This hotel was really nice on the inside. Had a balcony room during Fiesta in San Antonio. Very clean, check in went fine and fast. We stayed 2 nights and it is a very nice short walk to the River walk from the front door of the hotel. About 2 blocks. Very close to the restaurants and shopping. The mall and the Alamo are a little further down maybe about 1/2 mile at most. The only thing that I did NOT like is that there was about 10-12 parking spaces for the whole hotel, so you have to park offsite or across the street and hope that nobody breaks into your vehicle. We did not have any problems with that, but it was an inconvenience and $12.00 a day for overnight parking that you had to renew by 10:00 the next morning to keep from getting towed. That is the only reason I did not score this hotel excellent. I guess it isn't their fault. They are pretty much land locked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The O'Brien Historic Hotel Downtown Riverwalk offers quiet luxury in the heart of Downtown San Antonio. We are centrally located one block from the famous Riverwalk (which offers an array of restaurants, shops and nightlife), four blocks from the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, three blocks from the Alamo Plaza. You can take a breath-taking walk on the Riverwalk and enjoy the history and magic that San Antonio has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your O'Brien Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection San Antonio
- San Antonio Clarion Collection
- Clarion San Antonio