Hilton Palacio del Rio
$132
Hotels.com
$161
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$153
$149
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$149
$239
$215
Travelocity
3,137 results
All reviewsconvention centerthe rivervalet parkingself parkroom servicelobby barper daytwo blocksvalet servicerivercenter malleasy accesspilarbalconyelevatorfloorriverwalkalamo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Loved everything about this property! Ideal location on the Riverwalk, we never had to take the car out once we parked. Easy walking for shopping and dining. Had a room on the 6th floor overlooking the RiverWalk. Comfy beds, mini-fridge and a very cold A/C, (which you need in TX)! We sat on our balcony in the evenings watching the river boat cruises down below. Had breakfast each morning downstairs in the hotel restaurant. Full buffet breakfast with cooked to order omelet station, along with a wide selection of cereals, pastries, and other hot items and an assortment of beverages. You can dine inside or outside and we chose outside along the river. Can't wait to return !

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, overlooking the river :)
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear JenJo-Trip:

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write such a great review! It is great to hear you enjoyed the balcony views and found time to also enjoy the River's Edge Patio Bar & Cafe! We cant wait for you to return too!!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Very nice & comfortable hotel. Great location. Right along the riverwalk. Would recommend staying on the 10th floor or lower so you can get a good view of the riverwalk and the people. Valet parking is quite expensive ($39) so be ready.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Chansamone D
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Hotel is undergoing renovation. My wife is a Hilton Diamond which meant absolutely nothing at this hotel as there are no amenities, or at least none offered, for Diamond members. The worst part of this hotel is its parking program, Parking is 2 blocks away and is $25.00 per night or you can valet it for $35.00 per night which we did. After waiting, along with most of the other guests, for 1.5 hours on Sunday at checkout for our car we asked for the keys to be given to us and we would go find it and were told no. Then went to the front desk where a manager removed the charge, got the key, walked the two blocks to the 8 story parking structure, rode the elevator up 6 floors which was as far as it went, then hiked two more floors on the car ramps (no stairs are available) to get our car. That walk was the best customer service we received.
All of the restaurants at night have the same core menu.
Air conditioning in the room was mediocre.

Room Tip: Cannot think of any
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear tfaris:

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your wife being a loyal Diamond Member! I am sorry your status level was not recognized at check-in and therefore we failed to communicate the various benefits available to you. We will review these opportunities with the front desk staff to better serve our loyal clientele.

Thank you also for your feedback about the parking garage. We will review our signage package to help direct guests to the stairs that are available.

We are happy to report the Lobby Bar renovation was completed yesterday.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and hope to have a second chance to regain your trust the next time you visit.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Excellent stay in SanAntonio, I loved it. Awesome location, warm hospitality of the staff members, good rooms with wi-fi, nice view of the river walk, different restaurants and coffee shops, helpful waiters (I was helped a lot by a waiter to choose my dish being a totally stranger among latin food). If I visit the place again, obviously I would like to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Over rated. I stayed on the 10th floor. Paid a premium for a river view. Instead I got to stare at some kind of ugly metal round building. The part of the river walk I did see I had to lean over my balcony and stare straight down to see anything decent. Room was tragically small and tight. Yes there are updated fixtures and such but the restroom wasn't great. I just have a problem stepping into a cheap tub and shower curtain in what was almost a $275 a night room. Tv was....cheap. there was dust EVERYWHERE. opened the curtain to the balcony and the light exposed a couple blankets of dust and what ever else. The hallways smelled damp, unclean. The pool is ridiculously small. Not a bad view of things from there but it was as small as I've ever seen. The "Jacuzzi" or hot tub is tiny. Big enough for one couple only. Definitely be haVing strangers feet all over you in that thing. The bars downstairs were ok if you weren't social or a people person. Definitely not hot spots. The lobby seating area isn't inviting as it's kinda tucked around a stair case. Not good space for even a family to sit. Yes the staff was polite and smiling and helpful. Theres nothing disgusting about this hotel. It's over all clean. From my personal opinion tho there's not enough charm or spirit to make me want to go back. And since I was told I wouldn't know what floor or room number I would get until check in I'd say most bookings are a gamble when you ask for a river view.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear More W -

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review.. Thank you for recognizing our team members as being polite and smiling.

We will share your comments with our housekeeping team to improve upon the dust you experienced in your room. We are also investigating different solutions for the jacuzzi that may be more appropriate for our situation.

We understand the seating arrangement in the lobby was not ideal during your stay. Now that our lobby bar update is completed, a more inviting and expansive area to gather is available and looks great!

Lastly, Hilton recently launched E-Check-in. This mobile service allows guests to preselect their room which will help eliminate the guess work.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you will give us a second chance the next time you visit.