“A pleasant surprise and one of the best in San Antonio”

Marriott Plaza San Antonio
Ranked #68 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
L.A.
“A pleasant surprise and one of the best in San Antonio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I just returned from San Antonio, TX where I had a conference in town. I was disappointed to not be able to stay at the "host" hotel and had to settle for the Marriott Plaza. What a wonderful surprise it was to find out that I got the better of the place. After attending meetings in most the areas hotels, I can honestly say that the Marriott Plaza was far and away the better hotel. The service was kind and professional, the rooms were modern and quiet, and it is centrally located. Bonus ***If you're staying here, ask for one of the rooms that grants your concierge status. You get special access to all the drinks and snacks that you want!

Room Tip: Choose the concierge rooms!
1 Thank Staffing_Man
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-

I was thrilled to read your review and that we were a great surprise! I too think we have a wonderful hotel with an awesome location. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel.

I am always very happy that our team took great care of you while you were here for your meetings. We know traveling can be stressful and we want to be sure all our team is wonderful hosts. I will be sure to share with our entire team.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope to see you again the next time you visit San Antonio!

Always At Your Service,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Always love staying at a Marriott property and this was no exception. Right downtown, walking distance to the riverwalk, very friendly staff, and the best nights sleep I have had in a while. That's why I stay here, they never disappoint.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dave,

Thank you so much for staying with us at Marriott Plaza San Antonio and for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and I am thrilled that you had another wonderful experience... and that you were able to get some rest! The hotel has a wonderful relaxing setting. I am also happy to read that out team were friendly and helpful to you during your stay. That is our goal and it is our pleasure to be of service.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you during your next trip to San Antonio!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I love the Marriott Plaza in San Antonio. It’s a great experience every time I stay. I love the short walk to the Riverwalk and so many other attractions. Staff members are always so helpful and kind. The amenities are great and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience and that all our team members you encountered were wonderful hosts. That is our goal. I know our team is so passionate about ensuring our guests have a wonderful and memorable experience.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to see you the next time you visit the Riverwalk!

Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I loved this hotel. The check-in was very easy and the front staff was very friendly. The had flavored in the lobby which was nice considering it was warm outside. The rooms were nice and updated. Everything you needed. The view from my room was looking over the courtyard which was a great view of the pool. Good location to restaurants in the area. Clean rooms and hotel grounds too. Breakfast was good and quick. Will stay again for sure. Reasonable price as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room, view of pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Marriott Plaza San Antonio! Thank you for sharing your photos as well. We have such beautiful grounds and it is something that is unique to us, being a downtown hotel.

As a Marriott, our goal is to be amazing hosts and I am so happy to hear that our team helped you in whatever you needed during your stay. I know they genuinely care about each guest. Thank you so much for sharing.

I am glad you enjoyed our water. It can get nice and warm here in Texas, so providing some cool refreshment when our guests arrive, is just a small way we say thank you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback! We hope to see you again during your next trip to San Antonio.

On the move
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed one-night and left with a lasting impression of a very friendly hotel. Upon check-in Natasha provided a gracious welcome at the front-desk. As we were exiting the hotel for dinner the guy at the front door wished us a nice night on the town. We had breakfast in the morning and our sever David was very attentive. At checkout, we asked some questions at the front desk regarding bike routes and received a map from Dianella and Thurston. I enjoyed my stay because of the kindness of the staff, beginning from our arrival with Natasha. The purpose of the trip was to enjoy San Antonio for a day and the hotel provided a location that was just a short stroll to the Riverwalk with a very kind staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I was delighted to read your review on your recent stay with us. I am so thrilled that Dianella, Thurston, Natasha and David really made a lasting impression. I know our team sincerely wants to exceed every guest’s expectations and create wonderful memories for our guests. They were so excited to see these comments. It was our pleasure to be of service and do hope we see you the next time you visit the San Antonio area.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Warm Regards,
Elmendorf, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is very nice and has very nice rooms. I love the room I had that was a nice size with balcony with two chairs and table. also since i was on top floor the room had sloped ceiling in the room. the staff was very nice and helpfully. This hotel is about 2 blocks from river walk. about 1 block from convention center. the pool area is very nice with a courtyard and has some old buildings around which are historical. they were evening peacocks in the courtyard. This hotel has nice lobby. I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: rooms facing Alamo street has a good view of the city skyline. the other rooms are facing the courty...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us at the Marriott Plaza. I am so thrilled you had a wonderful experience and especially enjoyed our grounds. It is very unique to be on 6.5 acres in downtown and our entire team really wants our guests to feel it is, almost like being in a little oasis. The peacocks help too :)

Thank you so much and we hope we have the pleasure to serve you during your next trip to San Antonio!

Issaquah, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott for a brief 2 day stay, attending a conference. Every staff member, from the front desk to the concierge, from the restaurant wait staff to housecleaning were exceptional. I had several diet-related requests every day and was met with nothing but professionalism and eagerness to help me. I relate their customer service to that of Nordstrom's. I was very pleased with the staff and facility. Great place for a conference.

Dear Renee Z,.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much for the accolades. I have shared this with our entire team and they are thrilled. It is our pleasure to be of service to you and anything we can do, we will.

We hope to see you the next time you are in the San Antonio area!

Thank you again for your patronage and for your comments.