“Nice Location!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Nice Location!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Overall nice hotel. Great location. Very clean. However, rooms are small, no microwave/mini fridge etc. View is bad..overlooking I-10 highway. Right next to mall which is awesome. Will try a different place next time just to compare. Price wise it's very cost effective.

Room Tip: Corner room would be best...but they fill up quickly...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelDreamworld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay in this hotel. We were in a suite on the top floor to have a panoramic view over the Alamo. Its location is unbeatable--Alamo, Rivercenter, River cruise and Tower of America. Also a walking distance to Main Plaza, San Fernando Cathedral, Majestic Theater.... There are very good restaurants in Rivercenter or inexpensive ones for a quick bite. If we visit San Antonio we will stay in this hotel again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The location is the best. Walking distance of Rivercenter Mall, Restaurants and Bars. The staff is great, they were able to find us two rooms without reservation, having a huge convention was taking place, this is a nice gesture to notice. I would only complain about three things: No complimentary wifi (only lobby), indoor pool was cold and valet service a little expensive. But I will still go back. The views for the river with Xmas decoration are priceless!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here one night for business this past week and everything was top notch!

Everyone working there was extremely friendly. They game me an amazing corner room on the 28th floor overlooking the rivercenter. The room was large and bed was extremely comfortable.

The concierge lounge for elite members had a very nice happy hour from 5:30-7:30 and wide selection of breakfast items in the morning.

Parking was $25/day which I felt was extremely high however there is metered parking right on the street next to the hotel, which I used instead.

I would give this property 5 stars and would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in San Antonio.

Room Tip: If available, ask for an upper floor overlooking the rivercenter or riverwalk.
Groveton, Texas
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed Thanksgiving weekend for Distinguished Youth of Texas. The location is fabulous. The room was spacious and comfortable. Only bad thing was laptop case was dropped at some point and damaged our computer. Marriott is working with is to resolve. I would highly Recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012
Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I really enjoy our 5 nights at the Rivercenter. They didn't have a King room the first night we were there, but graciously moved us the next day for the remainder of our stay. Lauren at the front desk was fabulous to work with and our house keeper Lei kept our room perfect and neat. Drinks in the bar were expensive, but it didn't stop from having a minimum $200 bar bill per afternoon there. Servers in "The Bar" were very slow and could have sold many more drinks if they would have just asked. Elevators were always moving. The longest I waited for one was 5 minutes and had to ride "down" to go up. Pool was very inviting and I enjoyed one afternoon there. However, I wished the hot tub would have been up and running. Gift store didn't have Benedryl so my husband had to run to CVS. I was having an allergic reaction and could have used it sooner. Overall, enjoyed our stay. I would stay here again. It is close to the Rivercenter Mall, Henry Gonzalez Convention Center and the River Walk too!

Room Tip: If you want a River Walk view make sure you ask for it. If not, you will be facing the freeway.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here for a conference and this is now my favorite Riverwalk hotel -- and I've stayed at a few. The hotel is beautiful, clean, and super comfortable. The service was amazing and I felt like I was always treated like a special guest. The room was cozy, clean, and had nice amenities. The hotel is on the Riverwalk, and also connects to the Rivercenter Mall, which is very convenient. Room service is prompt and courteous, and the food is good. The hotel restaurants are also good -- one of my favorite hotel breakfasts. The hotel support and amenities made for a really nice conference as well with a great breakfast, clean and beautiful rest rooms, and nice conference rooms.