“Wonderful Mother/Daughter Trip”

Ranked #8 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston
“Wonderful Mother/Daughter Trip”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I took my daughter to the Westin Riverwalk to celebrate her 9th birthday. When we were checking in, I told the desk clerk about my daughter's birthday and she wished her a happy birthday and upgraded our room. Our room was on the 4th floor, river side, and right next to the pool. We loved the location! The hotel is not where all of the action is, but that was just fine with me since I was with my 9 year old. It is a very short walk to the busy part of the riverwalk. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and sits on the prettiest part of the riverwalk.

The first day, we stayed busy exploring the area all day and then returned to our room to change for a swim. The pool was not crowded at all, but it was a Monday night and I would expect that the weekends would be worse. The pool is small for the size of the hotel, but it is very pretty and relaxing.

When we returned to our room from our swim, their were cookies and milk waiting for us on a piece of slate with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate for my daughter!! This was unexpected and so very appreciated by my daughter. At this point, she claims this is the best hotel in the world!!

Valet was quick. We called for our car the second day to drive to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. We used room service after our day at six flags and here is a tip....The room service prices are very high, so I ordered two meals off of the Children's Menu ($8.50 each and they come with a drink). When our food arrived, both children's meals were adult size portions. My daughter got the salmon which she loved and I got the chicken tenders which were also very good. I was so pleased at the portion sizes and the money I saved!

The only negatives that I could find during our stay is the price of valet, it is $30/night; and the walls of the rooms are extremely thin. We could hear our neighbors' TV, hair dryer, toilet flushing, etc.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay great and memorable.

1 Thank Chloemaddie
JamiChampagne, Director of Rooms at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Dear Chloemaddie, It was such a pleasure to read your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experience. As a fellow mom, it brought me joy to think about your daughter having such a great birhtday experience. I am so pleased that our team was able to help in creating the wonderful memories that you will both have of San Antonio and The Westin Riverwalk. Please come back to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,164)
  • Arabic first
Dallas
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The staff and hotel were delightful! We had over 200 guests with the Westin and it was a 5 star weekend for us all! The catering and event staff worked hard to be sure everything went off without a hitch. It takes a village to do a great job and everyone did their part! We will be back!

1 Thank lsabin3482
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The whole property was amazing. The staff made us feel so welcome and our rooms fantastic. The restaurant was wonderful and our server (Angel) was very delightful. The patio lounge (bar) was a nice place to sit out and visit after our long days of exploring the City. Over all our experience was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank hockeygirl1959
JamiChampagne, Director of Rooms at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear hockeygirl1959, I was delighted that your girls trip to The Westin Riverwalk was such a success. It sounds like you were able to explore the Riverwalk and then relax and enjoy Zocca's on the river level. I will personally thank Angel for making you feel so welcome and I know he will be thrilled that he had such a positive impact on your experience. We hope that The Westin Riverwalk will continue to be your "girls getaway" of choice.
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed June 21, 2011

From the moment we arrived to the second we left the service and accomodations were 5 Star! Eight women, full house, and this staff made us feel like we were the only guests around. We touched all areas of the hotel from reservations, bag checks, front desk, room service, restaurant, bar service on the patio, business center, gift shop, pool, concierge, etc. Without fail, the service was spot on, the food, and overall quality of the property was terrific. Big “thank you” to Chris (bellman) and Angel (restaurant). Chris went above and beyond to make sure our suite was set up properly and Angel made us feel like we were family he couldn't wait to see. I can tell you without a doubt that I'll be staying at the Westin whenever I visit San Antonio.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lldemet
Dear IIdemet, Thank you so much for sharing about your Girl's Weekend experience. Our goal is for every guest to have an exceptional and memorable visit and I was so pleased to read that service throughout the hotel was exceptional. I will recognize Chris and Angel for their efforts to make you feel welcome and to attend to every need. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The best thing about this hotel is the staff! They were very kind and helpful! They made our trip so special!

Room Tip: Be nice!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank taboucher
Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here very much. The staff is very helpful & polite. I needed to extend my stay by one day and Rachel (at the front desk) was able to accomodate us and even keep us in the same room. The hotel is a short walk on the Riverwalk from all of the attractions and just far enough away to give you a calm & quiet feeling after running around all day.
The beds are comfortable, the bathroom, shower is big and the room was spacious and clean.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a Balcony Room, which was nice.
1 Thank PetePees
Dear PetePees, We are all delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Westin Riverwalk. I am so glad to hear that Rachel at the Front Desk was able to assist you in extending your reservation, we are always happy when you can spend even more time with us! Please come back again soon!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I recently held a program review meeting at the Westin. Total group size was ~30 people. The facilities were very nice and the staff was very easy to work with. We had some unique requests in terms of food and timing and the hotel worked with us on both. They were both responsive and flexible. One thing that was a very nice touch was that they provided a cell phone so that we did not have to track people down when we had questions or needed something.

Hotel rooms were also nice and as you would expect at a Westin. Gym was a little cramped but the pool area was very nice (bar beside the pool was a great touch!). The hotel is one the river and close to the Alamo.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank BH001
Dear BH001, On behalf of the entire Westin Riverwalk team, thank you for hosting your meeting with us. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and that the staff was there to assist with any needs. We hope to be able to host future meetings for you and thank you for taking the time to provide us with very valuable feedback.