“Nice Hotel”

Marriott Plaza San Antonio
Ranked #69 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a nice hotel located right across the Hemisfair Plaza. It's close to the Riverwalk and a very cool part of town called Southtown. The hotel has peacocks that roam the courtyard which is very nice and gives this hotel a charming touch. We spent most of our time at the Pool and Jennifer gave us wonderful service. I was not impressed with our check in though, Danielle was not friendly, looked very stressed out and never gave us an explanation of what the hotel had to offer. She rushed our check-in and didn't seem to have a handle on what good customer serivce is. I later found out that she was the front desk assistant manager! Not a very good respresentation of the hotel. The rest of the staff we encountered was great though.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda K
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Amanda K.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for your arrival experience and am very surprised. This is not the norm and I will be sure that we address your concerns. I am very sorry if you experienced anything less then warm and welcoming service. I do hope you can forgive us and please know I will address.

I am thrilled to read that Jennifer, our pool bartender and server, was wonderful. She is fantastic and I will be sure she is recognized. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay, the pool and that everyone else you encountered were friendly and helpful. I know our team really would like each guest to feel at home here.

Thank you again for your feedback and I appreciate you letting me know of your concerns. I hope to see you back during your next trip to San Antonio.

There are newer reviews for Marriott Plaza San Antonio

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We've traveled around the world & the staff at Marriott Plaza San Antonio may be the nicest we have ever encountered! From the valets, to the front desk, to the food serving staff, to the bar maids & Sue Perkins engineering team, everyone was FABULOUS for us! Great lobby refreshments, location & great pool/outdoor lounging area, as well! Highly recommend-

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kerri r

Dear Kerri R.,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for your wonderful accolades to our team. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and that each person you encountered went above and beyond. That is what we strive to do and we want each guest to feel special and have the most memorable experience while with us. I will also be sure to recognize Sue, our Assistant Director of Engineering. She is so kind hearted and is just a phenomenal team member. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We read all of these at our team rallies on Friday's, so I know the whole team will be thrilled you had a great time.

It was our pleasure to be of service and we hope to see you back the next time you visit the San Antonio area.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was a business trip and the hotel was nice and quite. The feel of the hotel was much older than i think it was. Room was large and clean but slightly dated. Staff was friendly and helpful. It ws centrally located and great for downtown exploration.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Smervin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent business trip. I appreciate your feedback as it greatly helps us continue to improve on our guest’s experience. I will be sure to pass along your comments.

I am also very happy to ready that overall your enjoyed your stay and that our staff and team members here were friendly and helpful. They care for each of our guests and I am so pleased you felt this. I hope you were able to see some of the city as well. I agree, we have a great location. Only a short walk to the Riverwalk, but right in the middle of LaVillita, King Williams District and Hemisfair Park.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. I hope to see you again if you travel to the San Antonio area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We found this to be a nice play to stay for a couple nights on the Riverwalk. I would have preferred to be closer to the Riverwalk but we made the reservations at the last minute.

A 10 minute walk and you're at the Riverwalk near Fogo de Chão. The breakfast was included in our reservation but the front desk didn't mention it so it caused a little confusion when we went to eat, but we ended up just signing our bill with our room number and it worked out.

I'd definitely recommend getting the breakfast included when you book, it is well worth it.
There are a couple of nice off Riverwalk places to eat within a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

The elevator was broken one evening with no signage posted but other than that we had no complaints. We did notice a significant number of people having problems with their room key cards and having to get them reprogrammed but we didn't have any issue ourselves.

I'd also recommend doing the self park instead of the valet It save you $10 per day, and you'll have quicker and easier access to your car just down the street from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear JanitorPoopatine,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience during your stay and it was an honor and a pleasure to be of service. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and suggestions to other guests. I apologize for any confusion upon arrival with the breakfast included package. I have shared and discussed this situation with our Front Office Manager so it can be addressed. I am happy to hear that all ended well and you were able to enjoy the delicious breakfast in our restaurant.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope you had a lovely time in San Antonio and hope to have the pleasure to serve you again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We travelled to San Antonio on the 25th July with our two children (7,9). We chose the hotel as it was within walking distance of the Riverwalk and Alamo and we like the brand. What a lovely friendly hotel. Staff were polite, exceptionally helpful and best of all...they all had a great sense of humour. Down to earth and made us feel very welcome. Lovely fresh, clean rooms. Patio doors in our room were in need of a little TLC if I'm honest but nothing major and in a room for four people, four towels would have been nice but we coped. Plenty of towels pool side. Comfy bed and excellent AC, well needed in the triple digit heat. Loved the toiletries too.
Great activities for our kids at night: making S'mores at the fire pit and the Dive-in Movie show! They loved them both. Breakfast was the standard buffet style. Well worth it.
I contacted the hotel on Twitter for advice on things to do and see and they very helpfully pointed us in the right direction, San Antonio is a lovely city and I would recommend a visit. We will certainly be back.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jen_Aberdeen

Dear Ms. Aberdeen,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your recent trip to our hotel. The location is great and I think it is great for families. We sit on 6.5 acres of land with peacocks (great for the whole family) and amazing grounds. I love that you enjoyed our Smore's night at our fire pit and our "Dive In," movie. Our Guest Services team does an amazing job at hosting these wonderful activities for all our guests. Thank you so much for participation and joining in the events.

Thank you so much for the accolades for our team. I will be sure we share your review with our entire team at our Team Rally on Friday. I know each one of ladies and gentlemen sincerely want each guest to have a memorable stay.

Thank you for reaching out on our Twitter site as well. Any way we can be of help, we are delighted to help in any planning.

Thank you so much for sharing and I hope to see you the next time you visit San Antonio.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We enjoyed an overnight visit to San Antonio. The pool was smaller than expected, but we enjoyed swimming and relaxing by the pool, sipping drinks from the pool-side bar. I also enjoyed taking pictures of one of the beautiful peacocks that live there. The bed was very comfy. What can be improved? Provide free wifi in rooms. We also did not enjoy the aromatherapy products from the bathroom. They were a little strange smelling. Would I stay here again? Yes. The walk to the river walk was not too bad...

Room Tip: Most rooms had a patio, but our second floor room did not. Be sure to ask when scheduling.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed for a few days while attending our sons graduation for the AirForce in Lackland, we loved the whole look of the hotel, from the peacocks too the pool and pit, reminded me of a villa or a home in the south... On Friday night they had s'mores at the fire pit and Saturday there was a movie night at the pool, and very helpful, friendly staff... I have stayed many different big name chains and Marriott are my favorite, we can't wait until we get to visit this one again

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family