Noble Inns - The Oge House, Inn on the Riverwalk
$189
$180
$373
$259
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
$289
$239
$219
Hyatt.com
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$239
  • Restaurant
All reviewsking william districtbed and breakfastselect registrythe river walkrooms are beautifully decoratedquiet neighborhoodperfect weekendmini refrigeratorsan antonio riverminute walkfirst floordowntown areathree nightsa great place to stayriverwalkriverviewfireplace
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here for the second time. Great location, just a pleasant short stroll along the River to the centre, and in the historical King William district. Superb breakfast, served in dining room, full of character. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful two night stay at the Ogle House (Sept. 18-19). We loved our basement suite, which gave us easy access outside to our car and made *toting* our suitcases a breeze. The house is beautifully restored and comfortable. We enjoyed our two course breakfast each morning--a perfect way to start the day. The Oge House's location is great-- a ten minute walk to the River Walk--with great nearby restaurants for our evening meals. We loved the Oge House and look forward to staying there again!

Room Tip: Basement room(s) provides easy access to a covered patio area for reading and a glass of wine. Overhead fan(s) keep the sitting area comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meritas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was by far the worst experience I have ever had away from home!! The first room they had me in was horrible, I asked to change rooms and I probably should have stayed in the first one because the second one was decorated with fabric with slaves printed on it and ants crawling on the beds and others bugs crawling on the floor!!!!!!! I would NEVER stay here again!!!

Room Tip: The Oge house has the worst rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tyishia R
Donald N, Owner at Noble Inns - The Oge House, Inn on the Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

This guest checked out yesterday. She booked the Newton Mitchell room. Whe she arrived, she wanted a room with a fireplace instead. The Elder room was available, so she chose it instead, and we were happy to give her a complimentary upgrade. The fabric in the room (see pictures on our website) is a French toile. Toiles have scenes with figures, typically charming, imaginary scenes of life in rural France long ago - probably the 18th century. This toile has harvest scenes, and depicts French farmers harvesting grain from the field and grapes from the vineyard. There are no slaves depicted; I don't think rural France had slaves. We are delighted for guests of any race to stay with us, and the decoration is certainly not intended to insult anyone's race. Yesterday morning early, I got a call and immediately rushed to the guests' room. I confirmed that a few extremely tiny ants (I believe they are called "sugar ants") had crawled onto the bed. I took a very bright LED flashlight and inspected the walls, floor, under the bed, etc. and could not find any others. There were no other insects in the room, and no others were reported. During very hot and dry weather, which is what we have had for months, these ants will occasionally find their way into the house, looking for water. They are so tiny, they can enter through virtually any opening. I picked them off the bed, and I believe they are completely harmless and unable to sting. I certainly had no ill effect from them at all. We have very good housekeeping, but we can't control mother nature. There certainly are the normal insects you would expect out in our gardens, and in rare instances they may crawl into the house, where we are happy to take care of them right away! I'm very sorry that this guest was frightened of these tiny ants. She told me that she had a phobia about them, and I guess that was right.
Don Noble, owner

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I took my wife to the Oge House for her 40th birthday. She wanted to experience a B&B for the first time, but I didn't want to be stuck out in the country during one of the worst drought seasons in Texas' history.. So, it was fantastic! So peaceful, so romantic, the breakfast was different each day, the staff (Megan) was awesome! And in very "touristy" city that can take advantage of your wallet when you least expect it, the Oge house was a safe harbour.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank austinfullers
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is a beautiful bed &breakfast! We walked every where we went. Our room was awesome and the staff was helpful! Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2012