“Excellent Stay, some cleanliness concerns”

Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center
Ranked #241 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed for a week during a business trip and staff was excellent. They were able to quickly accommodate me. This hotel looks as if it has been recently remodeled with newer furniture and beds, which are both nice. The bed is comfortable! Nice room and a great value. My only complaint is cleanliness. While the room/hotel were generally clean the room I stayed in had some excess amounts of dust on the light fixtures, mold on the window frame, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dustin D
SanAntonioHoJo, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. We know you have a choice and we are glad you chose us. Again, thank you for reviewing our property with your kind words and if we can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Needed a place to stay for 3 nights before I could move into my apartment. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but rooms are decent, beds super comfortable, and the owner even remembered my name. Service is great....i expressed one concern about my room & it was addressed immediately. It's definitely a safe property, as the staff walks the grounds regularly. Pool & hot tub do the job. I would recommend this place when looking for a comfortable budget-friendly option.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank seidel14

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I want to take a minute to recognize the Howard Johnson at 3817 n pan am expressway in San Antonio Texas. I had to leave my originally planned hotel due to broken ac and from the minute I walked into this hotel lobby the GM Tony Patel took every measure to make sure I would have a quality stay. Tony took extra time to make sure I could navigate around town and get everything I needed to get done. When Tony Patel called my room an hour after I first checked in , I knew this would be a great stay. Thank you to Tony for his professionalism and overall caring. Thank you to the Howard Johnson and the GM Tony Patel

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed May 30, 2014

this hotel is is very bad smelly, dirty, and very bad experience for my family, the outside and inside was horrible, stay away from this property, the managment staff was very incosiderate, this property is not maintained, i have seen bug inside and out, bathrooms are in horrible condition, what can i say i had a bad day at this hotel, we almost walked away from this place due to the conditions. so people find a better place to stay, dont go to this howard johnson in on pam am expwy . make a bettter decision.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,We would like to thank you for being our guest. Thank you for the feedback you provided in your review. We do apologize for your stay being anything but excellent. Let me assure you that management has taken the necessary actions to correct the issues you have addressed. Guest satisfaction is our goal so we take every complaint and act on immediately. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio.
-The Management Team of Howard Johnson Inn & Suites San Antonio.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was not only dirty but the towels were rough and there was a horrible smell outside. Also, the hotel decided to charge me $80 dollars extra without informing me for extra guest staying in the room even though i reserved the room for 4 adults. Would not stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
SanAntonioHoJo, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We are glad you enjoyed our pillow top beds. Customer service is something we strive for all the time. We hope to be of service to you in the future. We know you have a choice and we are glad you chose us. Again, thank you for reviewing our property and if we can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us. -The Management Team of Howard Johnson Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 27, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel was great! We stayed the weekend and it really worked well for us. It had two queen beds which were very comfortable and clean, plenty of towels, flat screen TVs, and breakfast was good too with bacon, waffles, cereal toast. The room itself felt like two with the double doors that closed off in between, which was a plus. The only thing I did not like was that the jacuzzi did not work at all and even when we let the manager know it was said that they turned it on but it never heated. Overall it was a good place to stay as it was close to the riverwalk area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
SanAntonioHoJo, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for being our Guest at the Howard Johnson Inn and Suites San Antonio. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio. Thanks again! The Management Team of Howard Johnson Inn & Suites San Antonio.