“Great option on riverwalk. ”

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #12 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Montana
“Great option on riverwalk. ”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

This is our second stay here. We were not used to the new elevators but after a few runs we got the hang of it. The staff was very helpful and friendly as usual. Great location!! We spent most of our two days seeing as many sites as we could, but when it was time to wind down, we were very comfortable. We will definitely stay here again. My advice is get the king bed!!

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (660)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I spend three days at this hotel with friends. I had a wonderful time. It is well located right on the riverwalk, within walking distance from the main restaurants. The Alamo is also close by. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast is not included, but very good.

Room Tip: The rooms with a riverwalk view are the best. They are more expensive but I recommend paying the dif...
Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
NewYork
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had a conference which was taking place at the Hilton Palacio del Rio so my wife and I spent four nights there. The hotel is modern and is very technologically savvy. The rooms are a nice size, spotlessly clean and well furnished. There is an extremely nice work area in the room with all of the computer connections you could ask for. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Their restaurant is right on the River Walk which is really very nice. The food is very good, but high priced (as hotel restaurants usually are). The hotel is very well situated and near the major attractions -- on the River Walk and three blocks from the Alamo. My only complaint is that the temperature in the room was very hard to control and the water was warm but not hot. This probably could have been adjusted if I complained about it, but I did not. If you are not looking for a boutique hotel or bed and breakfast, you won't go wrong with this Hotel

Room Tip: If you want the view, and you do not mind paying for it, ask for a room with a view of the River Wal...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The room was spacious and updated. It had a balcony with a couple of chairs and a table which was great for sitting out with a drink. The hotel is not large but is located in a great spot right on the Riverwalk, two blocks from the Alamo and right beside La Villata . The staff is very friendly. Will definitely stay there when I return to San Antonio.

• Stayed April 2014
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in May 2013 for a week of conference and found the location to be well suited for both business and relaxation. Located at the Riverwalk which provides easy access to most restaurants, shopping areas and night life attractions. Close enough to walk over to the world renowned original site of The Alamo and other historical buildings in the immediate vicinity. All staff members were very competent and as Hilton members we were provided free newspapers, WiFi and breakfast during our stay. The rooms are well maintained to Hilton standard and the balcony has a wonderful view of the city and the Riverwalk. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request high floor room with balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I were recent guests at the Hilton Palacio del Rio in San Antonio, TX. Having forgotten to return our rental car keys, we were facing a $50plus taxi ride to the agency to return the keys. I asked the front desk receptionist, Ashley, if she was a "problem solver" and she answered in the affirmative. Five minutes later, she had contacted the agency and made arrangements for the keys to be returned without any inconvenience to us. Furthermore, on first checking into our room, it did not meet the specifications that we would have liked (scenic view), and she PERSONALLY checked us into our new room which, to say the least, was a vast improvement. She also acted as our "personal concierge" and never missed on a restaurant recommendation or accommodation that we requested. In short, we have traveled extensively, but have not found someone of Ashley's enthusiasm level and desire for accommodating her guests. Without hesitation, I would eagerly hire someone of her character and public relations acumen for any business in which I was involved. She is truly a valuable (and valued) employee of your hotel and should be rewarded as such for her excellent public relations and marketing talent.

Room Tip: Ask for Ashley at the front desk!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2014

When I arrived to the hotel, a nice young man, Joseph B. greeted us with a smile and a very friendly welcome. He was very knowledgeable of downtown and had very good/excellent recommendations. After unloading and settling in, I realized I left something in my vehicle and when I asked Joseph what I can do, he did not hesitate to say "don't worry, I will run over the garage and get what you need and bring to you at the restaurant. just let me know where you are going." to no surprise, Joseph showed up about 10 minutes later with a smile. WOW, I was over impressed with is level of service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business