“Doubletree SAT Airport”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Doubletree SAT Airport”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Pretty hotel with Latin style decor and atrium. Rooms are relatively large and many have interior or exterior balconies. Breakfast buffet is plentiful. Bar has good beer selection. Staff friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for this great review and thank you for being our guests! We agree with your comments about our hotels decor and style. We love the fact that we are different and not a "box" hotel. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
CArrollton, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Hotel was very nice as was the staff. I will be coming back here. I was greeted as an Honors member and received a warm cookie upon check in. The location is very good and close to the highway and airport.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for being our guests and thank you so much for this 5 star review. We love and value our Hilton Honors members and are awaiting your return. Warm DoubleTree Chocolate Chip cookies and our friendly staff are here awaiting your return.
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had a short business trip scheduled for January in San Antonio, Texas - about 335 miles from my home base in Edingburg. I had never stayed at this Doubletree before but knew that other Doubletrees I had stayed at had been great stays. This was no exception. I normally ask for a room on the top or highest floor in any hotel but upon arrival found I had been assigned to a 2sd floor room. When I asked for a top floor room, I was reassigned to the 5th (top) floor. When I reached the top floor, i found it was reserved for Honor Members only. I had not been asked for membership status; it seems the hotel honors your request if possibe-no questions asked. It turns out the hotel is convienient for shopping and dining and my wife was entertaided while I was in meetings.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed January 11, 2014

staffs at the reception, restaurant and shuttle bus are all kind and supportive which we much appreciated. The location is also nice where is near to the airport and shipping mall. It might be better to have a larger shuttle bus for next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for this 5 star review! We were so pleased to have you here as our guests and hope to see you again soon. Save travels!
El Paso, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My nephew and his new wife had their wedding reception/dance at the Double Tree San Antonio-Airport. It was centrally located to airport, interstates, downtown, a variety of shopping areas and eating locations. The Service for Wedding and Hotel Accomodations were excellent (we had a double bed, with port-a-crib, handicapped accessible room on the first floor-pool view) I highly recommend this location! Book early-get a discount, enroll in Hilton Honors Program!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Amy,

Thank you for the 5 star review and thank you for being our guests. We certainly enjoyed hosting you. I love your comments about our location. We are truly blessed to be so close to such great shopping, minutes from the airport, and centrally located to the majority of San Antonio's great attractions like Sea World, Riverwalk, Six Flags, and much more. We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Jeremy and Staff
San Antonio
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Rooms are old and bathroom old and dirty. service very poor . I asked for a little Bed for my daughter (1year old) and little Bed Washington late more than 6 hours and came without a pillow and covers

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jeremy E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
I am very concerned reading your travel review, I am sorry to learn you were so displeased with our hotel. As you can see we pride ourselves with many great reviews, it is very rare that we get things wrong. Would you please give me the opportunity to make this right?

I can be reached by email or phone, jeremy.edens@us.whg.com or 210-366-2424.

Please give us the chance to remedy this.

Jeremy and staff
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My extended family and I stayed at this hotel last December. Our stay was pretty awful, and I wrote a letter to the hotel manager, Julie Robey. She never answered back. Here's the letter I wrote to her which sums up our terrible experience:

Dear Ms. Robey,

My name is Adriana Fernandez, and today I end a 5 night stay at your hotel. I'm writing to let you know of a series of problems and bad service we had during our stay at Doubletree San Antonio Airport.

My family and me, our last name Fernandez, have been staying at your hotel every December for about 10 years to do our Christmas shopping in San Antonio. As we have had great experiences in the past, every year more family members from Mexico have come to join us. This year the amount of people in the party came up to 18! That's about 9 or 10 rooms.

This year, however, our stay at the Doubletree started badly:

Every year, we ask for some packages to be delivered at your hotel and it has never been a problem. This year, a manager named Rafael told Anne F., my sister in law (she was staying at room 202), out of the blue that there was a new policy, and that packages would be charged $8 usd each. When she said where does this was in writing, at the hotel policies or website, he couldn't answer. I've searched for this information myself, it is non existent. Rightly so, my sister in law refused to be charged, and they didn't charge her, but it is outrageous to try to do that!!

Actually I sent an email addressed to you on November 18th, 2013 telling you our party would receive some packages. I never got an answer from you or any word about a supposed policy concerning packages.

Other sign of bad service: my husband needed to phone me urgently, I was at the hotel front desk, and there were 3 managers just standing about. I asked a lady called Burnadette if I could receive an urgent call that would last no more than a few minutes; she blatantly answered: "no". I asked why, the 3 phones were not busy. "These are not house phones" she said. I asked if she could transfer the call to the business center instead, she said no! What's the point of a having a phone at the business center if it can't be used? With a very bad attitude she said I could go up to my room, to take the call. No house phone downstairs to help out guests.

More signs of bad service: my aunt Cecilia, from room 415, arrived at her room around 9 pm to found it exactly as it was in the morning!! No one had made it up. Same thing happened to the room to the name of Gabriela F. In neither of the cases, had they left the "do not disturb" sign.

The waitress in the Cascabel restaurant who tended to us on Friday December 6th ( she has red hair, unfortunately I don't remember her name) was nervous and frenzy, yelling and making us uncomfortable.

To sum it up, this has been our worst experience at the hotel, to the point that next year we will come back to San Antonio to do our shopping... But we won't be coming back to the Doubletree Hotel San Antonio Airport. No one wants to, though we have been doing it for so many years. We are frankly disgusted with the bad service and attitude. The employees seem angry, and they take it out on the guests!!

The only nice person, was manager Leticia from across the business center. Always helpful, always with a smile. She helped me and several members of my family. I wish all other people in your staff were like her.

Please do something about this; remember that in the service industry, service is the most important thing!!!

Regards,

Adriana F.

I sent this letter almost a month ago and to date, have received no reply. So sad we won't be coming back, we had been faithful customers for many years.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Adrianna,

I remember your family very well. I remember speaking with the family member you mentioned as well as I delivered her packages. We are very sorry to learn of your poor experience, this is clearly not a good reflection of our services and our committed team who focus very hard on great customer service. We recognize the failure to please you during your last stay, and we apologize for letting you down. I would be very interested to make this right to you, so you will get a chance to regain your trust and hopefully come back and stay with us. Would you please reach out to me, jeremy.edens@us.whg.com or directly at 210-366-2424.

Once again, we are very sorry and troubled to see you displeased with our hotel, we hope you will allow us a second chance.