“I would come again”

Ranked #295 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
amsterdam
“I would come again”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was impressed. Cheap but everything was working properly. The room was clean en the staff was correct. Everything was new. Complements to the owners! It is easy to visit downtown from this place. ............

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
salodging, Manager at The Inn Downtown / Museum Reach, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We appreciate you taking time from your schedule to let us know about your recent stay at Super 8 Downtown Riverwalk. We are always happy to provide a consistantly clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guest to stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to San Antonio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst place to stay at. The floor was so sticky that we had to wear socks or shoes. We pulled all of the bedding off and the sheets/pads had big yellow spots all over them... It smelled nasty, there was a crushed roach on the wall. You are better off sleeping in your car!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Vacation_1972

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very clean and comfortable. RIGHT under the highway (elevated highway) so you can hear and feel the traffic if you get a room in back. I had one, and I rather enjoyed it, because it sounded like a low-steady grumble of a thunderstorm. Overall I would love to stay there when I'm on a budget, but the internet would go out every night at about 11, and the front desk said that I would have to wait until morning for it to be re-booted. I begged and pleaded for them to re-boot each night, and they couldn't/wouldn't, so this really was a problem for me because I work at night, and with no internet I was unable to work. No other networks I could hop on either. If it weren't for that, I'd be 100% satisfied for the value. Clean, comfortable bed and room. I didn't eat breakfast, but I hear there was a hot one. I got this hotel from one of those Hotwire "see the hotel after you buy for the special rate" and only paid like $37 dollars, so I'm not surprised that it wasn't the 4 Seasons, but again, if you need internet, this hotel is NOT FOR YOU--if you don't, it's super. The pool is very small and uninviting---the photos are deceiving. Hahaha. Is't RIGHT off the highway, with easy access everywhere, so that was a plus, and it's 5 minutes from downtown, 15 minutes from Paladium shopping, 20 minutes from the airport. Great location for a business traveler.

Front desk totally unhelpful, but I really don't care about that. If you need a concierge, this is not the place for you. If you don't mind, then it's not an issue. Not a lot of fast food of convenience stores close by; I had to drive 5 minutes to get some grub. Not a problem if you have a car. This is not where you want to stay if you don't have a car. There's nothing within walking distance at all.

Room Tip: Get a room in the front part of the hotel away from the highway if you'd be bothered by the stea...