“Nice hotel in front of North Star Mall”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #70 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Monterrey, Mexico
“Nice hotel in front of North Star Mall”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice hotel just across the street of north star mall, 2 min from the airport, in the North side of the city, 15min from la Cantera and The Rim, and close to the i-35 to San Marcos (outlets) or Austin, great location.

"Mexican Quinta" style, well maintained, just ask for a room close to the elevators 'cause you can be in a long walk to get to your room if you don't. Nice pool and bar. Several restaurants nearby, also Target, Walmart, Ross, TJmaxx, Babies-r-us, Galaxy Golf and other good stores.

Room Tip: Room near the elevator
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sergio C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
buckypeekn
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It was a nice stay. The hotel had a weird layout... You have to walk all the way around the floor to get to your room due to the indoor atrium. Getting ice was not an easy task. Overall, great location! Very friendly staff. The rooms are average size but clean and modern. Fridge and microwave are a plus!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here after a 27hr driving marathon. Staff promptly checked us in and stored some bicycles over night for us. It felt great to take a shower and get some rest. Placed was nice and had some Texan charm and character. The trailer we were pulling was there when we got on our way the next day. There were no security concerns.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was hesitant to book this hotel after reading a few negative reviews. I'm glad I did because it exceeded my expectations! The staff was so friendly and courteous. Everyone from the front desk staff to room service and house keeping were friendly and warm.

The hotel itself is showing signs of aging but nothing obvious that would make the stay any less enjoyable. Our room was nice and cool when we walked in although I did notice the thermostat was cranked down to 55 degrees.

I was nervous about the room cleanliness after reading some past reviews but our room was spotless. No complaints there!

I wouldn't think twice about booking this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012
Killeen, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed at the Double Tree Hilton June 15th - 16th. I orgianlly had a reservation at the FourPoints but plans changed so I pricelined. I got this room for a really good price so I hoped that the room would be decent enough. We arrived right at 3 and there were a few people already there ready to check in. Once my turn I was told I had to pay a 25.00 deposit but the clerk wasnt sure so he asked another lady who said 50.00 deposit. Then still confused he asked someone else who said 25.00 as I paid the deposit he still wasnt sure and asked someone else who informed him it was 50.00 by the time all this was over 2 other people were already checked in their room.

Finally we got our key and the room was clean I checked everything. No problems to report. This hotel is much older but the photo on this site doesnt give it justice. Its clean and comfortable. The bed was nice and the bedding was clean. The bathroom was a bit small but again very clean. This hotel offers balcony rooms which leads to an outside elevator to the pool. This was a nice feature so you didnt have to walk the halls in your bathing suits. The pool was nice goes to 5 feet. We got this room because it was close to seaworld took us about 20 mins. There are resturants close by to eat at. chick fila is across the street, Applebees and crackle barral is right down the road. A big plus is the mall right across the street.
I rate this hotel a 4 in spite of the trouble with checking in because my kids truely enjoyed their stay and our room was very clean. Not the best property we have stayed at but was very good for our family of four.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor offer the balcony access to the pool
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Keller, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a baseball tournament over the weekend of June 8th. My son left his wallet there (with no money in it) just his learner's permit driver's license. My husband left his iphone charger. My son realized he left his wallet before they even returned home and called but could not get an answer. 3 days later and we still have been unable to get anyone to call us back from lost and found or housekeeping. We have spoken with the front desk who says nothing was left in the room. This wallet belonged to my father who passed away 5 years ago and my son has carried it ever since; there was nothing of "value" in it. My husband says he knows where his charger was left, and yet either they don't care enough to return our calls or as the front desk says, nothing was reported found. It is so disappointing that they cannot at least return phone calls and secondly dishonesty is something I cannot tolerate. There are too many other hotels to whom I will give my hard-earned money that hopefully would be more forthcoming.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cathy Y, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
I am so sorry that no one responded to your call about lost and found. Please e-mail me at Julie.Robey@us.whg.com or call me directly at 210-321-4801 and I will personally check our Lost and Found log book for you. I need your room number the the date you checked out. Again, my apologies.

Regards,

Julie Robey
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I will stay again! very nice Hotel, clean and big rooms, the only problem is they did'nt include the internet, but the breakfast is free.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business