“2013 stay at the Marriott Plaza San Antonio”

Marriott Plaza San Antonio
Ranked #69 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was a great experience. Everyone at the hotel were helpful, friendly and always seemed to remember YOU. I did not feel like I was just someone there but truly a well treated guest in someones home. The staff was wonderful. The hotel was very comfortable and the property was well maintained. The old historical building were as welcome change to most modern hotels. The whole place and people were amazing. We are thinking about making this an annual event and staying at this hotel each year! Venetia Flowers, the Lobby Amabassador, was always there to help and just a wonderful person. So friendly and willing to help in an situation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Kay,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott Plaza San Antonio. Thank you for also taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and that our entire teams made you feel at home. We strive to not only meet but exceed our guest’s expectations. We want every guest to leave with a memorable stay.

I will be sure to recognize Venetia. She is truly an amazing part of our team and genuinely wants each guest to be taken care. She will go above and beyond to ensure our guests have whatever they need.

I will share your comments with our entire team. Thank you again for staying with us. I hope to see you again during your next visit to San Antonio.

Always At Your Service,

There are newer reviews for Marriott Plaza San Antonio

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stay at Marriotts all over the country, had a meeting downtown SA this week. The staff was friendly and the room was well kept like all Marriotts.

Keep in mind I'm a business traveller, Marriott Silver Elite, 50-100 Marriott nights/year. I didn't sleep well - one I was put directly across the hall from the ice machine which is well loved by the local tourists at 11 and 12 at night. Second there is an infernal freight train that comes through several times per night and blows its horn. At one point I actually got up to see if the outside door was open it was so loud. I wondered if there was a room that faced away from the train noise. Next morning my colleague and I decided to meet in the lobby for a quick cup of coffee and meet before going to our client's office. The coffee was warm, not hot and not cold. Just old and warm. Second that lobby was as loud as you could imagine with construction, mop buckets, tourists in and out, loud background music. It was kind of embarrassing to be honest.

I don't regularly complain about much, as an experienced traveler I've seen it all. Again, the staff was friendly and the room was nice, but this wasn't a good business experience. If this was the last Marriott downtown I'd stay in a Hilton. If I was a tourist, maybe a good option it's walking distance to the local sights, although not as close as the Marriott Riverwalk. I thought I was staying at the less touristy one.

Room Tip: Away from the freight train
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Andrew G.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Marriott. Thank you for your loyalty as a Marriott Silver Elite. I am sorry to ready that there were some things that disappointed you during your stay.

We have been working on our lobby tile to improve our product. That will be completed the first week of February. I apologize for any inconvenience with the noise and for the coffee not being as hot as you prefer. If at any time we can make our guests more comfortable, we absolutely want to be aware. I thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you were happy with the service and that our team was friendly. That is what we strive for and I am glad we have met your expectations on that level.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences during your trip. I sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Always At Your Service,

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a very nice hotel in San Antonio, very close to downtown and the riverwalk. The hotel is within walking several destinations downtown including the alamo. Thee are several great resturaunts around this hotel. I would certainly go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Chad,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott Plaza San Antonio. I am happy tor ead you had a great experience while enjpying all that San Antonio has to offer around the hotel. The hotel has a wonderful location and the team is ready to assist with any questions or assistance anyone needs to enjoy the city.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This time our stay was only one-night while the lobby area was being renovated, but it was still a great choice for downtown. Don't let the fact that it's not right on the Riverwalk dissuade you; I think that it's short distance from the main downtown attraction is an advantage. We had a third-floor, courtyard-facing room that was very quiet. On this cold January night, there was a large, welcoming fire burning in the outdoor fireplace near the pool. A balcony room overlooking the courtyard is a welcome respite from the frenzied tourist traffic on the Riverwalk. The staff was just as attentive as it was on our last visit when they'd made such a good impression. The self-park was $25, but the location is very close and convenient. Our room was very clean and comfortable, but housekeeping had failed to leave shampoo (lotion, conditioner, and body wash, yes--but no shampoo)--which is not something you want to discover as you enter the shower. The only reason I withheld a fifth star from my review is that I really think in this day and age every hotel of this caliber should have iPod docks. I haven't stayed in a room in any hotel for some time that didn't have one. Marriott, it's time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bohemian81
Rob G, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Bohemian81:

