“Great Location - Great Stay”

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #13 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for a Convention. Centrally located. Walking distance from everywhere we wanted see between meetings. Meeting rooms were great. Guest rooms were spacious and always kept clean. Plan on returning for a weekend getaway with wife.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Stingworm67 - Thank you for staying with us during your recent meeting and taking the time to tell us! We appreciate the positive comments and are excited you will be returning with your wife soon! We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My bed was so comfortable I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. The overall experience was very favorable. The restaurant offered a gluten free vegetarian menu to accommodate my dietary requirements. The artwork that decorates the hotel is museum quality. Bright and exciting! I was at the hotel for two nights to attend a wedding held at the hotel and all went smoothly!

Room Tip: We were on the 18th floor. Our floor and our room was quiet per our request. We had a balcony with a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rosalie1836
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is very nice and clean. The rooms are modern and gorgeous. This hotel is ideally located both on and off the Riverwalk as far as access to things. On the Riverwalk it is the center of everything. Off the Riverwalk it is walking distance to the Alamo, La Villita and the trendy King William area. The staff here was extremely responsive and every person was friendly and helpful. The service was phenomenal. The pool area could use a little facelift but everything else was so great it was hard to complain much since we didn't spend a lot of time there.

Room Tip: Fabulous place to stay for a Girls' trip.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed every minute that we stayed at your hotel. Everybody made our stay comfortable and amazing. Great breakfast! Location, Location, Location! The staff was very helpful on which restaurants to go to for dinner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 19johng41
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here over an extended Labor Day while attending a convention. The staff were always friendly and eager to help. I ate breakfast in the hotel every morning because the food was both wonderful and there were many choices.

The room had a beautiful balcony that I rarely used. I didn't need to search for a light switch because the entry light and the bathroom light was motion-activated. There was a small refrigerator available in the room for leftovers and purchased bottles of water. Whenever I thought "but they don't have..." I found it tucked away in the room. For example, I was ready to fault them for not having a hair dryer, but I found it tucked away in a bag in the bath.

I used the exercise room every morning. It's small but includes treadmills, elliptical machines, a bike, free weights and a weight machine. Staff makes certain that the room is kept clean and fresh.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Ideally situated by the Riverwalk. Good rom and a good view over the city from the 17th floor. Good breakfast, terrific margaritas sat out by the Riverwalk. Staff were very helpful with recommendations for restaurants and bars. Parking is across the road but valet is available.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at your facilities and enjoyed every minute of mine and my wife's stay. I wanted to tell you that a particular person in general, made our stay most comfortable and stress free evironment and overall an amazing stay. I do not know if he is a receptionist or concierge, but our stay was amazing due to his switch actions and witty intellect, he was able to accommodate my wife's needs to ensure she was quite satisfied. As I was on a business trip with my spouse I feel as if this young man went above and beyond to made sure any of our needs were met.

• Stayed: December 2012