“Great Location... Great Service. Over Priced”

Marriott Plaza San Antonio
Ranked #68 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Marquette, Michigan
“Great Location... Great Service. Over Priced”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Overall I was pleased with my stay. The service was top notch as the staff went above and beyond for any request. The faclity was in good condition with some unique atmosphere. Peacocks and gunea fowl roamed the courtyard/pool area... very cool. My only legitiamte complaint was paying for use of the internet after paying $150 plus for a room for a night. REALLY?!?!?! I mean McDonalds has free internet. Walk to the Riverwalk... so awesome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Daniel C.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give us feedback on your recent stay to our hotel. Thank you for your feedback on the internet. We do offer complimentary internet in our lobby and business center at all times. That is always an option when staying at any full service Marriott.

I am very happy that the customer service you encountered from our team was excellent and you enjoyed the location and the walk back. We have a great location and unique grounds to any property. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you back when you visit San Antonio!

Always At Your Service,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Maria, John, the agents at the front desk, and the waiters in the restaurant made my birthday surprise for my wife work like a charm. John was able to meet my last second request for red roses, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries, and have them delivered at the perfect time for the perfect birthday surprise. The agents at the desk were also able to keep it a secret from my wife when she happened by the front desk. Everyone was very gracious and attentive to all our needs. Even the concierge lounge agent recommended the perfect size cup for the freshly ground and brewed Starbuck's coffee. We were able to enjoy our drinks in the beautiful courtyard and watch Rheat and Scarlet, the presiding peacocks, wander gracefully over the grounds. Elvis, the silver pheasant, also came around to visit. An unamed hawk also used our balcony railing as a perch. We had a wonderful time and everyone at the hotel made us feel right at home. We have stayed at the hotel before, and will certainly stay again. Thank you for a wonderful time. Paul and Barbara Kelly

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor room with a balcony overlooking the courtyard. You get to watch the peacocks...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Kelly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your birthday experience on Trip Advisor. We love celebrations at the hotel, so anything we can do to make it special, we are right there to assist. John is fantastic and is know to be miracle worker at the last minute and I am glad he was able to work his magic.

The property is beautiful and although we are just a short walk to the Riverwalk, the courtyard with the peacocks and pheasant is a small oasis and very peaceful.

Thank you for spending this special occasion with us and letting us be a small part. I hope to see you both for your next celebration or a getaway.

Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Good location, easy to reach coming from the airport, nice and quiet location. The room had a great park view, good sound isolation and a lot of natural light. I've been staying there for 8 nights and I had nothing to complain for. Working desk in the room is big and comfortable, the internet is fast and free:), new stylish furniture, really comfortable bed. Bathroom is fully equipped, always clean and the hot tub is huge.
The bar and the restaurant are elegant decorated and quality of the products is the best. Unfortunately the menu in the restaurant is too limited and if you stay more than 3-4 days you have to go out to eat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Neboisa G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and making us your home away from home for your extended trip. Being away from home for 8+ nights, we want to do whatever we can to make you fell like you are home. I am so happy that the room, amenities and service fit your traveling needs and made you feel comfortable.

Thank you for your feedback on our menu. We are updating our menus and should have that menu in place by the end of March.

Again, thank you for your review and sharing your experience. I hope to see you during your next visit to San Antonio!

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying at this hotel several times on business travel. The hotel's staff are always pleasant and very helpful. The location is wonderful - nice walk to Riverwalk, shops and restaurants.

Dear dle 1982,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to read you had a wonderful experience and the service your received were always ready to help in any way. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope to see you on your next trip to San Antonio!

Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed February 18, 2013

A great place to center ourselves while I worked at Ft Sam, the wife could enjoy the amenities of the Riverwalk. While not on the riverwalk, it is a short walk which made it nice to enjoy the night life and stroll hand in hand as if we were newlyweds again.

The room was nice and we had a balcony which we completely enjoyed during the evenings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Marc s,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at the Marriott Plaza San Antonio. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. The grounds and hotel location are "enchanting," as some of our guests put it. With the grounds being on 6 acres, it is quiet and calm while only being steps away from the Riverwalk as well. The walk from the Riverwalk is very nice as well, taking you by La Vallita, art shops and restaurants. I am so happy to ready you and your wife enjoyed that as well.

Thank you for your review and I will be sure to share it with our entire team, We hope to see you back on your next trip to San Antonio.

Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and I would have rated it "good" but this recent visit made it "excellent"! From the valet that took the time to help me find a parking space to the front desk clerk that greeted me with a genuine greeting and quick efficiency to the newly redecorated rooms, it was all wonderful. We were one of the first patrons at their newly redone bar and even though the computer system in the bar was down the servers were helpful and efficient and the patient manager working on the computer never lost his cool in front of patrons. Every employee we encountered was professional AND friendly at all times. Our breakfast waitress was interested in us, took the time to talk, give us menu options, and really cared about us. Of course the view out of the restaurant windows is breathtaking! I could go on but you get the point. Great destination for anyone that wants to feel pampered and noticed.

Dear MRES88,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Marriott Plaza San Antonio. I can not tell you how happy I was to read about your experience with us. Our team is truly committed and dedicated to making sure our guests stay is special and I am thrilled that you felt this way; from valet, to front desk to the server in the restaurant. That is our goal and it is our pleasure to be a small part of your memories in San Antonio. The time spent away to relax is special and we want every guest to feel noticed and that we are here to help in whatever way we can.

I am glad you were able to be one of the first to unwind in our newly renovated lobby and bar area. It is beautiful!

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We all hope to see you back on your next getaway to San Antonio!

Florida City, Florida
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel four or five times in as many years. It is always superb. The bed is super comfortable, spacious, quiet rooms. The check in staff is efficient and gracious. Venetia Flowers was very friendly; helpful in sharing shopping destinations and public transportation information.

Room Tip: I stayed on a higher floor and had a cathedral ceiling in the room, making it feel even larger.
Dear Elln34225,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for continuing to return to Marriott Plaza as a loyal guest. I truly appreciate your business. I am happy that each time the hotel and the staff are superb and always go above and beyond. Venetia is amazing and she was thrilled to read your review. I will be sure to share your review with the entire team.

We all look forward to your next stay with us in San Antonio!