“Business on the River”

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #13 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 27, 2014

In town for an overnight business trip. Perfect location. Easy walk to work and easier walk to the river. Vice nice property update in progress. Rooms were very well appointed. TV is HD, but a little dated. Lots of room to spread out. Good desk and plenty of outlets for charging devices. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Palacio del Rio

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Location right along the main part of the famous San Antonio Riverwalk, near the Arneson theater area, is the best thing this hotel has going for it. However, that location often brings with it very loud noise late into the evening due to piped or live music along the Riverwalk venues. Very loud, pounding music/bass went on past 10pm on some nights. Parking was $30 per day extra on top of a room rate upwards of $200 per night (and that was a lowered convention special rate)! Also, no breakfast provided or even a café where breakfast could be easily accessed. One has to go down to the Riverwalk and find a restaurant, many of which do not provide breakfast. There is a McDonalds and a Whataburger within a fairly easy walk on the city side, but that's kind of disappointing as a choice when staying in this beautiful tourist area. Hilton rooms were nothing special and service was sporadic...often rooms were not serviced until late afternoon or early evening...totally unacceptable to me for this supposed "luxury " hotel. Even the toilet tissue in the rooms was of VERY low, thin quality. Even valet parking attendants and bell hops were overly intrusive for my tastes making one feel awkward when not choosing their services. Overall, it did not meet my expectations for a "luxury" hotel at this price and depends a bit too much on the location. Even WiFi is usually an extra charge. We would definitely choose to try another establishment before staying here again if we ever come back to the area.

Room Tip: You decide...River side gives a better view, but comes with a lot of noise from the Riverwalk restau...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Sonworshipper - Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review. I am sorry our restaurant signage did not guide you to our very own River's Edge Cafe + Patio Bar off the elevator landing. We serve a great breakfast buffet every morning, in addition to full lunch and dinner service. We will definitely look at more conspicuous placement to assist our guests. We will also share your comments with the housekeeping team to help us prioritize service requests. I apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope you will give us a second chance the next time you visit San Antonio.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Palacio while attending a conference. The conference center is across the street so it's really convenient. It's also nice to be able to walk back via the river walk. The hotel is nicely appointed and very clean. Beds are super comfy and staff are very helpful and friendly.
A room with a balcony overlooking the river walk is a bonus.
Lots of good restaurant choices near by.
Overall- this is not a "5" star hotel but it is in a good location, clean, well appointed and has a friendly staff. It's a great choice when in the San Antonio area.
BTW- I was also there during the Spurs playoffs. Man was it loud! But fun!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the river walk side.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is very nice, clean, and with easy access to the city. But most of all the people who run it makes your stay worthwhile, they really do go the extra mile to make sure you feel welcome. Mr. John Cardenas the senior manager has superb people skills. No bull. He is very kind and knows how to address any concerns you may have, as he did with mine. I was in San Antonio on business and internet access is a must have for me. I had no issues with getting a strong signal and getting all of my work done from my hotel room. Do I recommend the establishment? I do. A great place to stay. I'm going back next time around on vacation with my family to San Antonio. And I will book my room at the Hilton Palacio del Rio.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms on the river side are nice, but more expensive. If you're on a budget, you still won...
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband had a convention to attend and we are so happy that we stayed at this Hilton. From the moment we arrived, we were treated so well ! Being Diamond members didn't hurt, as we got our room immediately at 11 am. We also received complimentary breakfast each morning. What a great buffet and the staff, again was so friendly and helpful ! The chef made us an omelet and the buffet had everthing you could want for breakfast.
Rosie, our room attendant , is prize and also helped to make our stay special !
There was plenty to see and enjoy within walking distance
Next time we are in San Antonio, we will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the riverfront.
1  Thank mayrealtor
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel since my honeymoon in 1984. They always do what is necessary to accommodate their guest. I had a great stay with my son and they were engaging and excited as we celebrated an accomplishment of his. I recommend this property on the River, and it is worth the upgrade to get a river view balcony.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I was in town for a conference and stayed 3 nights with a river view room. Check in was easy and the front desk and valet staff were very professional and courteous. The room is nice, clean, and up to date. The elevator controls are different but easy to use. The self parking is a block away in a garage, so definitely drop your bags at the front door when checking in. I enjoyed my stay and recommend the hotel for business or pleasure.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business