“Wonderful ambiance, have dinner elsewhere”

Marriott Plaza San Antonio
Ranked #67 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Love the ambiance of the hotel. Ask for an upper floor with a view of the pool and the peacocks. Would have given it a 5 star except for the food. Do not get the tortilla soup - it tastes like it came out of a can of stewed tomatoes with tortilla strips thrown on top.

Room Tip: Upper floor, facing pool and peacocks
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Trish A.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay. I am so happy that overall you had a great stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding the soup at the restaurant. This has been passed along to our Chef to research. I appreciate you letting me know so we can look at this right away.

I do hope you had a lovely time in San Antonio and hope to see you again during your next visit and try our perfected tortilla soup!

Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

First time to this hotel, location is close to downtown and riverwalk. Front desk associates were very helpful, facility is clean and quiet. Room was clean and comfortable on 2nd floor. Will stay here again when coming back to town.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear John S.,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott Plaza. I am so happy to read you had a wonderful stay and thank you for sharing your experience. I am so pleased our team was helpful and friendly. Navigating around cities can be an experience and they do a great job at making sure we can assist whenever and however we can.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we hope to see you during your next stay in San Antonio!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

This Marriott is a typical, reliable Marriott that I stayed at for three nights to attend a seminar. This building and the furnishings look a bit tired and could use some refurbishing, and the heat/air was noisy as it cycled on and off throughout the night. I also heard street noise
I arrived just as the NCAA basketball regional tournament folks and a cheerleader convention were leaving. Despite the packed house, my room was ready as promised and was spotless. Ok, there was one bobby pin on the floor that hadn't been picked up, but that's the only thing I found.
It's very close to the convention center and about two-three blocks from Riverwalk with ballrooms for meetings and a couple of smaller historic outbuildings for receptions. The food served to our group was hearty and delicious, especialy the flan made in-house. I found the customer service to be the biggest benefit of this hotel. Everyone, from the housekeeper to the wait staff to the front desk folks went out of their way to meet my needs. Here's a good example: I prefer Coke products, but Marriott is a Pepsi establishment. One evening, I ordered a diet soft drink with room service, and expressed my disappointment about the Pepsi. When my order was delivered, it included not one, not two, but three cans of Diet Coke, enough for my entire stay. I found out that one of the employees had given me the Diet Cokes from her own personal stash. Very thoughtful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the oppostive side from the street and convention center
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Zinfandelover

Dear Zinfandelover,

I wanted to thank you for taking your time to share your experience and feedback during your recent stay at the Marriott Plaza San Antonio. I am delighted that almost everything was wonderful during your stay and that the ambiance of the hotel and service was wonderful. I have shared your feedback with you entire team.

The hotel is amazing and has wonderful history attached to it. It fits right in with all the amazing historical sights San Antonio has to offer. Sitting on 6.5 acres of lush grounds, it is amazing it is right down town.

I am again, so happy you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for all your comments and feedback. It is truly a pleasure to be of service and we always want to continue to be even better.

We hope to see you during your next trip to San Antonio!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have been here for business during a Fair at Gonzales Convention Center.
The hotel is very close to the Convention Center; you can walk to there: it is a 5 min walk.

The hotel is quite close to downtown too: 15 min walk.

The hotel is 5 min from the Riverwalk too.

I stayd 12 days there and I would really suggest this hotel: clean, silent, comfortable and not expensive for a high level hotel.

In my opinion, the only thing to improve is the breakfast...it is not very wide; few choices.

Wi-Fi is available for free in the lobby; you have to pay it in the rooms and it is quite expensive in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bergamo76,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you as well for making us your home away from home during your extended stay in San Antonio. I am so happy that you had a wonderful stay and the service was wonderful and it was clean and quiet.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the breakfast. If you have any suggestions on what you would like to see, please do not hesitate to let me know. We do our best to ensure we do what we can to meet the needs of each guest. Any further feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you back again, should your travels bring you back to San Antonio!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We went to San Antonion for the NCAA basketball tournament. From the moment we arrived, the check in desk and concierge were very friendly and helpful. The concierge recommended a couple of places to eat because we were past dinner time. Every time we walked off the elevator through the lobby, and came back, there were at least 4 people saying good morning or good afternoon, asking how our stay was, and offering anything we needed. On one occasion we called down from room for more towels, and it literally seemed like they were knocking at the door before i hung up. The hospitality carried over to the breakfast staff and the evening lounge staff. Incredible service and smiles. The room and property were also very nice. We have stayed at many hotels, and always seek a Marriott, i would have to say this was our best experience ever. While we were checking out, our morning breakfast waitress brought us a coffee to go without us even asking.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Beau I,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. What a fun time to stay in San Antonio during the NCAA on top of the awesome festivities we always have. It was really wonderful to read your comments regarding our team and your stay. That is what we strive for with each guest. We have shared your comments with our entire team.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you during your next visit to San Antonio!

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed this hotel - staff were excellent and always asked if everything was ok. Only knock was check in only had one person so it took some time because she was dealing with locating a parcel for a guest
The room was comfortable but bathroom ceiling did have some mold on it - nothing much to worry about. Concierge lounge food in my opinion was not up to marriott standard. In short I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Georesearch,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and your experience. I am so pleased that the service you encountered was wonderful. Thank you for your other comments and these have been shared with our leadership team so that we may address.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. I am thrilled you would stay with us again and look forward to serving you on a future stay.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful anniversary weekend in San Antonio at the Marriott Plaza. Perfect location: next to Hemisfair Plaza, the historic King William District and the famous River Walk. The hotel has both charm and comfort with a great restaurant, pool and gardens. We will be back for future anniversaries.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the gardens.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 321mitchellt,

I am thrilled you had a wonderful anniversary weekend with us. Thank you so much for letting us share such a special occasion with you. It is truly one of the greatest aspects of being in hospitality and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We did share your comments with our entire team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is our pleasure to be of service and they love hearing these comments.

We hope to see you during your next trip to San Antonio!