“Good location”

Ranked #13 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Washington DC
“Good location”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was clean and modern. The room had a small balcony that overlooked a huge water tower and the river walk which I couldn't see from my 9th floor room. The Internet connection worked intermittently. The hotel is centrally located next to the convention center. I was glad I stayed here instead of the Grand Hyatt which is at the end of the Riverwalk on the other side of the convention center. Avoid the 5th floor on the Riverwalk side of the hotel as there is a private event courtyard that is right outside of the rooms. These 5th floor rooms have a balcony with a locked gate so it is prison-like. They don't allow you access to the courtyard and if there is an event out there, you'll have no privacy. They put me in one of these rooms first and I asked to be moved. They were accommodating with my relocation request. I'd stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Great location. No complaints. The staff was very busy for the parade but everything went smooth. Had reservations for the dinner on the river during the parade. Wait staff was very attentive and never got in the way for watching the parade.

petal, ms
Reviewed November 24, 2012

To start off...the GPS could not get us to the right spot as the streets it told us to turn down were all closed off...I managed to find it by pure luck....after driving slowly around and around. After pulling up to the front, the valet guy said we could self-park or pay a LARGE fee ($40) for valet parking. I was already confused enough on how to get there, so I said go ahead--just park it (I figured it would stay parked until we left the next day, anyway). The hotel is nice, expensive, and right on the riverwalk. Staying on the river side is $30 extra....not worth it since we were outside most of the time, anyway! Beds were VERY comfortable and would have been a better sleep if we had not heard street noise all night (and this was on the 15th floor.) I would say there are probably better hotels along the riverwalk, but this was okay for one night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank golfnutx2
BGSanAntonio, Director of Sales at Hilton Palacio del Rio, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comments and are working on better ways to comunicate street closures during special city events like the Holiday River Lighting Parade. I do apologize if the parking charges were not clear when you originally reserved your room. Your feedback is important us and we are also glad you found the beds to be VERY comfortable. Thank you again for your review.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Room was great, very hitech, it had slot for usb port to charge phone.
They did turn down service one night, and left chocolates.
View was fantastic, although with its location I think all rooms have one.
Parking is a little steep, especially for valet.

• Stayed November 2012
a60chevy
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are clean and modern. As other reviews state, noise from outside is fairly bothersome. Parking rates and location were no ideal, especially finding out we had to park above the 7th floor in s garage two blocks away and the elevators were out of service.
Staff is great though, and friendly. Dirty Nellys on the riverwalk I'd always a great time.

• Stayed November 2012
Mendham, New Jersey
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Needed to stay here for business and had no choice as this is where block had been booked. Just left East coast and Hurricane Sandy. American Airline lost luggage after demanding I check at gate and mislabeled it. Arrived in hotel to find incredibly receptive and understanding staff who provided me with everything from toothpaste to shaving cream, etc, etc. no in room Internet surprised by. But agent at front desk able to print out return boarding pass, Nathen, I believe, who also recommended one of the best dining experiences for a Vegan I have had in a very long time.
No breakfast though which was puzzling for a member of my level even though I saw a sign that said please join us for breakfast???

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stopped in for the breakfast brunch during the journalism convention held during November 16-18, 2012. I received the best service ever at the hands of server Antonio on Saturday morning. I was not a guest at the hotel--sadly!!! However, the extra effort and attention provided by Antonio made me regret that I had chosen another venue for my stay. The next time I am in San Antonio I shall hope to be a guest at the Hilton Palacio!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business