“Not too sure I would go back but it was OK”

Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center
Ranked #221 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The title really sums up my whole thoughts about the hotel. We stayed here for a week as we were travelling to all the sights in San Antonio with our children and wanted a cheap place to rest each evening. Having larger rooms and a pool was great.

So all the negatives...there was a smell in the hall way, possibly cigars but my guess was trash. My son played at the bottom of the bed and I have no idea what came out from under the bed but cleaning took place round items rather than moving things. This was also evident round the edges of the room where the cleaner clearly did not reach, The walls are painted in an unfortunate colour and the carpets are dark. Breakfast was OK but nothing special and after a couple of days we started to look for other options.

The bathroom was clean, The beds were comfortable. The reception area is nice and bright, clean and tidy.

So I don't know. I would probably select a different hotel but we paid so little to stay here for the week the price is saying to me it was OK.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
tony209, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

We appreciate your thoughts in the matter of some drawn issues with in our housekeeping department. The staff has been upgraded with more technology tools for better assurance of a cleaner room and more elegant aroma in the hallways. As far as the color and the scheme of the rooms we will address the issue, for future updates. Howard Johnson may concern to our guest is to make sure the guest is comfartable and have that home feeling. Thanks you for your concerns and hopefully with your concerns we can improve in striving for guest like you and a possible return at our hotel for future stay.-Tony G.R.M.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Bed was really great. I had a good night's sleep. Hotel was clean. Good location. In addition, the price was very good!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Harry L

Howard Johnson Ft Sam Houston and its staff take pride in what we do, and we want to make sure that the pride is felt because when you are on vacation you want to be pampered. Vacations and travelers are the reason why we are here to serve you, in giving Howard Johnson as chance makes us and our staff feel like we are doing something right. We re not your typical Howard Johnson that was branded years ago , we are the new and improved Howard Johnson. Centrally located for your convinenance.Sincerely-Tony

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed at this hotel and it was a budget crunched vacation. Due to the mixed reviews, I was alert for safety issues and found no reason. The breakfast was very good and something new was introduced every morning we were there. Waffles, toast, yogurt, bagels, bananas, cereal, etc. Our room was clean and the staff was tremendously helpful with extra coupons for the various theme parks. The pool was clean and the property was family oriented. When we needed spare towels, the service was readily available. We had a lovely time.

Room Tip: King Suite was very good with a full size couch bed and king bed in the bedroom
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Seltenreich
tony209, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites I-35 - near AT&T Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. We know you have a choice and we are glad you chose us. Again, thank you for reviewing our property and if we can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact us. We cannot wait to see you again!
Guest Relations Manager -Tony P.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Everytime we visit San Antonio we (my family) always stay at this hotel. Property is well maintained and the guest service desk is very helpful.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a Suite
3  Thank NickIguala

Happiness is what we like to see as results. Knowing that our guests are as happy as you are makes us strive harder to make sure the next guest has the same or phenomenal experience as you and you family has. Hope to see you soon, if we dont see you before the holidays, happy holidays to you and your loved ones.-Tony G.M.R.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

it was a great room i should know im very picky where i stay. planning on going again with the family.the price is great plus they take $10 off if you have the Sam's club membership.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dei7777

Guest Relations Manager -Tony P.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

The hotel was a 5 minute drive from the riverwalk/alamo area. We had the Double King Suite, Totally worth the money especially if you have children. I would definitely stay at the HOJO again....

Room Tip: Suites are close to the pool....
1  Thank Kristi0618

We hope to see you soon, thanks for the review in helping other guest make thier decisions. Hope you and your loved ones have Happy Holidays- HOJO family Tony G.R.M

Reviewed June 20, 2011

My mom and I visited my son and his family June 12-17 the employees were all very helpful, the beds were comfortable, all towels, coffee, etc remained stocked, the breakfast bar provided everything anyone would want in a weeks stay, sausage, boiled eggs, gravy biscuit, cinnamon rolls, pop tarts, coffee, juice, water, oats, cereal, toast, bagels, condiments. The entire place was clean, landscape well manicured, nice small pool fenced in with tables, locked entry into buildings for safety and easy access to interstates and side roads. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay while visiting family. Also a computer was available in the lobby and they also offered WIFI.

1  Thank SHELLY55229

Our main concerns at the hotel are exactly what we have manged to achieve for your particular stay. Hopefully future accomadations are as well experienced and over the top. we strive not for 100% , we strive for 110%. That extra 10% is because we love what we do and care for our guest as family.-Tony G.R.M.