“STAY AWAYYY....RUNNNNNNNNNN”

Americas Best Value Inn Riverwalk Downtown/Market Square
Ranked #305 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was the worse place to stay I have ever been to. DON"T stay here for any reason. We checked in July 5, 2012, no towels in the room, TV remote not working, A/C leaking water in room. Husband demanded another room, that new room ; fridge did not work at all during our entire stay, no bathroom lights. We left on July 8 at 6 a.m. ( couldn't get away fast enouth), forgot to pick up our dirty clothes bag , we had an 8 hr drive home and when we got home discovered we did not have it. We called the Inn back , they said nothing was found in the room. LIARS AND THEIVES are what they are. Now I have made a complaint to the coorporate office. The workers were more concerned with their smoke breaks than the customers. Could never get the issues we were having addressed. THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN, not worth having opened. The contiental breakfast was a joke AND dont know where they got their online photo of their rooms but it is not a true picture of the way the room actually looks. - NANCY PEARCE

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NANCY P

Reviewed July 8, 2012

They were the worst hotel. Beds looked more like a twin than a double. If you purchase room at a discount through priceline or whomever else they give you an economy room. Which will be way in the back, look run down and you don't even have access to an iron if needed. We were there 15min and left and got our money back. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank mscutie2
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Roadway Inn - Never Again!!

I had booked this place because I needed accommodations for six people for three nights in San Antonio during the 4th of July.
The location is right off I-35 in downtown, I was really worried about the rental vehicle. The stairwell to our room smelled of urine.
The room had three queen beds as advertised, but did not have any soap, shampoo, or towels. I walked to the front desk and they handed me soap and shampoo and said that housekeeping was still in the process of washing towels and would bring them to our room. We left to go to Austin to watch the fireworks, returned to our room and STILL NO FREAKING TOWELS!!!  Called down to the front desk and he said they would have some towels to our room. We get a call about 15 minutes later and he said that he couldn't find any. So now I've got six people who have been in the sun all day and unable to take a shower!!!  I ended up having to buy towels.
The floor of the room was filthy, the bottom of my feet looked like I had walked barefoot down a nasty alley. They was also what looked like mold along the ceiling above the shower.
The  next day, I checked out and told them that I won't be staying there two more nights. I ended up taking the family to Sleep Inn & Suites. It ended up costing me about $60 more for the two nights, but was well worth it. Another issue I had was that the refund will take about 3 business days to show up on my credit card, which means that my budget for my family vacation was reduced by about $300.
I will NEVER stay at Roadway Inn again. This was so unacceptable that I'm forwarding this review to Choice Hotels and AAA.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank nyt-owl
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed there 1 night on June 21st. The room is very clean, nice, but the parking lot is so loud. The front desk person is very friendly and helpful. The price was good and tolerable and we'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank manzanilla14
Reviewed June 25, 2012

If staying at a nice hotel is part of your vacation, this isn't the place for you. It's noisy (literally next to a major freeway), only so-so as far as cleanliness, the "breakfast" is instant coffee and stale doughnuts, but it's cheap and near the trolly.
No one cleaned our room and the reaction was, "they must have forgot". No effort was made to make it right.
The parking lot is so loud, from the freeway and the air conditioning roar that we had to go inside to hear ourselves.
But so what? It was cheap and tolerable and I'd stay again unless you can show me a great place for 24 bucks per person in San Antonio.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sjssf
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Ah well...I couldn't afford a Hyatt accommodation during this trip so I guess I got what paid for: a room that I had to spray with Lysol.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank J H
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Dont stay here at all ... i walked into my room and smelled horrible. I cant believe they would even consider this to even be worth 70 dollars a night. My family and I wouldnt even walk on the carpet without wearing our shoes. The beds were falling apart boing in the middle. A/C does not work. The bathroom is absolutely horrific.. Mildew all in the shower no washclothes or and towles. Not to mention anytime you wanna chamge the TV channel you have to get up and change it yourself because.they have no remotes.. NEVER will i stay here again..

• Stayed: June 2012
Northwest Side
M-Star San Antonio SeaWorld
M-Star San Antonio SeaWorld
#210 of 357 in San Antonio

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Riverwalk Downtown/Market Square? Share your experiences!