“Awesome”

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #14 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Excellent stay in SanAntonio, I loved it. Awesome location, warm hospitality of the staff members, good rooms with wi-fi, nice view of the river walk, different restaurants and coffee shops, helpful waiters (I was helped a lot by a waiter to choose my dish being a totally stranger among latin food). If I visit the place again, obviously I would like to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,092)

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Over rated. I stayed on the 10th floor. Paid a premium for a river view. Instead I got to stare at some kind of ugly metal round building. The part of the river walk I did see I had to lean over my balcony and stare straight down to see anything decent. Room was tragically small and tight. Yes there are updated fixtures and such but the restroom wasn't great. I just have a problem stepping into a cheap tub and shower curtain in what was almost a $275 a night room. Tv was....cheap. there was dust EVERYWHERE. opened the curtain to the balcony and the light exposed a couple blankets of dust and what ever else. The hallways smelled damp, unclean. The pool is ridiculously small. Not a bad view of things from there but it was as small as I've ever seen. The "Jacuzzi" or hot tub is tiny. Big enough for one couple only. Definitely be haVing strangers feet all over you in that thing. The bars downstairs were ok if you weren't social or a people person. Definitely not hot spots. The lobby seating area isn't inviting as it's kinda tucked around a stair case. Not good space for even a family to sit. Yes the staff was polite and smiling and helpful. Theres nothing disgusting about this hotel. It's over all clean. From my personal opinion tho there's not enough charm or spirit to make me want to go back. And since I was told I wouldn't know what floor or room number I would get until check in I'd say most bookings are a gamble when you ask for a river view.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear More W -

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review.. Thank you for recognizing our team members as being polite and smiling.

We will share your comments with our housekeeping team to improve upon the dust you experienced in your room. We are also investigating different solutions for the jacuzzi that may be more appropriate for our situation.

We understand the seating arrangement in the lobby was not ideal during your stay. Now that our lobby bar update is completed, a more inviting and expansive area to gather is available and looks great!

Lastly, Hilton recently launched E-Check-in. This mobile service allows guests to preselect their room which will help eliminate the guess work.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you will give us a second chance the next time you visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Very average for the $$. They definitely take advantage of their river location. The check in took quite some time ans parking is a very expensive addition to the price of the room. The room was quite noisy from hall noise also.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo

Dear Mike W -

We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Thank you for your feedback about our parking. We will share your comments with the management team as we evaluate future pricing I am sorry the current parking rates were not easily viewable from our website and confirmations.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

The location was impeccable! We ended up on the 17th floor with a balcony, but it faced the road. Spend a little extra for the river view. Even on the 17th floor, the road noise was very loud. Room was clean and very spacious. You're within walking distance to everything.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Fantastic facility and staff with easy access to the river front via hotel elevator. Rooms and lobby were very comfortable and extremely clean. I would recommend this Hilton to anyone. The touch screen elevator system in the lobby and on every floor is awesome!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I walked in, explained the purpose of my business trip. The desk employee was quick and efficient. I had keys to my room within 2 minutes of arrival. My room was clean and neat. I had a great view of the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Palacio Del Rio for a last minute getaway. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were checked in/out by a front desk representative named Phillip. He was very accommodating and friendly. We had a blast at the hotel's pub, Durty Nelly's. Our waitress was great, and made great drink recommendations. Our room was very nice, and appeared to be newly remodeled. We definitely recommend the Hilton Palacio Del Rio for a romantic getaway. Thank you for making this last minute trip a great experience.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple