“Great location & service”

Hilton Palacio del Rio
Ranked #13 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Kalispell, Montana
“Great location & service”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was in town for a convention at the conference center. del Rio is right across the street from the complex, but close to the River Walk and all its restaurants. An easy walk takes you to lots of kitschy shops, etc, but it's relatively quiet there. There's a parking garage close by and valet parking - I didn't need it (parking is hard to come by and expensive downtown!).
Staff were efficient and welcoming. The rooms are comfortable. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
Houston, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Management was not very accomodating when notifying them of marketing error on website regarding special offers that were included in my reservation. I had issues connecting to internet using my AT&T internet account. The valet personnel took too long to bring car. The manager and staff were very rude when checking in

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations and will contact you directly to identify how we can improve in the areas we fell short.
Sun City Center, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The rooms have been updated recently and were extremely comfortable. The heat was not turned on for the room and the thermostat malfunctioned. The staff accommodated us changing to a different room and they adjusted the bill without our asking. The entire staff was very friendly and they made our stay very special. Location on the Riverwalk was a real treat.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at this property a few times now and am very pleased with it. It sits right on the Riverwalk a short distance from some of the best restaurants and attractions. The area is fun especially during Fiesta. The rooms are up to date and clean, the windows well insulated from sound and the staff friendly and accommodating. Having now stayed at another nearby property with poorly insulated windows....I will gladly return to this Hilton property.

• Stayed April 2013
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very nice staff, very nice views of the Riverwalk area. ONly issue was the HVAC units are on motion sensors, so unless your in your room moving around the AC will shut off. Room service was fast (even late at night), Durty Nellies is a most see bar for first timers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Palacio del Rio in April 2013 while attending a convention. The hotel itself is conveniently located right across the street from the convention center on the San Antonio River. It is in easy walking distance to dozens of restaurants along Riverwalk (which is just beautiful) and downtown San Antonio. It is only a couple of blocks away from the Alamo and Rivercenter mall as well.

The hotel staff was as friendly as they could be and the lobby is beautiful (although the bellman told me that it was getting ready to be renovated (?)). The rooms themselves have been completely renovated and are gorgeous and comfortable. The beds are extremely comfortable with plenty of pillows. The bathroom is nicer than the one in my own home! There is a granite desk with plenty of outlets and an in-room coffeemaker with plenty of creamer (something that is normally lacking)! Every room has it's own balcony too. Mine faced the convention center and I had a great view of the Tower of the Americas and the Alamodome.

Although I didn't use the pool, I did go and check it out. It is located on the fifth floor. The pool itself is small, but there is a nice view of the river and downtown from the pool deck.

Now for the negatives. I am a pretty light sleeper, so I requested a room on the city side, as the river side can be noisy (especially during Fiesta) at night. My room on the city side was not exactly quiet. Though they did give me a room on a high floor, it was not well-insulated from the sounds of the city (buses, motorcycles, sirens, and many MANY trains). In the early morning hours of Saturday, I counted five trains going through, blowing the whistle. The tracks are fairly far away, but the sound was still loud. My colleague had a room on the river side and he said that he could hear people partying along the river until 3 a.m. I will admit, it was a weekend (and coincided with Fiesta), so it may not be that noisy all the time.

Breakfast at the hotel restaurant is good, but very expensive. The first morning, we had the buffet (I actually only had oatmeal, fruit and a muffin) and our bill (for two) was $43! There are plenty of other options nearby, including an Einstein Brothers Bagels and the Zuni Grill, which I will review also.

The hotel also charges $9.95 per day for internet access and it is not wireless.

Overall, did enjoy my stay. We will be staying at the Hilton again in June and I look forward to returning. I'll just be sure to bring my earplugs! :)

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor. I believe the river side may be quieter during the week.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Crescent City, California
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was our second stay at Hilton. Last year my wife and I traveled, this year we brought two other couples with us and they raved about the hotel, staff and service. John at the front desk was fantastic. Even when we were in town and needed a handicap accessible ride back to the hotel all we had to do was call John and he arrainged everything. He was great and his recommendations for food, drinks, and tours were right on. Our house keeper Sandra went out of her way to make sure we were cared for and taken care of. We will definately return. Thanks to all the staff for your help.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again and recommending us to your friends! We appreciate your positive comments and taking the time to recognize John and Sandra for a job well done! We will share your experience with the entire team. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!