“Good price with a deal, but can be improved”

Days Inn N.W. Medical Center
Days Inn N.W. Medical Center
Ranked #230 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
New York City, New York
“Good price with a deal, but can be improved”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The employees were all very friendly and helpful and the property was generally well kept. Sadly the room I was in was not that well kept, it already showed it's use of guests that probably often just don't care how they treat a room. Also, I would describe the cleanliness as acceptable, but not really that good (hairs on one of the towels and a bit of dust on the TV). My last point of contention is that the free wifi does not work in rooms further away from the reception (including mine), which is a bit annoying.

So, when you get a good deal online this Days Inn might be good value, which I would say is above average for cheap motels, but I would say it is not worth it if you don't get a good deal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
javera1961, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn N.W. Medical Center, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for your review. We are always delighted to get feedback from our guests so that we can continue to improve our service and facilities and provide the best possible value for our guests.
We've shared your comments about the cleanliness with our staff and we're currently having the Wireless internet throughout the hotel upgraded to provide better service and a stronger signal.
We hope you'll stay with us again next time you're in San Antonio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2011

What you expect from a Days Inn
Front desk staff is OK but we went fro breakfast 10 minutes before the "deadline" and the lady was picking up things as if there was no tomorrow.
Its weekend lady, couldnt we relax a little bit and enjoy raisin brans?
She could be friendlier
The room was OK, no fuss, basic cable
Near a few fast-food restaurants and gas stations
Not too far from the airport
Near major highways

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We came to San Antonio for a birthday trip for my daughter to go to Fiesta Texas. So after a full day at Fiesta Texas with the heat index in triple digits we were so tired....We somehow ended up taking a wrong turn (we dont know San Antonio) we were going the wrong way. After driving an hour and realizing we were not anywhere near the hotel and soooo tired we called them the front desk lady (Sonja) helped us find our way back and stayed on the phone with us the whole way. We were so thankful for her help we think she went way beyond her job title to help us and for this we are grateful..The hotel was excellent i can not complain about one thing the room was awsome the pool was great close to resturants and shopping...The staff there was amazing in helping us with all that we needed, met the owner Gina and she was just a sweetheart so very kind and so helpful as well...It was a very queit hotel no noise even being next to a highway and a fire dept. we didnt hear any sounds....i loved it and cant say enough good things about it oh yeah great value too....We will for sure be coming back on all of our trips to San Antonio. I would give this hotel 5 stars for sure.... and i dont give those out that ever.....So if your planning a trip i truely suggest this Days Inn....Wonderful hotel and Great Staff thank you so much to all of you at Days Inn for making our stay a very memoriable one...PS there was another girl at the front desk and please forgive me but i forgot your name but you too were a sweetheart and much help to us as well.....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mansfield, Louisiana
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My church family & I stayed at this hotel July 22-25, 2010. First Ms. Gina was great & worked with us to accomodate us on everything. The rooms were nice & clean & the staff was friendly & helpful. They do not have a conference room which we were looking for to have Sunday morning service & they went above & beyond to allow us to have it in their lobby. I cannot thank them enough & if we are in San Antonio again we would definately stay at this location again. Oh & by the way....the price was GREAT as well!!!!

• Stayed July 2010
Stonewall, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 31, 2010

This motel was easy to find and was in an OK location. The desk attendants were nice and helpful. When we arrived the room smelled musty, felt sticky, but after we turned the air on it got better. The sheets had stains on them that I think bleach would have taken out. There were black hairs everywhere!!!...on the wall in the bathroom behind the door, in the shower, on the tray that your ice bucket is on, and on top of the refrigerator. That was kinda gross! Something had been spilled all over the phone that was brown & sticky and a few hairs in that. I didn't feel comfortable walking on the carpet without shoes, it didn't feel clean. It was nice that there was a microwave and frig in the room. There are 2 pools here the one by the lobby is the smaller one but there is another one with a hot tub towards the back. There is a firestation nearby and you would frequently hear sirens but that didn't bother us. There is an EXCELLENT BBQ restaraunt in front of the motel and IHOP behind. If you forgot anything there is a Wal-Mart next door. The room is up to date and would have been excellent if the cleaning service would do their part. If that improved I would stay again. Other than the cleaning of the room the whole experience of the stay was O.K especially for the price. We didn't want fancy just CLEAN.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
daysinnsanantoniotx, Webmaster at Days Inn N.W. Medical Center, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn NW Medical Center for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a convenient one.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn NW Medical Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The hotel was not bad for the price and location. The only thing was the bathroom.....smelled like old urine when we first got there. I felt gross putting my bare feet on the floor in the bathroom. Other than the bathroom, it was pretty clean. I liked how there was a microwave and a refrigerator. And it is pretty awesome that there is an ihop and a bbq place right next door!! Wouldnt be my first pic but i would stay there again. Oh...if your looking for a hotel with a pool....yes this place has one but its the size of a matchbox.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn NW Medical Center for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a good one.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps was taken:

• Management was informed of your appreciation of the microwave and refrigerator in the room assigned to you.

Hotel Manager.
Montana
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights in total. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. The high speed internet was really HIGH speed. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel very much and would reccomend others to stay here if you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a good location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends