“Good value and convenient to downtown, too.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Antonio Airport
Ranked #73 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I just returned from a two-night business stay and was very happy with the room, the service and the location. The hotel is out of the takeoff/landing patterns, so it's much quieter than a typical airport hotel. The concierge area breakfast was good and the common areas were clean and pleasant. The only negative I encountered was that on a 102 degree day, the air conditioner was working awfully hard to keep the room cool when I returned around dinnertime. For under $100/night, it was an excellent value. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank wbru83

Reviewed July 7, 2011

The Double Tree Hotel as beautiful courtyard which is screened in on the top to keep the bugs out... it surrounded by great trees and a fountain. You would never know that your at an airport property and the best part LOCATION - and an amazing mall just across the street.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Arrived late and the shuttle was prompt to the airport.
Check in was very fast and the room was a fair distance from the lobby.
The staff were very friendly but there is only free internet in the lobby which is a downside.
The room was older but clean with two comfortable beds.
Restaurants and big mall within walking distance.
Bus stop out front hotel had line directly downtown to the Riverwalk area etc.
I wouldn't rush back but if the price was right and I needed a hotel near the airport I wouldn't hesitate to stay.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The room was spacious, restaurant was open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food was good and service was fine. The pool in the courtyard was quiet even with children in it. Did not provide enough towels for all swimmers though.

Room Tip: Does not have enough parking area.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MillieWells
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This hotel was average; nothing special except its closer to stores and food. I am a Gold member with Hilton Honors and I didn't get the special cookies or free water. It was good for a one nighter. The maids have no considerations though, they'll park their carts blocking the hall way and give you a look as if "what do you want" if you try to push it out of your way.

Room Tip: Dont get rooms facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank w33klytrips
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I spent 14 days here while attending military training. The accommodations were nice, the staff warm and friendly . Check in and out was seamless .They gave us a delicious cookie upon check in which was warm, home made and absolutely delicious. As we were there as part of a large group we were given free office center, internet and preordering of lunch. They had a very nice breakfast buffet.
They provided refreshments all day long ranging from continental breakfast snacks to refreshments to caffeine laden drinks to maintain an optimal level of alertness/situational awareness.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Angelescitypi
Reviewed April 17, 2011

This was one of, if not the, worst hotel stays I’ve ever experienced. We were at this hotel for a convention. We arrived at 11pm and were picked up at the airport by the hotels shuttle. Not a pleasant experience. The driver had loud rap music playing and greeted us with “Welcome to San Antonio – I hate it here!”. He also decided to share that he had a record of four major offences, including grand theft auto, armed robbery and MURDER. Yes, you read that correctly. Management has recently emailed me and said that he is no longer part of their team.

After escaping the van of horrors, we were greeted by front desk who told us they did not have the room available we had reserved. We were given a room with two double beds instead of a king, and told they would change us the next day. Fast forward to sleeping in a room with HORRIBLE pillows and an air conditioner that doesn’t work and the quality of sleep was less than desirable (not to mention I couldn’t get the murdering van driver out of my head).

The next day we tried to switch our room and were given keys to the room we were already in…the front desk corrected the problem and gave me a new room key….to someone else’s room. Again, I had to go back to the front desk to try to correct the problem. I was given a key to the room we were already in for the second time. Finally they found a free room but it didn’t have a refrigerator. The associate was bordering on rude as she told me I had no choice that there were no more rooms with refrigerators. After a bit more discussion I left to go back to my seminar and when I returned she FINALLY had an “acceptable” room ready. The air conditioner worked even worse in our new room. We kept it set as low as possible and still had to sleep on top of the comforter.

This is a VERY poor value for the money. I realize a double tree is not going to be the Ritz Carlton (which, yes I would vastly prefer). However, I’ve stayed in many hotels in this price range and never had such a horrible experience.

There are tons of other hotels around the area, save yourself the trouble and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business