“Nice Pool Area”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #74 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The pool area is very relaxing. It is an interior courtyard, and did not say if smoking is allowed or not. Unlike the Embassy Suites there is no Manager's Reception, nor is there a free breakfast. The breakfast will only be free to Diamond members.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Hello Jeffrey B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are happy you enjoyed the pool courtyard as it is a wonderful area to relax. I am sorry that we did not have enough signage for designated smoking areas, but we'll follow up with our team on this so we have proper communication with our guests. If you can think of anything additional we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable, please let me know by either emailing or calling me at my contact information below.

Thank you again for your review and we will look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We've stayed here twice, both times for a business meeting for approx. 40 people. The service was good, ambiance is great... truly reflects the San Antonio culture. Great location for easy lunch and dinner and shopping options.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Hello El G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent May stay with us. Your feedback is valuable as it assists us with improving our service and quality.

We are thrilled to read of your great stay and the team will be happy to read your comments. If you can think of anything additional we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions matter and I always want to hear feedback.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you need meetings and/or accommodations in San Antonio.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for a family event. General facilities were nice. Pool was closed. Fitness Center was small but adequate. I had a room overlooking the courtyard. The room was nice but coffee pot died. I stayed for five days and my key was not working at least once a day. The bar closed early and the restaurant was going to close early on Sunday buffet until they realized we had ten people counting on breakfast. Hotel store was low on inventory and closed most of the time. Hotel staff was hard to find, room service however was attentive. Generally needs attention and staffing.

Room Tip: Noisy by courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Hello Betty F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdivsor. We appreciate your feedback on your stay.

I am disappointed to learn of the issues you experienced, especially with our team being hard to locate. That is certainly not our expectation, but obviously was in your case. I am sorry that was your experience with us. Thank you for pointing out our attentive room service and we'll be sure to pass that on to our team. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you please email or call me at your convenience at my contact information below. I would like to hear about our team and the other issues that took place.

Thank you again for your review and I am looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed here recently with a large group. Had arraignments made for all rooms to be ready by 3 pm. Some people didn't get in rooms until after 8:30. My room was adequate but very loud. And I was the last room on the hall. I heard 3 different toilets flush and showers. . Daily room cleaning didn't happen until after 5 pm. Closet ice machine to my room was up one floor and across the hotel, and it didn't work. Parking lot was small and not friendly to large vehicles. Location was good. Breakfast buffett was sad. No condiments or milk. This place needs some serious help.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Hello Food_man56,

I understand your frustration from what you wrote regarding our hotel and services we provided. I am sorry that your experience was not a pleasant one with us. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you please email or call me at your convenience at my contact information below. I would like to hear about the issues at check in for your large group as well as the group breakfast that took place.

Thank you again for your review and I am looking forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My trip was just an overnight stay, yet I was still very pleased with the hotel and accommodations. I was informed at check in of changes with their computer system, so I was not surprised of the longer than usual wait during check out the next morning. Staff was very courteous and professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Hello Crystal B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdivsor after your stay with us in April. We appreciate your feedback.

Our team will be happy to read your review on their courteousness and professionalism. I am also pleased to see our effort to be proactive with you regarding our computer upgrade with Hilton was received well. If you can recall anything additional that would have made your stay even more enjoyable with us, please either email or call me at my contact information below. We value your opinions and I always want to hear feedback on our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we will look forward to seeing you again the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Two nights in Feb. Was a bit scared off by some of the negative reviews of this property here and elsewhere. Hotel exceeded all expectations. Front desk (David, evening check-in): courteous, polite, going out of the way to help. I was given a fantastic room on the HHonors floor with interesting design details (something similar to faux wood beams under the ceiling). Was given free internet despite staying on a prepaid rate and even offered a free drink voucher - after saying my "thanks but not interested" for the latter, I was surprised with a coupon for a free breakfast instead! Service in the restaurant the next morning (waitress taking care of the eggs-made-to-order) was outstanding, couldn't fault it (and her). Food selection was a bit pedestrian but that is expected... the cut fruit were fresh. Checkout the next day was a breeze even though it was 5am. Perfect location for quick trips as it's a less than 10 minute drive from the airport car rental! And only 20 minutes (if no traffic) to downtown San Antonio / 40 minutes to the Missions, which I would heartily recommend visiting. Great job, DoubleTree SA Airport!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner courtyard are probably more quiet. The courtyard is pleasant with a "tro...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Hello WorldperksForever,

The team will be excited to read your review and we cannot thank you enough for your nice comments. We certainly are working hard to improve our hotel and it is nice to see that the efforts of the team are showing. If you can recall anything additional that would have made your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. We value your opinions and I always want to hear feedback on what we do well and what we don't do as well.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

If I had a choice this would not be the hotel I would stay in. I don't have a choice where I stay for some trainings. For the price there are much nicer, better kept up hotels to stay in. The restaurant's food is very expensive for the quality. Better options are available in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hello Rachelle H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve our hotel.

I am disappointed to learn of your thoughts on our hotel and I am I sorry we could not exceed your expectations with our service. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below. We want to hear your opinions on our hotel.

Thank you again for your time and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.