“Awesome stay!!!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #75 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Enjoyed this hotel from the moment we walked in! Beautiful lobby, awesome, friendly staff. Our stay was 2 weeks long and we wish we could have stayed longer! Rooms were clean and spacious, nice beds and great views from every room of the beautiful courtyard where the pool is. No fridge in the rooms but you can get one from the front desk. Internet charge in your room of $9.95 per 24 hr period however there is free WIFI in the lobby. GREAT complimentary coffee in the morning in the lobby until 8:45am. There is a coffee maker in the room & a safe.

Location is awesome as there is TONS of shopping and LOTS of retaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Northstar Mall is located directly across the street. Free parking and lots of it at the hotel. Shuttle service to/from the airport 24/7. The pool are is gorgeous...very spanish style and well maintained. There is a business center located in the lobby area that has printers and 3 computers.

Would love to stay here again as it felt like being at home!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yvonne M

Reviewed August 4, 2009

I travel to San Antonio frequently and stay at the Riverwalk I was very upset when I found out that my company had booked their event at the Doubletree by the airport
I was very surprise when I arrived and saw the beautiftul hacienda but even more with the friendly and caring staff, the banquet facility was and food was great ALL around GREAT all I can say is WOW and Im NOT going back to the riverwalk wait until you try their beds and have a warm cookie waiting for you

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Samm065
Tavoluna, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2009

Thank you for your comments. We value our guest feedback and share with staff. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 4, 2009

I travel 3-4 days per week and this was my first visit to the Doubletree. I was pleasantly surprised at their wonderful customer service given the reviews I read prior to booking my room. I stayed here because my clients were close by and the free airport shuttle. Funny that the other review spoke unkindly of Natalie because she was the one that checked me in and she was great. Guess she must have been having a bad day the other time. What really blew me away was how beautiful this hotel is for an airport hotel. It looks like a resort in Mexico and I'll be sure to return here on my next trip to San Antonio.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank toppertexas
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I booked a reservation for my daughter who's in the millitary. She had to stay 1 night in texas before going to Japan. When I booked on line I also called the hotel direct to get information on what was required for me to do since I was paying for her room, but she would be staying there. She said all that was needed was to book the room in her name and that she had to bring $25 dollars for a deposit for incidentals. When my daughter arrived not only would the not let her have the room but they went up on the price. They told her I had to fax a copy of my credit card to them. Which I could have done the day before if it was made known. They told her she did not quailfy for discount even though I checked the information with the attendant tthe day before. I she would not have shown up for her reservation they said they would have charged my card (with out a faxed copy), but they would not give her the room with me on the phone etc. They were not helpful with any suggestionsand the manager who had the power to overide some policies did nothing to offer help. Nice way to send a girl all alone in Texas by herself off to Japan.

• Stayed: May 2009
2  Thank rxtech3
Tavoluna, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2009

Dear Guest,

I am sorry for the missunderstanding you endured during your last visit. Many times these types of requests are to protect you, as our guest, from fraudulent charges as well as the hotel. In the future please be sure to contact the GM's office for these types of special situations. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and please thank your daugher for her service to our country.

All the best.

Reviewed May 9, 2009

There are many positives about the Doubletree San Antonio Airport, the beds, the food is excellent, parking convenient and a great location for my business. Unfortunately, even though the internet service is wired and is billed as an extra charge, it never worked during my stay. After at least 30 minutes troubleshooting on my own, I called tech support on the phone. The phone tech was very helpful, but could not resolve the problem after 30 minutes. An engineer brought a new modem and cable to the room and spent another 30 minutes attempting to resolve the problem to no avail. He told me he was going to check the server and contact me to resolve my problem. I never heard from the engineer again. By this point it was 11 PM and I gave up because I had a business appointment the next morning. In order to get my e-mail the next morning, I had to make a special trip to Barnes and Noble a mile away. Stay here if you get a good room rate and don't mind missing your e-mail or internet connection.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ultrakev

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel, location and amenities. Unfortunately internet access at times is difficult to reach and sometimes it is cables and wiring problem, sometimes server issues and sometimes firewall set-up. It is hard to tell what it may have been, however, I am sorry we did not point you to our business center which has 3 brand new PC's with great connection. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and hope next time you are in town we can have another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed March 17, 2009

Very difficult to get to with the overpass right outside, it took us three visits before we got the hang of the taking the right exit and doubling back on the frontage road.
Arriving late on the first night we ate in the restaurant, the soup was cold and the salad greens had no dressing, that's all I need to say as it got worse.
The second night there were young children left by themselves in the next room, they did quieten down when the parents came back at 10.30. This happened again the third night but what was worse was being woke up at 2.30 by a group of people playing "rock, scissors, paper". At 3 a.m. we called the front desk and it took them till 3.20 before the phone rang and the party ended. To say the least, the walls are paper thin.
We had booked a fourth night, but needed a decent night's sleep which wasn't going to happen at the Double Tree, so we left early.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jancowan
Tavoluna, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We take all of our guest comments to heart and will be addressing the issues at hand.

Reviewed January 22, 2009

The hotel did not contain any of the amenities it stated on their website such as wireless in the room and a 16 inch flat screen TV. Also, the hotel did not provide any additional services without a cost associated with the items. For example, local calls were not free, a mini fridge was 15 dollars a night, and utilizing the internet through the router was 9.95 a night.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BSBrandy

Dear Guest,
We are sorry that you misunderstood our website, however our site does not indicate high speed Internet being free (except in the lobby & business center), nor does it state we have 16” flat screen TV’s. It does say 26” flat screen TV’s (perhaps it was a typo on the guest’s part) because we do have those and we also have the 32" LCD flat panel TV’s in half of our rooms. Our policy for refrigerators is clearly stated upon guest check in if there is a request for one.