“Good experience and would return” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Palacio del Rio

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #14 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Boise, Idaho
“Good experience and would return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here early January with my wife while attending a conference. The location right on the Riverwalk was excellent with everything within an easy walk. We did not have a car, partly due to the reviews on the cost of parking and didn't need one. The room was very good, we were on the 14th floor overlooking the river and while there was a bit of traffic noise it was not an issue. The bed was the normal good Hilton standard, and the layout was very good. The whole hotel was very nicely decorated which gave it a nice atmosphere which my wife enjoyed. The breakfast was very good, but I didn't have to pay as the HH gold status provided it for free. I don't think it was worth $20 per person that the charge would have been. We sat down by the sports bar a few nights and the service from Sheila was excellent. Unfortunately couldn't say the same about other places on Riverwalk, and other folks attending my conference had similar experiences. Strange in Texas.
Overall we enjoyed the hotel and would return if going back to San Antonio.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I were staying at this gorgeous hotel over the Christmas holiday on a cross country trip from Florida to Arizona. In our haste in packing we forgot something in the room safe and were in New Mexico before we realized it. We called the hotel and got Mr. Bert Sandoval in security on the phone. He went right to the room and miraculously our item was still there. He was reassuring and courteous on the phone and mailed our item to us at our new address in Phoenix. We would like to thank Bert publicly for his going "above and beyond the call" to take care of the situation. He is truly a kind and honest man and deserves commendation for it. Thank you again Bert.......Gratefully.....Joanne and Mike LoBello

Room Tip: Any room is great, but to enjoy the full beauty of this place.....river side is the best!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed for Bus - located right on River Walk. Staff was great - friendly and professional. Easy to get around to see shops, restaurants, Alamo - from this location. Breakfast buffet was very good (great omelets to order), also Sports Bar on river was nice. Room clean and comfortable. Just costly...(guess that's to be exepcted due to location)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

New York City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights for a business meeting being held on the property. The rooms are comfortable, newly refurbished with dark woods and a beautiful bathroom and even better view. The unique bathroom door is very modern but its design starts to get annoying when needing to go between the closet/safe or bathroom - you can't have both. Bed was very comfortable although a very thick duvet for such warm weather. I was in an adjoining room and could see the light from my neighbors room under the door as the doors do not go to the floor. This was especially terrible when the couple next door decided to be intimate multiple times per night at all hours for two nights straight. Luckily it was very (very) short lived but obnoxiously loud. The last night my neighbor must have slept with the TV on all night. For the meeting, the food was just ok especially when having the same thing for 3 days in a row. There is a nice breakfast buffet but I did not go there. The chocolate chip cookies are incredible and addicting - I ate far too many of them which disappointed me greatly how delicious they were. The bathroom glasses in my room were used and merely wiped out with a dirty rag as the streakmarks on them seemed to indicate. As the property is on the RiverWalk, the per room cost is commensurate but you can walk to all the best restaurants on the river.

Room Tip: Do not get an adjoining room.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear NYCTravelMan - Thank youf or staying with us during your recent conference. We very much appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear you enjoyed our recent renovations and perhaps a few extra cookies! I am sorry you were disturbed by your neighbors and we are looking into a solution for the door sweep/threshold to help. We have also shared your comments with the housekeeping staff to improve in this area.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you back again some time in the future.
Port Lavaca, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I love this hotel! My husband and I spent a honeymoon weekend here in 2012 and in February 2014 he brought me back for a weekend getaway. They had remodeled since our first visit and it is absolutely beautiful. The staff is very friendly and helpful and location of hotel is great.
The bed is so soft and comfortable and room is fantastic. The only complaint I have it shower head didn't adjust to a shorter person such as myself- it sprayed over my head.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side of hotel with riverwalk view are a little noisier at night because of Durty...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz T
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Shelia provided extra service above and beyond always with a smile and outstanding enthusiasm Rating her one of the best. Great atmosphere, weather was great and Shelia helped so much in a pleasant visit.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear verlyn r - Thank you for visiting Tex's Riverwalk Sports Bar and taking the time to recognize Sheila! We will definitely share your comments with the entire team! Thank you so much!
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

When I pulled into the hotel, unbeknownst to me I had a totally dead battery. Carlos took the time to shuttle me to not one, but two auto parts stores to help me get a replacement. Ll this on a Saturday night when I'm sure his time would have been much more profitable personally had he stayed and parked cars.

Carlos selflessness allowed my wife and I to continue our mini vacation on schedule Sunday morning

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sr4est - Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your experience! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your interaction with Carlos! We are greatful he was able to help out in a time of need! We will share your comments with the entire team!