I stayed at the O'Brien Historic Hotel in downtown San Antonio, TX Wednesday April 17, 2013 and April 18, 2013. I would have to say this was the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel in any part of the United States. First off, construction in the back parking lot started at the break of dawn. They advertise they have a workout area but it isn't even in the hotel, you have to walk a few blocks away. The parking is horrendous, their parking in the rear will fit 7 cars but they try to fit 12 (if you're an early riser like myself, you won't get out). The manager of the hotel is very rude and unprofessional at best. I had my dirty clothes in a bag and the staff threw my clothes away! The entire staff denied this and the manager laughed in my face. The rooms are nice and the location is pretty hard to beat, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone! I would suggest to anyone to spend the extra few dollars and go to a more reputable hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The O'Brien Historic Hotel Downtown Riverwalk offers quiet luxury in the heart of Downtown San Antonio. We are centrally located one block from the famous Riverwalk (which offers an array of restaurants, shops and nightlife), four blocks from the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, three blocks from the Alamo Plaza. You can take a breath-taking walk on the Riverwalk and enjoy the history and magic that San Antonio has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your O'Brien Historic Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection San Antonio
- San Antonio Clarion Collection
- Clarion San Antonio