“Just below Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Santa Cruz, California
“Just below Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The accommodations were just below average. Stayed at this hotel for a week and the service was nice but the room decor was from the 70's. They really need to upgrade and the room needed some general repair (i.e. cracks in the bathroom tiles and corners). The room service food was Ok. The restaurant downstairs in the lobby did have good food and drinks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at in a while. Very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful lobby, nice clean room... Just overall a wonderful stay. I was greeted quickly by someone in the lobby to check in, I was asked with assistance for my bags, everyone had a smile and offered to help. I cant say enough about how clean and nice the room was. Extremely clean and comfortable. My only complaint (with Marriott in general) would be to have different pillow options.

The location was great! Lots of restaurants along the River Walk, I even walked to the Alamo after breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick M, Manager at San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for a lovely review. I’m glad to know our staff took great care of you. They are brilliant hosts and they stand ready to be of service to you the next time you are in San Antonio. Please come again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the River Center Marriott. We were greeted by the concierge in the lobby as we stepped off the garage elevator. The signage for the sign up on the street level actually stated that the garage was full (we arrived on a Saturday evening), but we drove on down into the garage and found a parking space without a problem. We had a room on the 24th floor near the elevator, but it was not loud in the room (just by the elevator could you hear the ice machine). The workout room was spacious and nice with many treadmills and cross trainers. We enjoyed a nice breakfast in the concierge lounge. Before we arrived at the hotel on Saturday, we had stopped at Rosario's Mexican Restaurant nearby and enjoyed a meal there. Had we known the River Center Marriott was located in the midst of some nice relaxing cafes out the side door, down by the river, we would have eaten there instead.

Room Tip: Our room looked out to the north above some roofs but we enjoyed the privacy on the 24th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I’m happy to know you enjoyed your stay. Even though the hotel is centrally located to many great eating spots, you cannot go wrong eating at Rosario’s. I hope the next time you visit San Antonio, you will allow us the pleasure to host you brilliantly.
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference the facilities was nice and a friendly staff, the food was good, but the best is the location it is near in all the attractions. The room is a good size and we got the nice view of the riverwalk

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Norcross
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was staying at the Marriott River WALK in San Antonio but accidentally walked into the Marriott River Center as they are next door to each other. I had purchased two six packs of water and while in the lobby, an employee asked me I wanted to have a refrigerator brought to my room. I said yes not realizing I was in the WRONG Marriott. When I realized this, I went to the desk and told the front desk person my situation. I then walked back to the River WALK Marriott and had a knock at my door 30 minutes later by a Marriott employee. SURPRISE: A refrigerator was delivered to my room! What GREAT service from one Marriott to another!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick M, Manager at San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our staff does an amazing job of providing terrific service, from one hotel to another—we are one big family! Thank you for sharing your experience. Please come again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Good Hotel on the river walk, rooms nice size and clean. Good location within 2-3 minutes to main part of the river walk, parking was onsite and was a slight bit overpriced, which seems to be the way in Texas. River cruise is just at the exit of the hotel and worth doing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We hope you had a good visit in San Antonio and at the Marriott Rivercenter. We hope to see you again.
Rockport, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a convention back in August of this year. The hotel was nice enough and the staff were excellent but the rooms were quite outdated and we don't think the lack ofamenities in the rooms justified the price. We had a discounted rate due to the convention being held in the same facility and he was an attendee but even for the discounted rate the rooms weren't justafiable to the price. There was no coffee maker, fridge, or even microwave. I have stayed in hotels with rooms going for $70 that at least have those amenities. I know it may seem trivial but when you pay $100+ a night for a room and you are staying more than one day it would be nice to keep a few leftovers from good meals the night before. The proximity to the Riverwalk is nice in that you walk out the door and you are right there. Food choices galore, but don't expect to keep leftovers from your nice dinner, lol ;-). I would have given 3 1/2 stars for the rating but that was not an option and I would only give it 4 because there is a Starbucks in the lobby and negates the need for a coffemaker in the room. BUT there are those who do not like Starbucks, therefore, hence the need for a coffemaker.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TBGage
Thank you for posting your review. While refrigerators and microwaves are not standard to our rooms, all of our rooms do have coffeemakers. I wish you would have let one of our managers know that you did not have a coffee maker in your room as we would have delivered one to your room right away. Please accept my sincere apologies.