“It is what it is !”

Ranked #301 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Gulfport
“It is what it is !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Where were the pictures of the rooms taken for this add ? in another Motel they don't look like the room my wife and i had during our trip on the weekend of 4/20/2012 . No wash cloths no shower curtain , no frig. ,no microwave , air conditioning sometimes when it worked . What is the deal with the free breakfast ( packaged snacks ) ? but the coffee was good ! $92.00 / night with tax . Like i said at the start ( It is what it is ) All in all we had a Great time in San Antonio and we did have a place to sleep out of the weather for the most part . To the owner i hope the renovations that you haven't finished go well on the room we stayed in room #150 i would suggest after scrapping your ceilings clean up the mess and re-install your fixtures ,the handle in the tube fell off on my wife's foot and vacuum the floors, after seeing the other pictures on this sight I and my wife can support them as well .

Room Tip: go somewhere else !
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gabledd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Saranac Lake, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

If you're just coming through town and need a place to stay for the night...sure. But if you're planning a vacation STAY AWAY from this hotel. It is misrepresented in most booking websites. The hotel is essentially underneath the interstate in not the greatest part of town. The rooms are old and dirty. If you aren't planning on spending ANY time at the hotel other than sleeping then I suppose it's an ALRIGHT place to stay, but if you want to have a nice relaxing vacation this place is the pits, makes you feel miserable staying there.

One upside is the diner behind the hotel, classic diner food and a godzilla sized cinnamon bun that is to die for (it was featured on Man v Food).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Greenwich, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

We booked for the price and were pleased with the comfy bed and the location close to town. The room was clean, as was the bathroom, even if it was a little aged. The breakfast was very poor, but again, the price was right. Take ear plugs, as it is right next to I35.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were in San Antonio for the San Antonio Rock and Roll marathon Nov. 13th, 2011. We decided on the Rodeway Inn based on price and location. Well, be careful! You get what you pay for. It was so bad that my wife decided to stay with family that live on the outskirts of San Antonio. Although the room was "non-smoking", there were ashtrays on the table and nightstand AND the room smelled of cigarette smoke. We had to call the front office for a TV remote. They brought one of the universal remotes and even asked me to program it. I would not step foot in the shower. It was very dirty and there was what appeared to be mold on the caulking. I'm not sure about the location, but there were a few people walking the parking lot that seemed to be a bit suspicious. I called the front office requesting a 6:10AM wake up call. I got the wake up call, only at 5AM instead of the requested 6:10AM. We will look elsewhere for another hotel next year. I will gladly pay more for a nice, clean and reliable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank trelina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

I choose this place for these reasons .... Pet friendly, free wifi, pool, location, and price.
Lets start with the pool. It just did not look inviting at all, i stayed a couple of days and never once saw ANYONE get in the pool.
Onto free WiFi .....what wifi ? I could not get a sighnal from my room so i checked how close i had to be to get one. I could not get any kind of sighnal unless i was just outside the lobby( and even then it was soooooo slow) it was less than .18 mbs . So slow i did not even try to get online after my speed test gave those results right outside the lobby. Did however check every couple hrs to see if i ever got a sighnal in my room , and it did not happen.For this sole reason I would not stay again.
Now for the good stuff it was pet friendly but this comes with a bad down fall if u leave your pet in the room kenneled , dont expext to have your roomed cleaned that day.i can see why they would not enter a room with a barking dog. they left was a note on the door stating they could not clean because of dog in room and if i needed some thing to contact the front desk witch if you have read some other feedbacks does not have a great reputation for being the friendliest.

Location is great , so if u dont plan to spend alot of time in your room its a great place to stay... Still wont be the place i stay nextime.just because of the wifi i cant get passed that.

• Stayed November 2011
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

We pulled into the hotel &I go inside to check in, & it's two young kids working the counter. Nothing wrong with that, I am only twenty myself. I check in, they take my DL to photocopy it, & then h& me the one room key. I asked for a second one, but they made it very clear that they only give out one (even though the person in front of me requested a second one & they gave him one). We walked around the building twice, & could not find this room. Walked up & down but the room just did not exist! Not having a cell phone, we then walked all the way back to the front & asked them where the room was. She then said (& I quote) "OOPS! Forgot to mention, we have a second building. You will have to drive back out to the street & go behind the restaurant." Now, frustrated that we now have to put everything back up & drive to another building, we just want to sleep. We eventually found the room. I always bring our bedding from. The sheets had cigarette burns, all the way through to the very springy/squeaky mattress. It just looked like such a perfect burn, that the sheets were not even touched after whoever did that checked out. The comforter smelt stale, as did the room, so we ripped off their bedding & put down our own. The A/C was not on, so the room was very hot. Not only hot, but very humid. The window was left open! We cranked on the AC. The toilet SEAT had spots all over it. The shower faucet leaked all night long along with the highway noises & loud shaking AC. Next day: A girl is pounding on our door at 10 in the morning (on the Saturday) screaming for housekeeping. We opened the door & told her no thank you, & she told us that check out was now & we had to go. I again told her no, our check out was tomorrow & politely asked her to go away! When we got in that evening, our room key card had been deactivated! We now have to walk across the way to the other building to get it sorted out. The girl working the counter were in there. I was so livid, that I could not deal with it. My boyfriend had to deal with it. After about 10 minutes of complaining, & reasoning with the girl that we made the reservation until the next morning, she finally agreed to look at our confirmation again & THEN went on to say "Oh" (giggles) "My Bad!" & reactivates our room key.

Room Tip: Spend the extra ten bucks on another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brittany S
Rankin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here for one night over Labor Day weekend, where most hotels in this area required a two night stay. I was in town for a high school reunion of sorts, and the hotel was only a few blocks from where we needed to be. I reserved the "family room" because I was sharing with my best friend, and my brother. The main room had 2 queen beds, and there was a seperate bedroom, so it worked out perfectly. The girls had one room, my brother had his own. the main room was a little tight, but since we didnt plan to spend a lot of time in the room, that was ok. The beds were really comfortable, and the room and bathroom were clean.

I agree with prior comments about the front desk staff having no clue about customer service, as I watched rude exchanges with customers who were there ahead of me. I didn't have that problem. Now, for the "issues" with this hotel. We picked a hotel with a pool because we wanted to swim and relax when we got there. Our room was a perfect location, on the end by the pool. The problem was, the pool water was GREEN, had all kinds of debris on the bottom, and the water was so murky we couldn't see the bottom any deeper than the 3 foot mark. We did not swim. The other issue was the air conditioning. In the main room, we turned the AC on, and went to sleep. During the night, about every hour the thing would shut off, and not turn back on until the room started to get hot. Not good for a hot, humid Texas summer. The wireless internet had such a week signal it was impossible to connect, although my brother was able to connect to somebodys unsecure network in his room. All in all, I'd stay again if the price is right. Lulu's is right on the corner and the breakfast was so worth it.

Room Tip: Lulu's restaurant has the most amazing breakfasts. Try the 3 lb cinnamin roll!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends