Summary: Does not live up to the DoubleTree standards. It looks like they attempted a surface/furniture renovation, but it needs more.
I am not planning to stay here agian, I would suggest you look elsewhere. There are plenty of options in the area.
- Very close to the airport (minutes)
- Airport shuttle available.
- Walking distance to restaurants / shopping mall
- Clean and comfortable bed
- Did not hear much flight noise
- Dated rooms. Balcony doors do not close all the way even when locked.
- Tiny bathrooms, poor plumbing
- Slow front desk / check-in
- Room requests not honored (I fully realize this is not always possible, but this is the first time I remember this being the case)
- Many rooms close to highway, lots of highway noise since the doors exterior / balcony doors don't close very well.
Suggestions: Stay elsewhere. If you must stay here, request a room away from the highway. That also gives you a better chance of being away from the elevator.
Front desk was very slow. There was only one person in front of me in line and it took about 15 minutes to get my room key. Seemed one of the 2 front desk employees was new and was constantly asking the other for assistance.
Front desk wrote the wrong room key on my card. Came back down to report the issue and found 5-6 people in line, so I had to wait another 30 minutes before I could speak to someone to get it straightened out. Mistakes happen, but the time it took to correct it was very frustrating after a long day of travel.
I requested a room away from the elevator. The layout of hotel is a little strange, so there are a handful of rooms on each floor I'd consider 'very close' to the elevator. I received one of those rooms. I could hear the elevator bell constantly. I did not bring this up to the front desk. I didn't think it was worth the hassle.
Rooms were clean and had updated bedding/furniture/TV. H wever, the decor was very dated. Fridge is just sitting on the floor with microwave on top. There are some holes in the wall where previous wall hangings were mounted.
Bathroom was TINY. Had to maneuver slightly to close the door. Strangley, the bathtub was larger than what you'd typically find. There was no venilation in the bathroom.
Iron leaked water all over my clothes.
When I return, I'll definitely be staying elsewhere. I'd suggest you do, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport. Located just minutes from San Antonio International Airport (SAT) on Interstate 410, across from the upscale North Star Shopping Mall. Our centrally located hotel offers close proximity to the downtown Riverwalk area and many major attractions such as SeaWorld and Fiesta Texas. Discover many things to do in San Antonio with our 24-hour shuttle service to the airport and nearby businesses. Enjoy spacious accommodations equipped with a range of thoughtful amenities including High Def LCD televisions to signature bedding. The guestrooms were designed with your comfort in mind. The DoubleTree by Hilton features fantastic facility amenities including a picturesque courtyard with a pool and hot tub, Cascabel Restaurant & Bar and Business Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree San Antonio
- San Antonio Doubletree