“My favorite place to stay near San Antonio Airport.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #69 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Collins, Colorado
“My favorite place to stay near San Antonio Airport.”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel is convenient to the airport, and there's a big mall across the highway, which can be crossed over a bridge on foot if you're willing to brave the horrible traffic. Be careful. Cross the less busy street to the west for access to a wide variety of restaurants and stores. But why leave the hotel? It's a great place. The staff at the front desk, bellmen, waiters, waitresses, lounge attendants, housekeeping, are always helpful, friendly and efficient. I avoided the pool area because of the weekend crowd, but the fitness center is nice, if a little bit cramped. I feel obligated to warn readers to avoid the pool-side elevator on the north edge of the pool. It'll give you a slow-baking sauna ride in the summer. Wireless internet works only in or near the lobby. The restaurant serves up a great breakfast buffet. Shuttle to the airport runs every half hour and seems very efficient and timely. I've stayed in some other hotels around the airport, and I like this one best.

Room Tip: For peace and quiet, a room on the far east side on the concierge floor will keep you away from the...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on 7/15/11 for one night before a vacation flight. When we were ready to turn in for the night my wife turned down the covers and realized half the bed was wet. Yes, it was a urine soaked bed. We had both felt the bed before we realized it was urine. After we both ran to the bathroom to wash off I called the front desk. The guy told me to come down and get a new room key. He apologized, but nothing else...just gave me a new room. Never heard a word from management. My wife and I both touched a disgusting urine soaked bed and no measures from management were taken. I filled out these comments on the Hilton website and have heard nothing (I'm a Hilton Honors elite member). Needless to say I'll never stay in this disgusting place again, and after no response from Hilton I may never stay in any of their chains either.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank crhdmb
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Basic 1980 hotel with the popcorn ceilings, brick walls. There is no wireless internet in the rooms, just the lobby. Come on it's 2011. I got the lounge treatment since I am diamond, but that really does not offset the fact that this place needs to be shut down and about 10MM spent to bring this place up to date. Go to the Hilton (which is somewhat dated) or the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Check in about 3:30 on Saturday 07/02/11, got a cookie even though their were two of us, we split the cookie. Open the door to the room and it was hot, Went straigh to the AC and down it down to 65. Try to open the door to the balcony but it was painted shut, I wouldn't take no for an answer I knew the doors open I have stay at the hotel many times.
Finnaly I broke the seal on the door and standing on the balcony. woo too hot outside.
We decide to go catch a movie and let the room cool down. Caught a movie and dinner.
Got back to the room about 7:30 the AC was still running, but not much cooler. We took cold shower and got into bed. All night long the AC ran but never cooled off. The sink stopper was broken.

We check out the next morning and headed home stop by the front desk to report problems they said they were sorry. They would look into. Got an Email from the Manger on returning home, she said she would address the problem and would like to send us a certificate for a free night. that would be wonderful never have recieve anything.

It is a old hotel that needs some work done on it, It's just too hot in San Antonio not to have the AC working. Housekeeper had to know it wasn't working.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I just returned from a two-night business stay and was very happy with the room, the service and the location. The hotel is out of the takeoff/landing patterns, so it's much quieter than a typical airport hotel. The concierge area breakfast was good and the common areas were clean and pleasant. The only negative I encountered was that on a 102 degree day, the air conditioner was working awfully hard to keep the room cool when I returned around dinnertime. For under $100/night, it was an excellent value. I will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank wbru83
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2011

The Double Tree Hotel as beautiful courtyard which is screened in on the top to keep the bugs out... it surrounded by great trees and a fountain. You would never know that your at an airport property and the best part LOCATION - and an amazing mall just across the street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
toronto
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Arrived late and the shuttle was prompt to the airport.
Check in was very fast and the room was a fair distance from the lobby.
The staff were very friendly but there is only free internet in the lobby which is a downside.
The room was older but clean with two comfortable beds.
Restaurants and big mall within walking distance.
Bus stop out front hotel had line directly downtown to the Riverwalk area etc.
I wouldn't rush back but if the price was right and I needed a hotel near the airport I wouldn't hesitate to stay.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family