“Great Stay!!!!!”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #12 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 12, 2011

This hotel was awesome, just like the whole vacation in San Antonio! Well except the horrible experience at the Chart House restaurant at the top of the Tower of the Americas. Stay away from there.

The hotel staff was top notch and the location was perfect; close to the fun but not in the middle of it.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank CentennialTiger
Write a ReviewReviews (4,175)

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Every time I am in San Antonio for business, I stay at the Westin Riverwalk. The hotel is nice, comfortable, and accommodating. The employees are especially friendly and accommodating, especially Mr. Farrell Sledge. He treats me with respect and kindness every time I stay here. This hotel really makes you feel like a celebrity. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in San Antonio. The location is prime and easily accessible for the Riverwalk. The valet staff are also impeccable.

1  Thank aaw323
Reviewed May 10, 2011

While staying at the Westin last summer I chose to valet my vehicle to the parking garage across the street and put my trust in the staff the Westin had employed. Right as I was going to bed the hotel phone rang and it was the manager calling to inform me my car had been broken into. When I walked across the street I was expecting to see a smashed window but there was none, instead there was a dent on the exterior of the lock to make it look as if someone who did not have my keys had broken in. My $1000 touch screen/dvd player/radio, my ipod, and other smaller personal belongings of mine had been stolen. The reason I know for a fact it was the valet was because when I drove up at the end of the day to the Westin I got out of my car, left the keys still in the ignition, and let the valet get in to park it across the street. However, when I got my keys back it would not fit into the ignition because it had been bent (from when they used my own key to get into my car then dented the outside lock to make it seem as if someone else had tried to pop the lock on my car, which by the way was still in tact). The managing staff, although sympathetic, did not make an effort to investigate on their employees. I have never had a worse stay at any hotel in my life! Yes the hotel was beautiful, obviously it is the Westin, but if I cannot trust my personal property around staff who are employed by their company than in my opinion the hotel is worthless. Stay at your own risk just know there are thieves working there stealing property from the hotel guests AND getting away with it

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SMdirk67
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Stayed 3 nights and I would not want to stay anywhere else on the walk.
Perfect location. Service is unbelieveable. Staff is helpful and friendly -
Food was great! I am returning!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Great service from the bellhop - JR - we needed a taxi to the airport, he made sure one was called and texted me with the taxi number and driver, so we wouldn't waste time. plus, the driver then called my cell when he arrived. JR is great with service to make a business trip easy and pleasurable.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

We just returned from eight days at the Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio. We were there for two industry conferences. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was spacious and comfy. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Each time we left the property or returned, a door was held and we were politely greeted.

Food on site was lovely... both for banquets and in the restaurant. The lounge staff was very efficient and friendly. Be sure to set aside time on Friday afternoons for tea time. The cocktails were nice; the complimentary crudites, fruit, cheeses and treats were delish; and the music was entertaining.

The location was perfect! If you're going to San Antonio this is the place to stay. You're right in the midst of all that is happening... but not in the middle of the noisiest section of the Riverwalk.

The only negative I can mention... and this is very slight... is that the pool is small. On Saturday afternoon there was not one chair (lounge or regular) to be found. Weekdays, however, were not as crowded.

Our best experience at the hotel with with the concierge! Dominic Guerra is an ABSOLUTE DELIGHT! He was very helpful in assisting us in finding a good, local restaurant on Cinco de Mayo. He arranged for a reservation at the time we were hoping for and gave us very detailed directions to El Mirador in the lovely King Edward section of town. We couldn't have been happier. The restaurant was everything we were hoping for. More importantly, Dominic recognized us each time we encountered him. We felt so "at home"!

Great property. Everything we were hoping for!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Stayed here two nights. Arrived very late evening. Room had trash from prior occupant left behind, doors to veranda wide open. Room service very expensive (bowl of berries and coffee - 17.00 before tip) and bottled water in room 6.00. No napkin or silver ware provided with room service. WiFi is an added charge !!! Great location but really expected some attention to detail and reasonable cost of amenities for the price of the room.

1  Thank jafox
roomsdirector1167, Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Dear JAFox,

Thank you taking the time to post your review of your recent stay.

We strive to provide our guests options for staying connected and offer complimentary internet access in our lobby in addition to the guestroom internet.

I sincerely apologize that other aspects of your stay did not meet your guest expectations. Here at the Westin Riverwalk we strive to ensure each guest has a great experience. In those instances where we fall short of our guest's expectations, we take measures to correct the defects to ensure that remainder of the stay exceeds expectations.

We welcome the opportunity to address your cleanliness and room service concerns and invite you to contact the hotel directly to discuss. Please email riverwalk@westin.com and refer to me, danita harth in your message.

Thank you again!