“Relaxing!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Round Rock, Texas
“Relaxing!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We had a room on a high floor overlooking the river. The view at night is awesome. I can't give a 5 as the rooms are in need of some updating as other reviewers have mentioned. We did the walking along the river, Alamo, Ripley's and dined twice at Landry's. Everything was to our liking. Have the hotel make reservations for dining. We received a VIP table with flowers and a complementary appetizer or dessert. The cheesecake was heavenly!! Great time for a quick weekend getaway.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stated at this hotel with my daughter and husband, very nice comfortable hotel and you can't beat having so many restaurant options right downstairs.

The beds were so comfortable
The breakfast was great
Loved the indoor/outdoor pool even though it was a bit chilly, but it was early May.
And lived the nighttime view of the city from our room.

Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed 6 nights from 4 January 2014 and being our first visit to San Antonio, Texas from Sydney, Australia, we were pleasantly placed in Room 3125 which is the 31st Floor with beautiful River and City views. Room was carpeted; very comfortable duck feather/down pillows; modern and clean bathroom; nice modern basin; comfortable doona, desk chair and armchair. Housekeeping was 10/10, clean and re-stocked consistently...fantastic! Our biggest complaint for most of USA's city or downtown hotels is that they charge USD$25 per night to park your rented/hired car, it ends up being very expensive, especially if you've already paid around USD$150 per day to rent/hire your car then having to pay for Hotel Parking on top of this is excessive. Thankfully we managed to find Central Parking just a few minutes walk, one block away from Marriott Rivercenter Hotel that charges USD$20, however, no In and Out priveleges and not exactly 24 hours. It still worked out well for us, as we had driven to Austin, Texas and have driven out of the Downtown Area to the suburbs. The second complaint would have to be the fact that most 4 or 5 star Hotels only offer Free WiFi in their Lobbies, not in the rooms. I suppose having hundreds of rooms, it may be too much weight to bear and can be good, stops us from being on the internet and actually LIVING LIFE going out doing fun stuff :-) May I recommend all Hotels to offer a 2nd Large Luggage holder. Anyways, I would highly recommend Marriott Rivercenter, as it is attached to the Mall, Macys and Riverwalk. We were pleasantly involved in the 90 year history of 49 US states being at zero degrees from the Arctic Vortex Winds sweeping most of USA, excluding California and have never felt so cold. Ears and facial skin in pain on 6 January 2014, whilst hearing that Niagra Falls had frozen into solid ice!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheRealBossLady
Patrick M, Manager at San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. You experienced some of the coldest temperatures this area has had in a long time, but I’m glad you had a good time nonetheless. While our parking rates may appear expensive our research shows that we are competitively priced with all downtown hotels in the local market. Our parking rates also offer in/out privileges, which parking garages do not. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Texas, hopefully the first of more to come. All the best,
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I recently traveled to SA. I rarely write a review, but am doing this as every single person we encountered on this short stay was just as nice as they could be. We had a great deal of work to do, and had to order room service several times and the food was great. Also, you can't beat the location. We would definitely consider this a "first choice" hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for posting your review and letting everyone know the great service you received from all you encountered. That’s our aim, to host you brilliantly, I’m glad we achieved that with you. I will share your comments with the In Room Dining Team about how much you enjoyed the food. Thank you again. We look forward to a return visit.
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Very nice hotel, rooms are large and very comfortable, location is wonderful , on the riverwalk with nice views but mainly it is right there in the best location. Breakfast buffett was great too, and the service very good.

Room Tip: The best view would be on the even numbers, the highest the best of course
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rjb271
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have mixed feeling about this Marriott. I selected this Marriott (RiverCenter)because it was newer in the San Antonio area and there is a Marriott (River Walk) almost directly across the street. Upon check in all was great, nicely appointed and accommodating. I get to my room which overlooked the Alamo Bowl/Dome and another hotel. The room was nice & clean. Nothing to brag about here.

I had to be up early but the construction crew across the street beat my alarm. The hotel across the street is a new construction project with dozens of running diesel trucks and skip loaders and general construction noises. No snooze alarm there! Oh well, I’m a light sleeper in a large city. I get up and start the hot water to shave, no hot water. I tried the shower, it took 20 min of running water to get it slightly warm. I brought this up to the front desk and the canned response I got – sorry!

After a long day of work I get back and hit the gym and pool. The gym was great, newer equipment. I hit the locker room to change to do a few laps in this 4th floor awesome indoor/outdoor pool and the locker room was dated with no frills. I didn’t expect that because this newer hotel was nicely appointed. On to the pool. Jumped in and quickly jumped out. 64 degree… burrrr. The attendant said the pool heater was down. Thanks!

The bar area and staff were great. There are several restaurants attached to the hotel but we chose to eat elsewhere. There is also a mini mall within. You’re within walking distance to most everything.

In a nutshell, 7.50 for a mocha. 35.00 per night valet, (BTW - the valet staff was awesome!) a high price for internet access, early morning noise and no hot water. Clean room, close to everything. I’m not convinced I selected the right Marriott.

Room Tip: Stay away from the front of the hotel, construct & traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank rkbzdsa
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We booked this hotel for NYE for one night. When we arrived 4pm at the hotel, the cars were lined up and we were thinking we would be waiting for hours. They had the SAPD directing traffic into the hotel which made a huge difference. We decided to pay for the valet parking rather than me wasting valuable time, because we were ready to start celebrating. When we walked into the hotel, it looked like it was going to be chaos, WRONG! This hotel exceeded my expectations. I was very impressed on how organized and how smooth check-in went, These employees, from valet to bell men, and to front desk, were ALL very courteous and with a smile. These employees worked as a team! This is what I call a 5 star service. Our room was 3734 facing the city which we didn't mind because we were not going to stay in the room till we were ready for bed. The room was spacious, bathroom also spacious, shower had good water pressure. The closet had plenty of room with plenty of hangers, and a security box. The a/c worked great, and the beds,.. the bed was very comfortable . This is our fourth NYE celebration in San Antonio, and this by far is the first time we experienced an organization so well prepared for the stampede of the people coming and going. I have to say, that management here is very fortunate to have a staff with such a professional ATTITUDE! Thank You MRC and staff, Mario and GRACE.

Room Tip: Rooms near elevators a convenience, also the elevators are fast!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick M, Manager at San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Welcome back to San Antonio and thank you for your wonderful review. I certainly will pass along your comments to our hosts in in valet, the bellmen and at the front desk. Service with a smile is what we aim for and I’m glad to know we delivered. We hope you will again give us the pleasure of hosting you next New Year’s Eve.