“Doubletree Hilton in san antonio”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #73 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The staff was courteous and hotel room was very clean. Our room was located on side of 410 and was extremely noisy. Our next door neighbor was on a cell phone and we could hear her conversation from our room. We got hotel on a promotion from Wynham Hotel. Will not use this hotel again. I reserved queen size beds and got the standard size. Not comfortable for grand kids who were with us. Will not book at this location in future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hello 166enriquer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us as we appreciate your feedback.

After reading your comments, I am happy to know of our courteous staff and clean rooms. I am disappointed to learn of the noise issues you encountered and the error in bed size that you requested. I would welcome an opportunity to learn more about your visit and ask that you please email or call me at my contact information below as your opinions matter to us.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon. We do hope you'll consider our hotel again in the future when you need accommodations in San Antonio.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Hotel was nice, very accomodating and one of friendliest staff around. They had early breakfast ready for our soccer girls ahead of schedule and again, very accomodating. The gift shop was very nice and again, had lots of good amenities.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hello Monica P.,

Our team will be excited to see your review as they have been working hard to deliver a memorable experience. If you felt there was anything additional we could have done to improve your stay, please either email or call me at my contact information below.

We will look forward to seeing you again the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

No hot water, telephone in the room did not work, bugs in the vending machine room. people yelling in the room next door, room smelled, people running and slamming doors at night. Free cookie was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Hello 573cindyc,

After reading your comments, I am sorry that you had such a poor stay. I am disappointed that we did not rectify your issues prior to you leaving. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you please email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions matter to us.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon. We do hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I've stayed at bout 4 Double Trees over the years and this was the only let down. The hotel looked nice from the outside, but the rooms were not comfortable, the view was terrible, and the room smelled musky.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Jessica T,

After reading your comments, I am sorry that you had such a poor stay with us and hope to speak to you about it being a letdown and not comfortable. Please email or call me at my contact information below as your opinions matter to us.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is a tired property in need of renovation. The location is convenient to the airport. Without an early flight, I would never consider staying here.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport and also to the mall across the street. A quick phone call and the shuttle will also pick you up at the mall.

At check-in, the rep told me that I was on the HHonors floor. "Is there a lounge?" I asked. The answer was no. "Where do I have breakfast?" The rep pointed to the back. "Is the breakfast coupon with my key packet?" The rep looked at me blankly and then gave me a coupon. "I presume you want a drink coupon, also?" Well, if it's part of the HHonors benefits, then heck, yes!

I went to Cascadel, the hotel restaurant, and ordered "street tacos" for dinner. They were excellent and went nicely with the free Margarita that I got with the drink coupon. Service was also excellent. Breakfast the next morning was only so-so.

Not a bad stay, but the check-in clerk's attitude was rather puzzling.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank bamboola

Hello bamboola,

After reading your comments, I am disappointed to learn of our poor service delivery. I am sorry that you had such a poor experience with us. I am hoping to learn more about your stay and ask that you please email or call me at my contact information below as your opinions matter to us.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Even though you might not have considered our hotel, we do hope you'll give us another opportunity to have you as our guest the next time you need accommodations in San Antonio.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

It was just ok experience to stay at this doubletree location. The room was not spacious and no upgrade was available. The room was so noisy at the night with outside ongoing traffic and I could hardly sleep all night. Breakfast was not good at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Hello Khurram N,

I am sorry that your stay with us was just an ok experience as that is certainly not what our goal is set out to deliver to our guests. Having a peaceful, enjoyable stay is an expectation and being in a non upgraded room that had noise isn't exceeding your expectation and ours. I would welcome an opportunity to speak to you about it and ask that you please email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions matter to us.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had a wonderful stay. We had a late check in and the counter reps were ready to receive us with a smooth checkin. Rooms were clean, beds were soft, noise level was good (almost no noise). The location was excellent; near our business and near the airport. The counter reps were professional and extremely helpful. If we had a question, they had the answers. They took care of us like royalty. Thank you Doubletree!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kym M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hello georgev415,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us in improving our service and quality.

The team will be thrilled to read your comments, especially our front desk team. Thank you for pointing out their efforts. If there was anything additional we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable, please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions matter and we want to hear your feedback.

Thank you again for your review on our hotel. We realize you may not come back to see us, but we hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. We do value you!