. The staff was excellent. Specifically, Destiny at check-in, Joe Fonsecca with customer service, and Raul T. with the Zocca Restaurant were all fantastic, helpful, courteous and extremely professional. They made our stay memorable. Our room was beautiful, clean, spacious and comfortable. We had a river view with a balcony and we just loved it! The room came with premium linens, delicious coffees, and very nice toiletries. The hotel was located on the actual riverwalk with easy, safe, elegant access to the riverwalk. It was truly one of the best hotel experiences my family and I have had! I definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Definitely request a river view room with a balcony. It is beautiful!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,177)

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have a gluten intolerance and I found Zocca (the restaurant located inside of the Westin Riverwalk) through a celiac website. I am SO glad my husband and I ate there! The sous chef, Michael Ruiz, came to my table and asked me about my gluten intolerance and assured me that the items listed on the gluten free menu were definitely free of any gluten. They brought out gluten free bread instead of regular before the meal, and we were even treated to a gluten free dessert! I had the gluten free linguini and it was absolutely delicious! My husband ordered the normal pizza and said it was the best thinner crusted pizza he ever had!

I highly recommend Zocca to anyone! And just because of how well we were treated there, we plan on staying at the Westin next time we visit San Antonio!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Westin 10/14-10/16. It was an awesome experience. The hotel itself is very nice. The location is outstanding, not near the bustling area of the riverwalk. We have a one yr old so it was perfect to walk leisurely and just take in the sights as it was our first visit. The service was outstanding, everyone very accomodating. They were able to squeeze us in an extra night on short notice even though they were jammed and even upgraded us to a river view! From the front desk to the restaurant, everyone was friendly. The food was good, a little pricey but quality. We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: If you are able to only reserve one room because they are filled, call early in the morning between...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This was by far one of the most incredible stays I have had at a hotel whether for business or pleasure. The staff at this hotel is exemplary to say the least. It was my first time in San Antonio and the Riverwalk and if I return, the Westin Riverwalk is where I stay, without a doubt. The staff that most stood out was:

Flor Nowak
Roland Delgado
Veronica Hernandez
Arturo Santa Cruz
Janie Clarkson
Patti Billings
Julio Cisneros

Thanks to all the staff

Room Tip: The room from the street view were so nice. Gave me an impressive view of downtown San Antonio.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

It's a hotel room. I appreciate that it is smoke free. It should be. I asked to be upgraded to a riverfront room and was told it would cost me $60? Forget it, I was here on business and would not be looking outside that much. The room didn't have a frig or micro wave. What's up with that. Even the Holiday Inn Express provides that! I think I'd prefer to stay next door at La Contessa. Its definitely a step up.

• Stayed: October 2011
JamiChampagne, Director of Rooms at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Liv2dyv, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed the smoke free environment at The Westin Riverwalk. Please accept my apologies if we were not able to provide you with a refridgerator or microwave during your visit. We do provide both of these items to our guests on a request basis. I do hope that you will be willing to stay with us in the future so that we can deliver an exceptional guest experience to you as well as the upgrad to the river view.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Spent 5 nights, October 9 thru the 13th. We were there strictly as tourists, wanted to see as much as possible of San Antonio. Had a lovely room overlooking the Riverwalk. Room and daily maid service was excellent. The concierge was extremely helpful. The entire staff was courteous and at times went out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Westin hotels are always an exceptional traveling experience and the San Antonio Riverwalk exemplifies Westin's goal of exceeding the hotel experience. I want to personally point out Emiliano Benitez for his quick attention to my requests and providing beyond that. The entire banquet facility staff is professional, make it happen and friendly people. I highly recommend any company to host their functions here beside the beautiful San Antonio Riverwalk at the Westin.

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear tsin1, It was a delight to read your review and I am so pleased that Emiliano and the Banquets team took exceptional care of you during your event. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we look forward to hosting future events for you at The Westin Riverwalk!