And....you're one of our favorite guest! We can't wait to see you back soon to enjoy our brand new lobby and lounge. As you noted in your review, the Marriott Plaza offers the unique advantage of a downtown location, but with a resort like atmosphere. Between the outdoor fire pit and seating area, bubbling fountain in our Spanish courtyard, the tropical plants and six acres of Texas landscape with roaming, exotic birds, the Marriott Plaza truly offers an oasis within minutes of everything San Antonio offers.

I have also taken note of your comment about the IPOD docking station and have passed it on to our corporate decision makers for their consideration.

Thank you once again for being a loyal Marriott Plaza guest!

At your service,

Rob A. Gauthier

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for the Alamo Bowl this past week end. The hotel was extremly busy and the staff did a great job of managing a lot of people. Our room was clean and comfortable. We have drinks at the bar and recieved great service. Location was perfect for the stadium and the Riverwalk. Hotel has a lovely courtyard and I am sure had the weather been a little better we would have enjoyed that.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alwaystraveling78
Rob G, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Alwaystraveling78:

Thank you for your compliments of the Marriott Plaza San Antonio, including your observations about our staff. They work hard to go above and beyond guest's expectation in service and with all our great new changes, guests will enjoy an even more upscale downtown hotel.

As you noted, we offer a great location near all the sights, but without the congestion.The Marriott Plaza is truly unique, with its six acres of lush, tropical landscaping, Spanish courtyard and roaming exotic Peacocks, we offer the closest thing to a resort-like atmosphere in downtown San Antonio.
On behalf of the staff, thank you once again. We look forward to your return!

Rob Gauthier

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Outstanding service from the staff for our conference in November. Everyone was professional and prepared, the facilities are beautiful and every accommodation was met. I would recommend this hotel for any organization looking to hold a conference in the San Antonio Area. The Marriot Plaza is strategically located near downtown San Antonio, a few blocks from both the RiverWalk and the Tower of the Americas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bryan A
Rob G, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Bryan A:

Thank you for your compliments of the Marriott Plaza. As you noted, we offer a great location in downtown San Antonio near all the sights, but without the congestion. Our staff works hard to exceed expectation in service and along with our six acres of lush, tropical landscaping, Spanish courtyard and roaming exotic Peacocks, the Marriott Plaza is truly the closest thing to a resort in downtown San Antonio.

On behalf of the staff, we look forward to your return!

Rob Gauthier

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Would like to commend the entire staff of the Marriott Plaza San Antonio for their outstanding professionalism and service provided during myrecent ten day stay. In particular, I would like to recognize Ms Venetia Flowers for her tremendous professionalism, customer service and individual competence. She is a great Ambassador for the Marriott Plaza San Antonio and the Marriott Hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank David G
Rob G, General Manager at Marriott Plaza San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear DavidG:

Thank you for your comments about the Marriott Plaza. Our staff works hard to exceed the expectations of our guests and your positive comments are very appreciated!
Our Lobby Ambassador program is just one part of our commitment to extend an extra level of service to our guests, helping with everything from special requests to recommendations for activities around the city. (We recognize Venicia as an asset to the Marriott Plaza. We're grateful to hear your positive acknowledgement about her, as well as our entire staff.)
In addition, we continue to add improvements to our hotel that guests are really enjoying, including new rooms and beautiful new public spaces. Along with our great location, central to everything going on in San Antonio, the Marriott Plaza is the perfect choice for downtown accommodations.
Thank you once again for your great comments. We look forward to having you back soon.
Rob A. Gauthier