“A clean, spacious, and quiet hotel at a very good value”

Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center
Ranked #241 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed December 14, 2010

This Howard Johnson's was everything that I was looking for in my stay in San Antonio. I would say that it was a 1.8 or 1.9 star which would be a 2 star hotel as it was rated. It isn't an old hotel, I would say that it is middle-aged and well kept. The area that it is in is the area that I wanted and I was looking for a clean and spacious smoking room. Very few hotels that are nice offer a smoking room - this one is nice. I don't know how quiet it would be during peak tourist season, but very quiet in December. The location is right at the I-10 and I-410 interchange which gives good access throughout San Antonio. It will be at the top of my list on my next visit to San Antonio and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelsNotALot
tony209, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. We know you have a choice and we are glad you chose us. Again, thank you for reviewing our property and if we can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us. We cannot wait to see you again! Proud Sponors of Harlem Globtrotters. They will be playing at AT&T Center in San Antonio,TX in January.Come see us soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Me and my sleep like a want to stay for long time prize were great.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rhvitela18

Reviewed August 7, 2010

My family has been coming to see me every Saturday for the past 2 and a half months. I am stationed at Fort Sam and we had tried out a few other hotels in the area we were not very impressed with prior to our first stay here. Price , as with most people, being the deciding factor. Well we booked a reservation even though it cost a bit more than the previous hotels. We were welcomed and impressed by the size and quality of the room. By the time the following weekend rolled around...and we had to book another room somewhere, there was no question as to where to stay. even though the room was more expensive than we had budgeted...the ammenities and friendliness of the staff were unquestionably worth it. So every weekend for the last 7 weeks we come to spend our Saturdays in cool airconditioning or sit outside next to the pool. The kids love it, we get the comforts of home and Tony greets us by name every visit. he is always willing to work with us with early check-ins some Saturdays. Which being my only full day of th e entire week to spend with my husband and children is appreciated more than you could know. Thank you to the staff who cleans up the rooms, thank you to Barbara who always tries to get us in early. And thank you to Tony who turns on the hose in the pool every time I come because I'm originally from Ohio and need the colder water to bear this Texas heat!
Wendy Stevens

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank wenstev

Reviewed August 3, 2010

My husband and I went to Splashtown and stayed at this hotel, it is located at the next exit past Splashtown so it was very conveniently located. The room was good sized, it was clean, and the bed was very comfortable, it had the ammenities you would want in a room: microwave, fridge, iron and ironing board, coffee maker and hair dryer. The dining area was nice, the hotel offered bacon and make your own waffles, cereals, breads, sweet rolls, fruits,etc. It would be nice if they offered eggs also. We had a good stay and i would recommend this hotel. They also have room safes which we ended up not using and the front desk lady (Barbara) kindly removed the charge when asked to without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2010

The rooms were newly painted modern colours, lovely king bed fridge and micro-wave but they still seemed very well warn, tired hot hallways, right by the highway.

I did notice washing machines and a small pool so as a stop over perfect as a destination not at all.

The staff, though, were as good as in any of the finest hotels I have stayed in.

A tad expensive for what we got.

A Canadian Traveller

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and. We know you have a choice and we are glad you chose us. Again, thank you for reviewing our property and if we can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us. We cannot wait to see you again! Proud Sponors of Harlem Globtrotters. They will be playing at AT&T Center in San Antonio,TX in January.Come see us soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

The Hotel was very clean, staff was very helpful, this started before we got there. Ms. Barbra was very helpful with setting things up with the group and the Manager was more than helpful in getting my JROTC cadets in there rooms at 12 midnight! (even when the Gov't credit card wouldn't go through!) Anything we needed we got! The staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 1, 2010

When I told my husband we are staying at HoJO he did not like it. But after we got there he was pretty amazed. It was clean, quick check in. Front desk was very helpful and nice. We had a little misunderstanding about the amount of people I had in the room but once I showed her I had the correct amount it was allright. They said they had 2 adults and 1 child but I had 3-1 in my confirmation letter. The pool was very good. Actually, it is the first time I go to the pool when I stay at hotels and it was ok. The breakfast was ok good enough to start the day. I don't understand what people expect for breakfast on there reviews. They had hot/cold cereals, Waffles,bagels,bread, muffins, scrambled eggs, bisquit and sausage, Orange and apple juice, yogurt, coffee. They even had chocolate chips, coconut and raisens to add to the waffles if desired. apples and bananas. What else do you want!!! I think they do good on there breakfast. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank elsiepl

Thank you for leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear our accommodations met your satisfaction. We certainly appreciate you visiting our property while we are in the midst of improving guest experience. HOJO is currently offering Harlem Globetrotter tickets if you have a qualifying stay for 2 nights. We also have a promotion which enables you to receive a $25 gift card after your second stay through Wyndham Rewards. It is completely free to become a member and you're able to receive all promotions via email. Should you wish to enroll, please contact me or visit WyndhamRewards.com to enroll yourself and take advantage of this program through any property under Wyndham Hotel Group. Thanks again for your review. Hope to see you soon.