“Great location and you get the value for low price.”

Rodeway Inn at Six Flags
Ranked #260 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“Great location and you get the value for low price.”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Great location near Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Shopping centers near by and plenty of great places to eat.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank AntoineMac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I checked in on July 1, 2011, I am from Chula Vista California, I have stayed in several Motels in San Antonio in the past, but none as friendly and professional as this place, My arrival was a bit uncertan at first after reading some of the bad reviews, but believe, the service and staff made me welcome here. The Maintenance Man, Mr. Abalos even helped carry my belonging up to my room for me and then back down on my checkout, he was very respectful and helpful, his knowledge of local dinning and events was something that is reserved for the front desk, but this guy knew everything, The breakfast area was super clean, my room was comfortable and clean, no bugs, or broken furniture, the AC was perfect. I highly recommend the place, for ecomomy and location to Six Flags and major Shopping Centers. Thank you Rodeway Inn, Six Flags, San Antono, Texas

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Patricia32210
Houston
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We wanted to stay somewhere near the theme parks and because we were not planning on spending much time in the room, we wanted something on the economical side. Three words: BIG, FAT, MISTAKE! The only thing that this hotel has going for it is it's location. Easy to find, easy to get to Sea World, etc. But the rooms were dirty, the beds only come in full size and were very uncomfortable. Just a bad overall experience. Not recommended.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank StevieGee82
sanders1122
Reviewed April 22, 2007

We had 3 rooms here, and I think it was alright for what you paid for.. what do you expect for 50 bucks or so..... They had a decent breakfast every morning and I could take my lap top down and check my mail with no problems. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Liked — internet and breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing special
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sanders1122
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 13, 2006

I visited this hotel a while back, and it was horrible. There was a hole in the wall (from the door knob inside), the sink had no knobs to turn on/off water, the television didn't work, the bed sheets & pillowcases were dirty, the bath towels were rough and had hairs on them, and the bathroom was so crampt, you couldn't even move. Even the small table/desk in the room was dirty. The breakfast was only a couple of donuts. The pool was the dirtiest hotel pool I have ever seen. The hotel itself looked like it was going to fall down; it looks as if there has never been a renovation since it opened 50 years ago (as it seems). There isn't even a view of the hill country at this hotel; all there is is noisy, busy I-10 at night. If you've already booked, cancel now. It isn't worth going to this hotel. There are too many hotels in San Antonio to go to this one.
Take my advice, don't go to this hotel. I will sure not make this mistake ever again!

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio
Reviewed March 12, 2006

I feel compelled to write just in case someone is considering staying at this hotel:

I have not booked a room here, however, live right down the street.

I really did think over the winter, they were going to gut the place. I was shocked to see the parking lot full when Six Flags opened.

From the outside, things are so run down. The building needs rennovating. The pool is dirty and shabby. Now, I understand why they only have one photo on the website.

So, if you book this hotel, know what you are paying for.

• Stayed March 2006