“Suggestion for wifi”

Ranked #71 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Greeley, United States
“Suggestion for wifi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I thought the hotel was nice enough, especially in the lobby areas. The cookie was AMAZING, by the way, and the friendly staff let me have another one on the second day. The carpet in the halls upstairs could use some updating. Anyway, I was disappointed there wasn't free wifi. I understand it costs money, but perhaps you could put an option to buy in-room wifi on the website when you book your room. It makes the actual cost of the stay easier to calculate.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ruben C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear CR:
Thank you for your recent visit and your kind comments. Sorry the WIFI charges took you by surprise. I will look at how we can make that a bit more prominent on our webpage and not tucked away in the details tab. Thank you for suggesting the WIFI Package- It makes lots of sense. We are currently working on the Hilton Brand initiative that will offer free WIFI to all rooms and an opportunity to upgrade bandwidth-it's in our future but I realize we fell short of your expectation with your recent stay. For that I do apologize! Please contact me before your next stay and I will give you an update on the progress of our WIFI. Thank you again for your visit and comments.
Kindest Regards,
Ruben Carrasquillo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
St Louis, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

My room on the sixth floor was dated with stains on carpet and this area was set aside for Hilton Honors members. Very noisey AC/Heating unit, preventing hearing the tv when the unit was running. Door to room did not properly close so had to make certain to pull closed. Phone in room didn't work so after a long day required going back down to lobby to report problem. Normally not one to complain about a hotel stay, but was rather disappointed with no only the stay, but no follow up from management to make sure my issues were resolved. Slow service in the restaurant

Dear John R.

I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your recent stay. We are in the process of updating and renovating our hotel and appreciate your patience during this process. We value the input from our guest and ensure attention to these details. I am hopeful you will visit us again soon so that you can enjoy all the new updates we've made to the hotel. If you do visit- please contact me - I am always available and will make certain your next stay is perfect!

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Rockport, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Just far enough from downtown that we didn't get the traffic and noise, but well within walking distance to the river walk and market square. My family had a short stay and found the Double Tree staff friendly and efficient. Will recommend the Double Tree to friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mesquite, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hotel clean, staff Excellent, a great place to stay, But the beds where some kind of air mattress. It felt like blow up camping mattress, very uncomfortable. Had to come home to get a good night's sleep. This the only reason I couldn't give an excellent rating.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Rey M.
Thank you for your recent visit and your kind comments. A good night's rest is fundamental in our business and we clearly fell short of providing you this. If you visit again- please call me- I will make certain you get a traditional mattress during your next stay-We want your bedding to be "just right" for you and our hotel features both types of bedding.
Sincerely
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel was very clean, rooms were well kept, and despite a lot of activity in the hotel it was quiet (did not hear other doors open/closing around us). The staff was very polite and available to assist us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ruben C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Ms. W.
We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your kind comments. We know you have many choices when visiting the Alamo City and we are proud you chose us. We look forward to serving you again.

Kindest Regards,

Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

This place needs renovations ASAP. The first room I got was stinky. I couldn't breathe because of the tobacco smell. I didn't know they had a party at 1;00 in the morning on Sunday there were a lot of people drinking by the pool. They also played loud music. Because of the noise I couldn't sleep. I talked to the manager and I went downstairs to tell them to keep it quiet. Nobody cared. I went to bed by 3:00 in the morning.

1 Thank Pedro K
Dear Mr. K:
I have reached out to you privately to discuss what you descibed was your experience at our hotel. I felt compelled to also express my apology publicly through this medium. On behalf of our entire team we're all very sorry we let you down. Our goal for each guest is a perfect stay and we clearly fell short of this with you. We are hopeful to have another opportunity to serve you in the future and promise a great stay in San Antonio.
Very Sincerely,
Smithville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Not close enough to riverwalk to have to pay parking fees. With no breakfast and the extra parking fees, I think one could find a better deal closer to downtown and the riverwalk. The hottub was a little dirty so we did not get in. That was disappointing. It was a nice hotel and near the Market area. Too pricy for the location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ruben C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Mr. MW:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. You indicated your stay was Average. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences you may have experienced. We take pride in ensuring our guest satisfaction. Unfortunately we did not meet your - or our own expectations. Please know we have addressed your concerns and can ensure you will have an exceptional experience on your next stay.