“Vacation to Fiesta Texas Six Flags Theme Park”

Days Inn N.W. Medical Center
Days Inn N.W. Medical Center
Ranked #237 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“Vacation to Fiesta Texas Six Flags Theme Park”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. The bed was so comfortable especially for my back. I love the shower due to the fact it feel real good on my sore back. The breakfast was good. There's was a Walmart and shopping area real close by. The location was excellent due to everything was just only like 5 minutes away. I don't know about the other reviews but my expericence was good and I'm a very picky when it comes to things like this. The staff was so sweet and kinds. I didn't have any bad experience. It was so peaceful and quiet, the only noise I heard was in the morning the sweet sound of the birds waking up to the beautiful sunrise. I will stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
CLOVIS NM
Reviewed May 28, 2013

we came in for memoral weekend and while there we saw not one but three familys leaving cause of a bug problem will we checked out the room and we were so tired we thought to stay anyway we dint bother anybody we asked for towels we were given a when we get to your room we will give you towels while here we spend all our time down town keeping busy so we just slept and shower only, the real problem was when i got home and i relized i left some nice rings on the sink of my room i called the person on the front desk didn't help much all she say was wait for manager to call you i waited nothing so called back 5 times till she said wait till tomorrow manager can talk to you then i asked did anybody find it she said cant say i got the run around then i spoke with manager the next day and she stright out said no we found nothing that's all we can do you should of called us sooner she said that housekeeping said they found nothing so she started to hang up i asked more question she just trying to get me off phone at the end she said get your attorney if you want i get mine i was where did that come from what dose she feel bad about or what dose she know that was weird but i say don't stay there there's is nothing but rudeness and bugs in there place no smiles no hellos no what can i help you with we asked for a way to get to the market square no help there i was in the lobby having a drink the manager was so rude and right away got mad at a person asking a question about there rooms they were planing on staying 5nights but after she jumped at the poor guy he got in his car drove off somewhere else i give it to him he dint once raise his voice or was rude to her she was upset from the time she got to work i saw.... so i rate this place a get out turn around don't stop don't look at this sight there are better places down the street make a run to those places i was planing on going back this summer atlease three more time i could of brought them some buss. but not anymore i work at a place that i could of book others from work here but now i don't think so people are rude and steal there beware theft goes on there and you get no help manager is in on it she lets them get away with it

Room Tip: read and be aware what people put on the rateings they are there to help you not make the same mista...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
daysinnsanantoniotx, Webmaster at Days Inn N.W. Medical Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn NW Medical Center for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bedbugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and if it has not already been dealt with to see to their extermination.

• Staff members received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guests.

• We apologize for the rude behavior of Manager. We have ask her to treat everyone with courteous manner.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn NW Medical Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Arlington, TX
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Y'all steered me wrong here. There were a number of issues here, and while it wasn't bad enough to be 1 star on the surface, the attitude of the staff brought it from a 2 to a 1.

Pros: Room came with a mini fridge and a microwave (neither of which I needed).
When I called the front desk right after check-in to report a loud "ticking" coming from either the microwave or the fridge, they sent help promptly. Turns out it was the fridge and the handyman just unplugged it (I would have done that myself had there not been a ceiling high piece of furniture blocking it). So they were at least responsive to that.

Cons:
Extremely humid - they need a dehumidifier desperately
Mosquitos -- see humid above
Stained sheets of dubious cleanliness
Stained and cigarette burned bedspread of dubious cleanliness
Uncomfortable, lumpy mattress
Loud, near highway location
Everything generally dull and dingy

And the icing on the cake con -- when I checked out, I said very nicely to the lady who checked me out (and there was a man working next to her who was listening was well), "You probably need to retire the sheets and bedspread in that room, they are very stained and full of cigarette holes." They literally just stared at me. No comment, no acknowledgement, no apology, just looked at me like I was insane. Obviously, they don't care. So of course I will spread the word that they really don't want your business.

Room Tip: Go to the Residence Inn a few miles up the highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was notified of the problems which you experienced in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to their repair or replacement.

Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I traveled with an organization from the University of Texas at Brownsville. When we got there, although some of my group complained about the room having cockroaches or smelling bad, I was pretty pleased with the room. I knew it was no 5-star hotel, so I couldn't expect much. We arrived at about 6 pm Saturday night and got ourselves set to go to the river walk. At about 11:30 pm we arrived back, some went straight to sleep and some of us hanged around with other members in their rooms. At 3:30 am, I went back to my room to look for my purse. I couldn't find it, though I knew I had left it in my bed. I searched around my room and didn't realize what had happened until my other roomate for the night came inside the room and couldn't find her laptop. We searched in all the other rooms our group was staying in and the trucks too. Nothing. We called the police and the front office. They both came and after filing the report, the person in charge of the cameras woke up to help us but they didn't tell us anything till 9 am. At 9:30 when the manager arrived. She was no help. She just started saying how this had never happened and if it did it was probably someone that had the key or the door was left open. Our two keys were with us. The doors were for sure closed. So how was it possible? The manager showed us the camera but explained how the cameras didn't record sometimes somepart. And the cameras had really low quality and my room didn't have any close by. How is this possible? My dad has a small business and his cameras work perfectly, record everything, and has many more than what they have. The man in charge of the cameras took us to his room and showed us what him and the police had found at night. This man was the only staff who tried helping us. The only one. He showed us a video of a man in his 30s or 40s from far away coming out of our room with a laptop and a purse. My purse contained everything from birth certificate, passport, ID, cash, debit cards (which were being used around San Antonio), camara, makeup and all those stuff. I really don't want anyone going throught what I went to. Far from home with no money and having to be reporting everything for identity thief. I really don't. So be careful. As far as I know, Days Inn wont help me. But what would of happened if the man would of gone inside when us four girls were asleep? I'm traumatized for a long time. So, yes, this is was certainly the worst day of my life.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
daysinnsanantoniotx, Webmaster at Days Inn N.W. Medical Center, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have taken the observations for further improvement.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you had howsoever.

Maintenance was informed of your report of cockroaches and Bad Smell in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed extermination.

The entire staff received additional training concerning the responsibility which we all have to do our best to see to it that the guests and their belongings are protected from harm to the best of our ability.

Management has received extra training as to their responsibility to ensure that all guest are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn NW Medical Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.