All reviewsla villitasmall lotsmall hotelthe river walkwafflesbalcony roomnice continental breakfastthird floorchoice hotelswalking distancean older buildingdowntown attractionsstaff was very friendly and helpfulwaffle makerconvention centerlocation is greatper night
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

The O’Brien hotel is just a few steps away from the Riverwalk and I’m glad I picked the more reasonably priced hotel. The included breakfast was great: the Texas shaped waffles were 5 star and eggs, bacon and hash browns with various breads/bagels, yogurt and cereal options are what were offered every morning. The lobby is pretty small so I recommend going early for breakfast before the more touristy types get up for the day. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and efficient and the location was great. I plan to stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Terrie C
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at O'Brien Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the input referring to our staff and location. We hope to someday have another opportunity to host your stay.

Reviewed March 2, 2018

We stayed 2 nights . When we checked in Jesus was able to help us out and find an awesome restaurant to eat at along with directions. April the next morning was so helpful with directions and things to do in the area. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was good and the location was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at O'Brien Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us. We value your business and thank you for the insight regarding our location and area. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

So central to everything and very sweet and friendly staff. Not glamorous and has a few small glitches (no plug in the hand basin for example) but very inexpensive. Clean and well appointed our room more than served its purpose.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen H

On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and for your comments regarding our staff and room. We hope to see you again to deliver you with a 5 star experience.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

My wife and I made a reservation at the O'Brien website... the website says that you have until 2 days before arrival to cancel your reservation... When we were booking online they switched us to RESERVATIONS.com.. Our reservation was NON-REFUNDABLE... We are so upset .... We lost $480 to this hotel... I recommend that you don't use their website because it is a fraudulent website... I recommend that you don't stay at the O'Brien

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank cmacan

Your voice is so valuable to us in our continued efforts to provide every guest with an enjoyable experience. We appreciate you sharing your comments regarding our hotel. Through guest feedback like yours we are better able to enhance guest experience; so thank you.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

I mistakenly booked the wrong date and the hotel refused me a free charge refund? They do not have any openings for the date I need so that is understood but to refuse a refund? I have read other reviews and most are not good but as far as the hotel I don't know, I haven't as yet stayed there and now won't due to such a impossible time they have given me. I travel to San Antonio all the time and never expected this but I think others need to be aware of the difficulty they are to "work with" .

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank Russelle W
Jeb866, Manager at O'Brien Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Dear Guest Unfortunately you made a discounted, non refundable , nor exchangeable, reservation with a third party website. The cancellation policy was not set up by us, but by your vendor which you accepted at the time you made the reservation in their website. Yet, we offer you a solution. To give you credit for a future date. But you insisted to have a privilege that was not granted by the vendor you bought the reservation from. It is important you understand the different cancellation policies every on line travel agent has. Otherwise you will continue to experience the same problem. Thank you for taking the time to write a review