Hilton Palacio del Rio
$289
JW Marriott
$239
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
$219
Hyatt.com
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$239
Travelocity
$223
$215
Westin.com
3,170 results
All reviewsconvention centerthe rivervalet parkingself parkroom servicelobby barper daytwo blocksvalet servicerivercenter malleasy accesspilarbalconyelevatorfloorriverwalkalamo
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here October 27 - 30th. The location was perfect to watch the coffin parade on the river and the zombie walk on the street. We had a river view room on the corner so we were able to see the river right in front of the hotel as well as the portion to the right of it. One of the departure locations for the riverboat tours is across the river from the hotel so that was convenient.

The nicer two of the four onsite restaurants were closed during our stay but we had drinks at both the sports bar and the Irish pub. It was nice to have a place for a drink on the river that was right at our hotel.

We were in room 1430, a king river view room.
The pros:
It was newly remodeled with nice decor.
The balcony was large enough for two chairs and an end table with room to move around them.
There was an empty wine fridge in the room that was great for bottles of water, leftovers, etc.

The cons:
The bathroom and the closet share one sliding door so either the closet or the bathroom is closed off at once.
There was a super annoying motion sensor that turned on the bathroom light. We tried to dismantle this but couldn't.
There is no concierge and the guest services staff weren't aware of local events.

I had read comments about the noise and we didn't find it to be a problem at all, but we are night owls and didn't get back to the room until midnight or so each night. By then, any music was done for the evening. I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a convenient hotel with clean rooms, upscale bathroom, with nice views. The location is ideal by the riverwalk and convention center. The downsides are that the pool area is not that great, mostly in the shade this time of year at least, and just kind of blah, just some chairs and the pool. The elevator button technology, a keypad outside the set of elevators, was silly and at times inconvenient. But for a future business meeting, I would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank tzeug
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Palacio del Rio is located right on the Riverwalk, and isn't that the reason that you're in San Antonio? To make it better, it's actually on a section of the riverwalk that provides a nice balance of activity and quiet. Some of the hotels that are right above the cluster of popular restaurants and bars open right onto a congested sidewalk in the evening. The HPdR just over a little bridge from the craziness, but it's not on the quiet and secluded backside of the Riverwalk near the Drury. There are several different bars and restaurants attached to the hotel, and some GREAT ones right next door.

On check in, the front desk staff was friendly. Bless their hearts, the computer system was going down, so I know their day had been crazy, and they were still smiling and polite to me and the other waiting guests. The street side lobby is nice, cozy and welcoming. My room was lovely. It was on the fifth floor, facing the "Patio Terrace" which gave it a little gated off porch to sit on in the morning. Pretty nice for someone who's not exactly a Hilton high-flyer! The decor in the room was modern but warm. I really liked it. Large bathroom with nice amenities, too.

I slept like a log after a steak dinner and quick lap around the Riverwalk. My room was cool and quiet, and the bed was comfortable.

I would LOVE to stay here again if I get to travel to SA again. I only stayed one night, and it was way too short!

Room Tip: The even number rooms face the Riverwalk (at least on the fifth floor).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lcking82
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Really nice hotel! Beautiful and the service was friendly and excellent, especially the bell boys. I think that the Hilton's location is second only to the Hyatt-- very good location. It has the only sports bar on the Riverwalk where we enjoyed watching football Saturday. Breakfast was good at their restaurant. Everything was very clean and done to perfection. One thing to note ( which we found out late) is that they have a sign saying to allow 30 minutes for the valet to get your car. We hadn't noticed the sign and didn't make the allowance. It didn't take them 30 mintues, thank goodness, or we would have been late for our dinner reservation. They had a whole lot more car activity at valet parking then you usually see at hotels.

Room Tip: Allow time for the valets.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nanstevens
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I booked an anniversary trip for myself and husband and my parents. The hotel I booked gave my room away. So there we were with my elderly parents and no room. We happened into the Palacio Del Rio and explained our situation. Erica took excellent care of us and even apologized for the other hotel by giving us a free dinner in their fabulous Ibiza restaurant! The rooms were wonderful with the best view ever and private balconies. Every time we encountered a staff member, we were greeted with a big hello and how are you. Everyone was wonderfully nice an genuine. You saved my anniversary and that other hotel did me a favor by giving away my room! This will be my go-to hotel for San Antonio, anytime!!

Room Tip: The elevator system was a bit tricky, but was we were given the "how to" by the staff.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple